“Excellent resort and experience”

Omni La Costa Resort & Spa
Ranked #13 of 36 Hotels in Carlsbad
Reviewed 22 July 2014

I stayed here a couple of days for a fairly large meeting. First, I must say the hotel managed the meeting to perfection. All activities were coordinated to perfection. The room they gave us was fantastic. It had a fireplace,huge bathroom and a small kitchen.

The hotel grounds are beautiful. Everything is well kept. I did not use the golf course or tennis courts but they looked really nice. The main square of the hotel has a good coffee shop with 24 hour food, a really nice near the front desk and just a very enjoyable area.

The pools are varied and great for kids. The adult pool is great for couples who just want to have an awesome vista with a drink.

The Spa is magnificent. If you get a treatment you can spend the entire day at their private pool and have lunch and enjoy drinks.

The only downside is the relatively large size of the hotel. But you can always call for a golf cart.

Tip: Try to rent a car and drive around the area. It is beautiful.

Room Tip: Ask for a room near the "center" of the hotel.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (3,013)

Reviewed 22 July 2014

I expected more of an adult zen experience. Didn't know that there is a very big kids camp area. If your guy is playing golf and you are using the spa, there is not much time to enjoy the gym, the room or pool. The value of the golf and spa package and that is the only way I would come back. The food was good. The check in line was huge and checking out line was just as bad. They did hold our luggage for the day so we could enjoy the day before we had to leave. Too many families where we were woken up to running kids down the hall.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 July 2014

Would you prefer to go on a "trip" or have the "vacation" of a life time? I just returned from the Omni La Costa Resort and Spa in Carlsbad, California and I have to say there is nowhere like it in the world! I've been to many resorts nationally and internationally, and this place beats them all.
What impressed me most was the versatility of experience. La Costa resort can be a romantic getaway for couples, a great family spot with kids' activities and pools as well as the perfect Deepak Chopra meditation and yoga facility. I did a little of everything... tennis clinics on beautifully cared for courts (clay or asphalt options), yoga and meditation at the Chopra center, and jacuzzi, massage and fine casual dining at the café by the pool inside the Omni Spa. I, also, enjoyed the variety of restaurants on-site from the Blue-Fire Grill (amazing steak!) to the 24 hour Market place where I enjoyed an egg-white Burrito with my faithful Starbucks every morning. With exquisitely manicured grounds and the staff's attention to detail and service, I strongly recommend this vacation destination to anyone who wants a magical getaway!

Room Tip: Rooms by the garden pool have large living space and lovely terraces for dining.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Karin M
Reviewed 21 July 2014

For a resort charging the premiums they do, the staff service disappointed. For example, if you did not get the concierge, almost nobody on the resort knew the schedule of events taking place around the resort. If you wanted the housekeeping to do something, you had to speak with housekeeping. The problem became if you need something, everyone pushed the deal to someone else. Very frustrating when I got voice mails for concierge, room service, kids camp, etc. I feel like I should have been able to make a request at front desk and if they didn't know answer, they would get it back to me. Instead, on probably at least 10 occasions during our 6 day stay, we got routed and re-routed trying to get even simple answers.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Bryan L
Reviewed 21 July 2014

I am a black member of Omni and my stay was not satisfactory. I have submitted emails regarding my concerns. I will update to see how they address the issues I have raised. Issues: 1. cloth sent for pressing did not return timely. 2. room was not ready as promised. 3. black member was not treated like one. 4. lack of an immediate response to the complaints.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Steven C
Reviewed 20 July 2014

My husband and I, along with 15 of our friends and family, stayed at La Costa for 5 nights a couple of weeks ago. We were there to get married and what a magical setting it was for our special day. From the moment we checked in to the resort the staff couldn't have been more accommodating and friendly. We used the concierge service to recommend a restaurant for our rehearsal dinner after a last minute change and the restaurant they recommended was fantastic - Pacific Coast Grill - a definite dinner spot for anyone looking for delicious food and ocean views. We all stayed in Plaza guest rooms which were decorated in beautiful hacienda style, were exceptionally clean, very spacious and had a super comfy King bed. The adult edge pool was superb. We loved the laid back atmosphere and the views of the golf course from the infinity pools were fantastic. We enjoyed a couple of delicious bites in the sports bar and yummy cocktails out beside the fire pits during our stay which was great fun. The day of our actual wedding went without a hitch. The resort wedding coordinator Jessica Bradford was excellent from beginning to end and worked really well with our superb wedding planner Megan Sholdar, who Jessica actually recommended to us. The food, drinks and staff working at our wedding were all amazing and helped make our day even more special. The town of Carlsbad is very close by with quaint shops and eateries and the nearby Broken Yolk cafe is a must for breakfast or lunch. The beach is also only 10 minutes away. My husband and I are looking forward to returning to La Costa in the very near future to experience the excellent resort all over again.

Room Tip: The plaza King guest room is beautiful
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 July 2014

Omni took over La Costa on July 1 2013. This was my was first stay following that transaction. Very disappointing .... level of service has certainly dipped. Not likely to return to this property. The famous La Costa service and amenities are gone .... replaced with sterile corporate deal. Not for me.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Koorenny M
TylerPringle, Manager at Omni La Costa Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2014

Dear Koorenny M: We are sorry to hear you had an unpleasant experience while visiting us. Outstanding service is of paramount importance to our resort, and that has been further emphasized since becoming an Omni property. We pride ourselves on helping our guests connect with what matters most to them, and we hope you will re-consider Omni La Costa again in the future.