“Excellent”

Ranked #13 of 36 Hotels in Carlsbad
Port of Spain, Trinidad and Tobago
“Excellent”
Reviewed 6 August 2013

Overall an excellent experience. The hotel has a lovely ambience and a family friendly atmosphere. The facilities were conveniently located on site. There needs to be more eating options. There also needs to be a regular and convenient mode of transport from rooms to meeting halls. The walk is very long and the transport was not always around. I was lucky to be there when a WTA tournament was on and I attended. The facilities are wonderful. I was there for an event at the Chopra Center and I must say that this center could not have been in a better place. The staff members are very professional and genuinely friendly and helpful.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Omni Hotels & Resorts

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (275)
  • Korean first
California
Reviewed 6 August 2013

We love staying at La Costa. The pool is very kid friendly. The extra amenities / shows (reptile, smores, band, etc.) makes it fun for all of us. My son loved the FREE arcade. Nephews enjoyed the water slide and I enjoyed the band while drinking wine. Mr. Chava always makes breakfast fun and the choice of food and fruit makes it easier for my picky eater to be full. We even enjoyed a girls night out right outside the lobby bar with a beautiful view.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family

Carlsbad, California
Reviewed 5 August 2013

Booked a room this morning at La Costa for my folks who are coming out to help my family move into our new house just south of La Costa Resort. I was quoted a room for $188/night, but when I got the confimation email, the price had changed to $260/night. I called back to get info, and the explanation was that they had a new system and the reservationist made a mistake. They were NOT willing to HONOR the original quote (even though it was cheaper to go thru travelocity). I stayed here before, and this is a very nice resort/hotel - but I will not be staying here again. Caveat emptor!

Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Ed D
Santa Monica, United States
Reviewed 5 August 2013

HORRIBLE all-around experience. Only thing good about this property is its location. Horrible value for the money. Crappy everything from shampoos to pillows. We went home with the worst back and neck issues. The property hosts ridiculously overpriced food options, and it's over crowded, drowning in kids, and it's literally impossible for a couple to enjoy a romantic getaway. The Chopra Center is here and marginally better however it is run-down and could use a makeover. Where did they put the millions of dollars I'd like to know?

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple

4 Thank Cha T
Campbell, United States
Reviewed 5 August 2013

Increase the number of employees to meet the amount of guests that you have. The hotel is poorly staffed and not responsive. The wait time to check in, pick up bags and respond to the issues is very bad. The noise level in the hotel is very bad. I was immediately put on hold every time I called and left on hold each time. These issues were reported to Melissa Irons, Anderson Spensley and Rooms Manager Darren Grabinski. Mr. Grabinski was either too busy or not concerned enough with my issues to get back to me in a timely manner. He was unavailable when I asked to speak with him directly at the front desk as I waited for him to meet me. After waiting a very long time for him, I decided to leave my phone number so he could call me. He did not contact me for several hours after I left my phone number at the front desk. I have been a regular guest at La Costa Resort for about ten years. The last two times that I’ve stayed there were far below standard and absolutely unacceptable.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple

6 Thank Steve M
los angeles, United States
Reviewed 5 August 2013

Very kid-friendly, a kid mecca. Kids camp is great, takes kids as young as 2. Arcade games weren't functioning one day, pool is great though very crowded. They take a 10 minute bathroom break in kids pool, but then send all the kids to the jacuzzi (gross). Food at pool was mediocre, but Saturday night in the plaza is really fun. Live band and tacos. My kids were in heaven. Took a decent pilates and yoga class. 1 bed villa was nice, pretty spacious though had a view of the parking lot. Did not like. Also there were people partying in the room next to us all night. Called security and it was handled. Will go back because the kids were in heaven, and some good adult things to do (classes, spa) when kids are at camp.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family

1 Thank Blythe A
Carlsbad, United States
Reviewed 4 August 2013

Great property, friendly staff good food and fast valet staff. The kid's pool area was perfect for our twin 5 yr olds and the cocktails were good and came quickly for mom and dad. :) We will return again next year

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Omni Hotels & Resorts

Also consider these accommodations in or near Carlsbad
Cape Rey Carlsbad, a Hilton Resort
Beach Terrace Inn
#3 of 36 in Carlsbad
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,297 reviews
Park Hyatt Aviara Resort

Been to Omni La Costa Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!