“I will definitely be back to this beautiful spot!”

Omni La Costa Resort & Spa
Ranked #12 of 36 Hotels in Carlsbad
Reviewed 10 November 2013 via mobile

Absolutely amazing hotel and wonderful people working here. Great energy with the Chopra Centre staff, all of the hotel staff and the people who frequent this wonderful location. The hotel is very clean, classy and is surrounding by greenery and absolutely beautiful fountains, flowers and paths connecting the massive property. I was here on a retreat and the hotel was just a pleasure to stay at. The gym was also a great bonus!

• Stayed: November 2013
There are newer reviews for Omni La Costa Resort & Spa

Reviewed 10 November 2013

I enjoyed this hotel with my staff for a Orthodontic meeting that we attended there , food and rooms were great , very beautiful place , but computers were lousy and still do not have copy of final bill ,2 weeks later . No security as full bar fight on Friday night in the hotel bar ,between wedding guests !

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Omni Hotels & Resorts
Denise C, Manager at Omni La Costa Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 18 November 2013

Dear MarkY: We love that you had a good time in Cali and pleased to hear that you particularly enjoyed the food and rooms here. Please rest assured that security is a top priority here and that we respond quickly whenever needed. Thank you for sharing your comments here.

Reviewed 9 November 2013

My wife and visited La Costa Resort in Carlsbad for a 3 day weekend get-away. Unfortunately our first room had an awful odor like there was a dead rat in the ventilation system. The front desk staff offered up a different room without a patio and we asked if we they could find us a room with similar accommodations to our first. The front desk person said he would and get back to us. We waited for an hour, all packed and ready, but we never hear back. After calling the front desk again we learned that the individual had left for the day without getting back to us! The new front desk person wasn't very apologetic but did get us a satisfactory room. We also had customer service issues with the cleaning staff on the second day who, for whatever reason, was "mad-dogging" us because we took a few extra minutes to leave the room. On top of this the hot tubs in our area didn't get hotter than luke warm. The grounds are beautiful, however, and the Marketplace staff is friendly and the food is good. I think a good time could be had at this hotel, but unfortunately the issues we ran into kept us from leaving with a good impression.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Steven S

Dear StevenS: It's great to hear that you enjoyed the beautiful grounds here and the helpful marketplace staff. Thank you for sharing your comments about getting settled into a guestroom. I apologize for the delay you experienced and have shared your commments with our team. I appreciate that you've shared your comments with us.

Reviewed 8 November 2013

I stayed for a 2 day conference. Upon entering the resort it felt like a Spanish villa and the grounds are beautiful. I checked in and asked for a patio and she gave me the last room but it was also the farthest on the property. One con is that there is a central parking lot but the rooms are only accessible by golf carts or walking so it's a hike if you have a further room to walk to. The next day we ordered room service and left for our meeting for the day. Returned about 5:30 pm to find the room just as we left it. I was shocked that they do not provide daily maid service. The room service tray and place still there smelling up my room. I think they should tell you when you check in. I expected a bit meow from a 4/5 star resort.

Also, I stayed with a girlfriend of mine and they restroom doors are so transparent, lack of privacy is a bit awkward!

• Stayed: November 2013

Dear LTSandiego: Thanks for visiting us and for your comments about our beautiful grounds. We do provide daily housekeeping service, so I apologize for the miscommunication that occured during your visit.

Reviewed 29 October 2013

Brady Tennis Campers - Love this resort. Beautiful golf courses, a ton of tennis courts and clay courts to practice on. Food & desserts are delicious, there is no need to go outside the resort. Near ocean so the weather is nice and very comfortable.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Omni Hotels & Resorts
Denise C, Manager at Omni La Costa Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 4 November 2013

Dear Denise N: So glad you enjoyed the chance to relax without ever leaving the property. And terrific that you enjoyed our clay tennis courts as well. We hope to welcome you back soon!

Reviewed 28 October 2013

La Costa is a great place for a quite retreat from a busy schedule. The only down point was the service in the Bistro for breakfast. It was very slow. Golf was good and the courses are in great shape for this time of the season.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Omni Hotels & Resorts

Dear mrsmac: Thank you for your comments about the quiet retreat you enjoyed at Omni La Costa. We appreciate your comments about the great golf conditions as well as the critique of Bistro 65 service.

Reviewed 27 October 2013

My second stay at La Costa & the first time after they renamed themselves to 'Omni La Costa', however, I love it nevertheless! The grounds are beautiful, the staff are friendly and the front desk staff remembered me from my last visit too - which was tremendously endearing!

The check-in was speedy and my room was ready.. but I was a bit disappointed with the choice of room this time. For such a lengthy stay, by myself, I had a tiny room, quite a walk away from the seminar venue that faced the rear parking lot. I was, also, disappointed in not having a bath tub in the room - when I was really looking forward to a good soak after a 16.5 hrs trip and add the transit times from LAX, it could be a good 24hrs since I left home. Some of the attendees at my seminar (also staying by themselves) had a good suite with a bath, etc, so it was a bit of a let-down on the criteria for random upgrades.. Maybe the staff should pay closer attention to where their guests are flying from & use that as a yardstick too.

There were a few things that I noticed though, that could be room for improvement - especially for guests staying longer (and I've shared it with them on their check-out survey). So, if you're a guest flying internationally, you may want to carry an international plug converter/adapter as they do not provide those for guests any more. And definitely, do not forget your charger .. at all. lol.. I forgot mine and had to go down to the AT&T next to Albertsons (just outside & to the left of the property) to buy a new set.

Also, for those who like to shop on property (and possibly in their cute boutiques & stores around Carlsbad), if you're concerned about baggage, make sure you have a way to weigh your bags, because the Resort do not have a luggage scale, but the awesome bellstand staff were happy to make me an physical estimate by heaving my bags.. lol..

However, their restaurants are always super! For my last night, I arrived back late and starving and ran into Bistro 65 at 9:30pm with them closing at 10pm. They allowed me in very graciously and offered their daily special as well. I must say, their pan-seared Mahi Mahi on polenta was so delicious!! It was a quiet solo celebration, so I was very touched at the gesture. Oh, and their clam chowder was super amazing too!

All things considered, this is a great place and fantastic for me as I attend seminars held at the resort, so it is obviously my first & best choice. I've seen there are lovely attractions for my kids too, so I'm planning on taking them along with me then.. (just will have to time it when I'm not on a seminar!)

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo

Dear LuvenaR: Thank you for posting and for your loyalty to Omni La Costa! I've already shared your luggage scale idea with our retail director-- what a terrific suggestion. Also appreciate your comment about your guestroom preference. Next time you stay with us, please let us know if you're without a charger, as we can generally assist you with that. We hope to welcome you back soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Carlsbad
Rancho Bernardo Inn
Mission Bay Park
Paradise Point Resort & Spa
Paradise Point Resort & Spa
#150 of 278 in San Diego

Been to Omni La Costa Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!