“Stay in Pacific Room 07/08/14” 3 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Ramada Carlsbad
Ranked #36 of 36 Hotels in Carlsbad
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Stay in Pacific Room 07/08/14”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014

I had a reservation- folio 55063- for 1 adult for 1 room at rate of $138'58. When I arrived at approx 6pm I was told there was good news and bad news. I had a room, but they were overbooked and it was on the 3rd floor, the Pacific Room. It turned out to be a conference room with a hide-a-bed in the doorway. Immediately I thought that was my bed, but it actually had a bedroom with a queen bed and bathroom. The conference room had a large conference table with 6 reclining chairs, an addition small square table with lamp and 2 more reclining chairs, a sofa bed, storage unit/chest with bedclothes, 2 padded chairs, a TV on the wall, a screen half way down on the wall. There were 3 ceiling lights above the couch, only 2 worked. There were 4 ceiling lights above the conference table, only the 2 away from the kitchen worked. There was a kitchen with a coffee maker on the counter, but no cups, no ice bucket, no glasses, no tray. There was nothing in the refrigerator, the cupboards above or below the counter, with the exception of a plastic bag with approximately 100 napkins, a stack of 8 or so coffee cup lids, cardboard coffee cup filled with stirrers, paper cup with 2 plastic spoons, 6 plastic knives, and 2 plastic forks, ice bucket filled with tea bags and sweetener packets. There was a refrigerator, stove, but no microwave. The room was very warm when I entered. I could not make the air come on. I had to have the man from behind the desk come up and get the air conditioning to work. He was kind enough to bring me an ice bucket to get ice and also returned with my bottle of wine opened as there was nothing in the kitchen to open it.
He told me that the the motel had been oversold, so this was the only room available for me. I told the clerk when I checked out that this room was not ready for a guest. I explained the conditions to this gentleman on the 9th - explaining the issues. There was no hair dryer in the bathroom. The elevator is very dirty, shakes, and makes noise at the 3rd floor as if it were going to drop. I used the stairs after that. The place needs lots of cleaning and care. I shall not return.

Room Tip: I was in a conference room with a bedroom and bath attached. In the main room there was a large con...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Elizabeth B

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
  • Polish first
Washington State
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2014

We called ahead because we arrived into town early and they had our room ready so we were able to check in at around 2:30. The front desk guy was nice. However, from that point forward it was awful. Normally Ramada is a pretty reliable brand. However, this was just bad. Taking the elevator up to the 2nd floor was an experience with cracked interior furnishings, missing parts of the wall, and broken light bulbs, and as it began to stop it made a scary noise that made us start to question our stay. We arrived at our room and after multiple swipes with both of the key cards in varying ways (facing in or out, up or down) the door finally responded after about 20 attempts. We walked into a room that smelled awful and looked like something you'd expect in a low budget hotel not something you are paying about $125 a night for, even in a resort area. I was concerned walking across the floor because it felt slightly damp in spots. Then I heard the "oomph" from my husband as he tried to sit on the bed that was hard as a rock. Hotel beds are not soft in general but this one was just awful. There was no way we were sleeping on that and then getting up to spend the day at Legoland. I immediately called Hotels.com to find out our options. They called the front desk and were able to refund our other 2 nights but we were told that because we had checked in for more than 1 hour they could not refund that night. Seeing as we had been there for less than 45 minutes at that point I was annoyed. We left the room and stopped at the front desk and they stated that it was because of their 24 hour cancellation policy instead. Needless to say we drove away and found another hotel to stay at and double paid for the night. No way were we staying at the Ramada and likely will never stay at another one!

• Stayed July 2014
2 Thank Phenom1293
Los Angeles, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

Let me spare you the trouble. This place is terrible! It smells terrible and musty and it's old and run down. Even the elevator was dirty and run down. It was a nightmare because I made the reservations thinking I was on the Ramada Website and it turned out I was on a third party hotel finder website and there was a no refund policy. Our family lost the money for two nights but this hotel smelled so bad that we walked in the room and immediately walked out and COULD NOT stay there regardless of the loss of our money. The hotel front desk said they could not do anything about it since we booked through third party, but they would have refunded us if we had booked through them. Terrible life lesson learned by me. Be careful when you book online. Always read the reviews. I thought the Ramada name was a trusted name but sadly it's not.

2 Thank beebee m
gmcomfortSanDiego, Guest Relations Manager at Ramada Carlsbad, responded to this review, 1 July 2014
I apologize for your experience. We try hard to make sure everyone's stay is a good one and I am sorry you did not have a good experience.
Carlsbad
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

The room is falling apart. One bedroom door was coming off the hinge and did not close. Air conditioner in one bedroom was broken and could not open the window. The room has kitchenette but they are not functionable. Dish packs you have to get from the front desk. Dish pack came with bent forks and rusted can opener and 1 small steak knife as the only cutting instrument. There were no hot pads, no mixing bowls or ANYTHING of the sort to use for preparing a meal. Essentially just what you eat off of but nothing to make food with. No cups or glasses to drink from etc. This made the kitchenette unusable. Also, there was a scrub pad supplied with the dish pack that had been cut in half but was already used. The oven dials were stripped. It is not a bad location, and staff was friendly. However, the room was in sore need of repair.

Sleep Quality
Review collected in partnership with Ramada

4 Thank John S
gmcomfortSanDiego, Public Relations Manager at Ramada Carlsbad, responded to this review, 1 July 2014
I apologize that we did not meet your expectations. The hotel is under new management and we have begun to make significant changes to the hotel. Just recently all carpeting and sofa beds were replaced. We also replaced all pool furniture. We will continue to improve the hotel and I am sorry that we feel short during your stay.
Carlsbad
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

We have stayed at this hotel for like 3 or 4 years in a row. We have a loargwe family of seven and love the big three room suites. For the price so far they are the best we have found. It disappointing because hte y use to have eggs and sausage avaible for a hot breakfest but they stopped that like a year or two ago. but like i said for a large family its the best value we have found so far.

Sleep Quality
Review collected in partnership with Ramada

1 Thank Douglas L
Thank you for staying with us time and time again. We really appreciate your business.