Omni La Costa Resort & Spa
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$182
US$157
US$121
US$114
HIExpress.com
Ocean Palms Beach Resort(Carlsbad)(Great Value!)
US$297
US$174
US$108
  • Pool
Carlsbad Inn Beach Resort(Carlsbad)(Great Value!)
US$233
US$208
  • Pool
Sheraton Carlsbad Resort and Spa(Carlsbad)(Great Value!)
US$202
Sheraton.com
US$404
US$364
  • Restaurant
West Inn & Suites Carlsbad(Carlsbad)(Great Value!)
US$220
Official Hotel
  • Restaurant
LEGOLAND California Hotel(Carlsbad)(Great Value!)
US$359
Official Website
Beach Terrace Inn(Carlsbad)
No availability for your dates from our partners
3,151 results
All reviewschopra centergolf coursewater slidesfire grillbob's steakhousemarket placebeautiful groundsplay golftennis courtskids clubbusiness conferenceself parkingadult poolfamily vacationfitness centersan diegofamily pool
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 10 January 2014

My family has happily stayed at La Costa several times, including Easter, Halloween and Christmas Eve, but this last visit made me reconsider ever staying there again. During our Christmas vacation, a baby mattress was sent to our room with several tears, stains, and rusted air holes (still produce mattresses with air holes?) I called for a manager and spoke to Matt, who promised he would send the best mattress he had, apologized, and offered free breakfast. All this occurred late in the evening - bedtime - while my one-year-old son slept on the bed. Two baby crib mattresses were sent to our room, both had extensive damage; tears, holes and stains - worse than the first. No one would let their child sleep on those mattresses. No one. I was up all night, as I had no choice but to have my baby sleep in bed with us. Really makes me sad and disappointed.
We asked the person who brought the replacement mattresses to our room to take the entire crib out since it was unusable. I had hoped Matt would've followed up, after all, he did promise his best mattress and seemed truly concerned, and must've known the mattresses we were offered were even worse than the first, but we never got a call. Nor have we heard back from anyone at Omni, who was sent photos and should've received them a week ago. It's just so disappointing. If La Costa thinks babies don't deserve something better, I can only imagine what lurks under the covers of all the hotel mattresses. My biggest concern is that these mattresses have been rejected by other guests, yet the hotel doesn't seem to care enough about our children to do something about it.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank takenoteon
Denise C, Manager at Omni La Costa Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 16 January 2014

Dear takenoteon: We really appreciate the feedback you've shared here. As you know from your visits here, we're a family-friendly resort and we work hard to make parents' vacations as relaxing as possible. The experience you had is not representative of our service standards and I apologize that you had this experience. I'm checking to verify that we did receive the note you mention here and we'll certainly follow up with you directly. In the meantime, we really do appreciate that you've taken the time to share your comments.

Reviewed 10 January 2014

Very solid 4-star experience; but not luxury, plus a few other minor "issues" below, so not 5-star.

Facility underwent an upgrade when it was purchased by Omni. Overall it is quite nice. Nothing negative to say about the appearance or cleanliness of the facility.

VERY friendly service. The quality of the service stood out and is something I'll remember. I apparently missed the sign that valet was $25/day, and they were kind enough to remove it from my bill.

The rooms are nice. Not amazing. But nice. Bed wasn't the most comfortable in the world, but no complaints.

My only two "issues" were the spa, and the general lack of things to do/places to hang out.

Spa: I'm well aware that resort spas have inflated pricing. That you pay "for the experience" and so on. BUT, at the very least they should provide high quality massages. I get massages on a regular basis and both my wife and I, who had a couples massage, felt that these were average massages AT BEST. I paid an extra $5 for "deep tissue", but there was no deep tissue. I came out feeling like I had been lightly rubbed with lotion. Again, I'm ok paying a lot for the spa experience, but I expect a $165 massage to be better than the $40 massages they have on Convoy st.

What to do: When I'm at a resort I'm used to having places to go and sit, other than in my room. La Costa did have a nice little lounge with live music, which we enjoyed for a bit. And they do have a sports type bar; again, both nice options. BUT, resorts tend to attract kids. Or even people like me who don't drink. We couldn't find a single place to go and relax, so we ended up hanging out in the room. For how cold it was it would have been nice to have a place to sit by a real fire. Or maybe have the heat lamps out...and on!

I don't want to discourage anyone from going. I hope you go and enjoy your stay. But we won't be going back. Not for the $750 we paid for one night's stay with dinner and massages. Not worth it to me.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Timothy L
Denise C, Manager at Omni La Costa Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 13 January 2014

Dear TimothyL: Thanks for selecting our resort for your getaway and for your kind remarks about our beautiful facility and very friendly service. In terms of things to do here, it sounds like we should have done a better job of communicating with you before and during yours stay. At this time of year, our resort offers 152 things to do each week and a team of Experience Planners to help our guests plan a memorable and customized stay. I wish we could have done a better job of steering you to some activities and really appreciate that you've taken the time to share your review here. Thank you.

Reviewed 9 January 2014

The resort was very well kept, the villa we stayed in was very comfortable and had all the amenities like home. And the staff was amazing and very friendly. Omni la costa is also a dog friendly resort.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Omni Hotels & Resorts
Denise C, Manager at Omni La Costa Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 10 January 2014

Dear BonnieP: So glad you felt right at home here during your stay. We can't wait to welcome you and your dog for a return visit!

Reviewed 8 January 2014

We were upgraded to a Villa and had a great time. I had read some critical reviews of the hotel but our stay was wonderful all the way around. Beautiful room, grounds. Great service and food. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 January 2014

we had such a great stay!!! An upgraded room overlooking the golf course and what a great view!!! next time I'm staying longer,2 nights was not enough for the enjoyment and the activities on the resort....

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Omni Hotels & Resorts
1  Thank Nicoletta S

Dear NicolettaS: Thank you for sharing your comments on your great stay and the views you enjoyed while here. We look forward to welcoming you back for a longer stay next time!