Best Western Plus Beach View Lodge
Ocean Palms Beach Resort(Carlsbad)(Great Value!)
US$299
US$382
US$343
  • Restaurant
Hilton Garden Inn Carlsbad Beach(Carlsbad)(Great Value!)
US$194
Groupon.com
US$223
US$193
  • Pool
Grand Pacific Palisades Resort and Hotel(Carlsbad)(Great Value!)
US$178
US$153
  • Pool
Sheraton Carlsbad Resort and Spa(Carlsbad)(Great Value!)
US$197
US$165
  • Restaurant
Carlsbad Inn Beach Resort(Carlsbad)(Great Value!)
US$291
US$252
  • Pool
Omni La Costa Resort & Spa(Carlsbad)
US$380
US$359
  • Pool
All reviewssun deckacross the streetgreat locationfree covered parkingbreakfast roomcarlsbad villagewithin walking distancean older propertyguest loungeoverlooking the oceanbeach vacationcan't beat the locationrestaurants and shopsyogurtpool and hot tubfree breakfaststaying at this hotel
Reviewed 24 December 2013

The location is stunning although a little disappointing that our room did not have a view despite being a suite. We chose it because it had a kitchenette which was very useful. With a toddler it makes a big difference. The breakfast had a good choice of food- not a huge amount of hot dishes but plenty for us - cereal, lots of bread, fruit and yogurt etc.
However, what stood out for us were the staff who went out of their way to help and were very patient with a little curious boy!. Dorothy at breakfast became my little boy's favorite friend and Gilbert made sure that the pool was all ready for him to go swimming- which we did every evening. Erik and Mac at the front desk also were very helpful. Unfortunately, I heard that they are going to be doing some renovations and removing the kitchenettes and laid off all the staff. This is unfortunate as the kitchenette was the reason I picked it and the staff would be the reason why we would go back- I guess we won't be going there again:-(

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
BeachViewLodge, General Manager at Best Western Plus Beach View Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 8 February 2014

Hi Jeannie,

Thank you for taking a moment to share your recent experience with us! I am so pleased to hear that you and your family were able to enjoy our incredible location and that our amazing staff made such a positive impact on your vacation.

This week, we are completing our remarkable rooms renovation. Please know that most of our Suites retained their beloved Kitchenettes. In fact, we have installed full-sized refrigerators, brand new microwaves and sinks, coffee makers and improved eat-in kitchen functionality to upgrade this space. Furthermore, most of the staff that you were so kind to compliment are here and ready to welcome back all of our loyal guests!

I certainly hope that these updates will inspire you and your family to return for another joyful stay with us! If there is anything that I may do to assist, please do not hesitate to give me a call at 760-729-1151.

Reviewed 14 December 2013

We knew the hotel was an older establishment, but felt for the price paid for rooms, everything should work perfectly in the rooms. The 'breakfast' was sparse and uninviting. The only thing good about staying there was - it was across the street from the ocean/beach. Have stayed in many B/W, some older that were more inviting and better amenities, ambiance than this one. It's really not up to B/W expectations we think. If up that way again, we will look for other accommodations Sorry, B/W..

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Hello Jean,

I appreciate the time that you took to share your less than remarkable experience with us. And I sincerely apologize that our property did not fulfill your expectations. Please know that in an effort to offer our guests an experience that parallels our incredible beach-side location, we recently embarked upon an extensive rooms renovation. Fresh paint, carpet, furniture, bathrooms and appliances are being installed at this precise moment in preparation for our reopening on February 14th. I certainly hope that you will consider offering us another chance to truly "wow" you with our updates.

If I may offer any assistance to you, please feel free to reach me at 760-729-1151.

We hope to see you soon,

Reviewed 2 December 2013

Great location, friendly and helpfull staff, clean and comfortable beds. We had a restful sleep after a day in Legoland, enjoyed free breakfast at the hotel's oceanview lounge and a walk along the beach the next morning. We would like to recommend this hotel to everyone. It worths the money even though it is not a luxury hotel. We did not have time to check out Carlsbad downtown, it looked interesting when we drove by

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Hung L

Thank you for recommending our hotel, Hung! Now that you have had the opportunity to explore Legoland, we hope that you come back soon to stroll through historic Carlsbad Village. With over 30 restaurants within walking distance and a family-friendly beach just right across the street, I am certain that your family would enjoy another weekend with us!

Please let me know if I can assist with your future visit. My friendly staff and I can be reached at 760-729-1151.

Thanks again for your support,

Reviewed 15 November 2013

My stay at this location is always pleasant and the hotel is well kept and comfortable. I strongly recommend it for both business and pleasure. The hotel has a beautiful view of the ocean and is within easy walking distance of many great eateries and other fun places to hang-out.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Ken K
Reviewed 14 November 2013

My wife and I were in Carlsbad for a much-needed vacation. After checking out a number of places in the area, we went with the Best Western Plus. We got an increidble rate and that factors into the rating.

-Our room was large and clean, with a balcony which, if you sit right, you can see the ocean. We had a fridge and microwave and a large tv.
- The secret to this place is the breakfast room/breakfast balcony which looks right out onto the ocean.
- The staff were super friendly
- You are across the street from the ocean and 2 blocks from Carlsbad Village. From the village you can take the train to San Diego if you wish.
- Breakfast is cereal, danish/bagel and jimmy dean sandwiches.

All in all, when we come back to S.D. we will stay here!

Room Tip: Do 3rd floor for quietness
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple