“Helped Save our vacation”

Grand Pacific Palisades Resort and Hotel
Ranked #10 of 36 Hotels in Carlsbad
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 29 June 2011

We were in San Diego on a family vacation staying at another resort. Our car broke down and it took over a week to get fixed.. We needed a place to stay because the hotel we were at was full. Holly was able to squeeze us in and we had a great time. The room had a nice kitchen and they even were able to shuttle us down to Costco and the Beach. Adam who drove us was great. All the stuff to do like the Wii night and music were great because we didnt have to go anywere. My dad actually relaxed.....

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (1,805)

Reviewed 26 June 2011

I made my family reservation since january I booked a two queen bed for 2 adults 2 children when I got their they gave us a 1 king bed all rooms were booked they send two roller beds for my kids service sucked and management was terrible

• Stayed: June 2011
5  Thank missveronicagarcia
hollyansley, General Manager at Grand Pacific Palisades Resort and Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2011

Hello. We were all quite devastated when we read this comment on Trip Advisors. The entire staff here at Grand Pacific Palisades works so hard to accommodate all our guests in hopes that they have a wonderful vacation. I am so sorry that your experience was negative at Palisades. As I stated before, we strive so hard to make sure every experience is wondeful and we hope that this review does not deter others from visiting us. Thank you. Holly Ansley, General Manager.

Reviewed 19 June 2011

Stayed in condos. Booked seven days - left after two. The noise kept us up all night and management refused to handle it, even after complaints from other rooms as well. I was promised a certificate for a return stay, which has yet to appear, which even if it does won't make up for a vacation I traveled six hours for.

3  Thank sctsdlmom
Reviewed 19 June 2011

The website showed a romantic style getaway expecially snowing an Adult only pool. I was really leary while traveling with my 8 year old.

PROS:
What the website didn't show was the fantastic Family pool and play area. The pool opens at 8am and closes at 9pm. This really is a family hotel and not really a 4- 5 star romatic upper class hotel.

WIFI is available just about everywhere. See CON for fee.

CON:
1-The family pool doesn't have a whole lot of seating during prime time. We had to share two chairs for 5 people at one point.

2-The walls and floors are paper thin. I could hear the guy snoring above us and you definately hear other rooms toilets flushing. I recommend trying to get a top floor closer to the end of a hall if you can get it. HOWEVER, since it is mostly families with small children it gets quite pretty early. Usually about 10pm.

3a- There is only one resturant on site. They also do the room service and the breakfast buffett. It's not bad but it does get old.
3b-Be sure to plan your time accordingly because during prime dinner time.
3c-You will have to wait and they don't have those pagers so you have to stand within earshot of the hostess.

4- Parking and Internet is included in $12 resort fee which also gets you a daily paper.

All in all it's not a bad place. I'd stay her again however, I'll ask for a top floor room.

Reviewed 14 June 2011

I just spent a week at GPP with my family, including two five-year olds, an 18-month old, and a 1-year old. The place was perfect for us. My parents enjoyed swimming laps in the Olympic-sized pool. We all enjoyed buffet breakfasts and other meals at the Karl Strauss Brewery. The v. young children adored the little playground, water park, pool, and hot tub. The five years olds loved Legoland.

The rooms were spacious and comfortable. We bbq'd every night at one of the multiple bbqs on site. There was plenty of space for all 12 of us to eat in each other's rooms.

It's the perfect place to vacation with young kids.

1  Thank happycamper201159
Reviewed 13 June 2011

Loved this hotel. Staff were super friendly and helpful, rooms were clean, parking was good, and the walk over to Legoland was so short even my son didn't mind it at the end of the day! We didn't have a lot of time to use the amenities at the hotel, but the next time we're back in Carlsbad, we'll be staying here and giving ourselves enough time to do so!

Reviewed 13 June 2011

We have it in March and September. It's a family oriented resort and I believe September has more kids than March for some reason. So if you don't mind the noise from kids then stay here if you want peace and quiet maybe stay at the hotel part. Decor needs updating t.v.'s also. But pools and exercise room are nice. Lots of kids activities. Close to shops and eateries.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with family