“A trip saver!”

Residence Inn San Diego Carlsbad
Ranked #27 of 36 Hotels in Carlsbad
Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

We had been in Anaheim, to visit Disney, and had a day at Legoland planned. The hotel we originally checked into was... Well, let's just say, the only thing good about it was that it was close to Disney. I called around to find a hotel closer to Legoland for the last 2 nights of our trip (at 4 pm the day we needed a place, bc I had *had* it with the original hotel), and they not only got us in, we had a fabulous room, free dinner (I guess this is a sometimes thing that they do, because on night 2, they didn't make dinner), free breakfast that was hot and good, a clean, spacious pool and hottub, and blessed quiet. It was a tiny drive (5 min) from Legoland, plus a bunch of restaurants and the ocean. It was, literally, a trip saver. The front desk staff were incredibly friendly and helpful, and I really couldn't have asked for more.

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Starflyr3
Trent S, General Manager at Residence Inn San Diego Carlsbad, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2014

Starflyr3,

Wow! I am so pleased that we were able to save your trip! We are pleased that you were able to enjoy our Mon-Thurs social hour, breakfast, and great pool area. It is also great to hear that you found our spacious rooms fabulous and the location central to LegoLand and many restaurants. We aren't right in the middle of everything but that contributes to the quiet you experienced. Thank you for pointing that out!

Most of all, we are thrilled that you found our staff friendly and helpful. They really are our "difference makers" and we are pleased that they showed that during your stay. We will definitely share your comments with the whole staff.

We hope to see you on your next visit to Southern California and Carlsbad.

Reviewed 16 July 2014

We've been staying at the Marriott Residence Inn Carlsbad every year for about 20 years. Every year our stay gets better and better. The comfortable beds, the brand new room renovations and the free breakfast along with weekday happy hour, makes this hotel our number one choice. I would recommend this property to anyone who loves comfort and unmatched service.

3  Thank Kathleen K
Geoff W, Manager at Residence Inn San Diego Carlsbad, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2014

Kathleen K,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience at our property. Thank you for pointing out that we consistently deliver a great product. We are very proud of our property, and I feel that it shows. Having stayed with us for so many years I was very happy to hear that you like the recent renovations, and thank you for mentioning our service. We love what we do and that translates to great guest service.

I am glad to be your number one choice of hotels in the area, that is a huge compliment.

We look forward to hosting you again next year, and the year after, and so on.

Cheers,

GeoffW
Assistant General Manager

Reviewed 14 July 2014

I spent 10 days with my family of 4 here at this hotel in July. The July 4th holiday week is a busy one and the employees did everythong in thier power to make this an ultra positive experience. The free breakfast was hot and fresh, and the weekday evenings they served free dinner and drinks as well. I would stay here again for sure.

1  Thank DonnieDM
Trent S, General Manager at Residence Inn San Diego Carlsbad, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2014

DonnieDM,

Thank you for spending 10 days with us and taking the time to let other travelers know about your positive experiences with us. Our breakfast and social hours are definitely great additions to an already great hotel.

July is indeed a busy time but we are pleased that our staff did everything to make it a positive experience. They are truly the difference makers. We will share your comments with them today!

We look forward to that return trip!

Warm regards,

Reviewed 14 July 2014

We spent 5 days at the Residence Inn - Carlsbad in a one bedroon suite. The hotel and and our room was in really good condition and clean. We called ahead for a pack-n-play for our baby to sleep in and were happy to find it was complimentary with our room and delivered as promised. They have a nice breakfast in the morning that had plenty of choices. We usually didn't make it to breakfast until right when it closed at 9:30 but they still had everything you could think of. After 9:30 they still had plenty of fresh fruit available. Our housekeeper really did a great job to keep our room clean including stuff we had left behind in the sink that really shouldn't have been on her to clean, but was a very pleasant surprise at the end of long day in the themeparks. We had a lightbulb problem the first night in the bathroom, and before I could make a service request, housekeeping had it fixed and the had a follow-up call from the front desk to make sure the issue was resolved. We also appreciated that when we left a compliment at the front desk, management was actually receptive to pass along the feedback to the staff that earned the compliment.

This hotel has a nice quiet location set around office buildings, about 3 or 4 miles off I-5. It's close to Legoland, but not walking distance.

We were very pleased with our experience and would definitely stay here again.

2  Thank jjaudit
Trent S, General Manager at Residence Inn San Diego Carlsbad, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2014

jjaudit,

Thank you for staying with us for 5 days! I am glad that you enjoyed the breakfast and our staff took care of you up to the end of our normal breakfast hours. Thank you for pointing out our quiet location. We are close (but no too close) to just about everything.

I am most pleased that our staff went above and beyond to make your stay great. From our housekeepers, to maintenance staff, to the guest service team, it sounds like they really made an impression. We love to share these stories with our staff as it reinforces what we believe. In addition to your comments to our manager on duty, I will certainly pass this review along as well! Thank you for that!

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed 10 July 2014

We came to Carlsbad and spent one day at the beach and then 2 days at Legoland. We stayed 4 nights at the Residence Inn. We had a 2 Bedroom / 2 Bath that my family (my husband and I and our 2 children) shared with my parents. My parents had 1 bedroom (with the King bed) and my husband and I had the other (with a Queen bed), and my 2 children slept on the pull-out sofa in the living room. The pull-out sofa was extremely uncomfortable. I would only suggest it for small children. The beds in the bedrooms were very comfortable. We had a full kitchen. We had maintenance issues with the ice maker and the remote for one of the TV's. All of our issues were fixed very promptly. We stayed Monday-Friday and every day there was a delicious breakfast provided. Sara in the kitchen was always very attentive and on top of filling items and did an excellent job. Alex at he front desk was very accommodating and helpful as well.

An additional plus at the hotel was that M-Thurs they do a "hospitality" hour which is basically a light dinner with complimentary beer and wine! After coming back from the beach and Legoland exhausted with 2 kids (age 4 and 7) it was wonderful to walk off the shuttle and pick up a glass of beer and have food ready to eat. We didn't have to think about where we would eat, fight with tired kids, or wait for their food to come. This was a HUGE added benefit.

The pool was quite warm, comfortable so, and the jacuzzi was very comfortable. There is also a half basketball court on premises.

We had an excellent stay at the Residence Inn Carlsbad and I would stay again the next time we are in town without hesitation.

2  Thank Shelley N
Trent S, General Manager at Residence Inn San Diego Carlsbad, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2014

Shelley N,

Thank you for staying with us and writing such a glowing review! It is great that you found our two bedroom spacious for all 3 generations! I agree about the sofa beds being primarily for kids. While we buy a higher end version, they are limited by having to fold into a compact space. It is great to hear that the regular beds allowed you to get a good nights rest.

Thank you for also pointing out the rest of our amenities such as our pool and spa, sport court, and social hour. I am pleased that these additional amenities enhanced your stay.

Thank you for pointing out Alex, Sara, and our maintenance staff. While we we are pleased that you loved the rooms and facility, we know it is our people that make the difference. We love to hear when that happens!

We look forward to welcoming you back next time you are in town.

Warm wishes,

Reviewed 10 July 2014

My family stayed here during our trip to Legoland, free breakfast and light dinner was a great help and the free shuttle to to the park was great. Staff went above and beyond when our vehicles' radiator hose busted. They shuttled me to the dealership to pick up the vehicle and made sure we were taken care of with everything we needed in our room. Thank you, Justine, Ryan, Parker and Sarah. We will definitely stay here again soon.

Nancy L,

Thank you for your recent review. I am glad that you enjoyed the hotel and amenities but I am most pleased that our staff went above and beyond to help your family in a time of need. Car trouble is no fun at any time but it can certainly add unneeded stress to a vacation. We love to find ways to make your stay memorable and I am proud that Sarah, Ryan, Justine, and Parker were able to accomplish that.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon. While we love the opportunity to make your stay memorable...may it be uneventful with the car!

Safe travels,

Reviewed 9 July 2014

This was the best stay of our 10 day vacation in Ca. Close to beaches, surfing and San Diego.
A huge shout out to the staff, and particularly David who help us with the grill to cook out by the pool. This was awesome! Then he helped us with the fire by the pool side. Very relaxing and awesome place to stay.

We chose to grill out because we could and it was just like being at home. Great breakfast in the mornings.

The front staff at the counter were all very helpful with directions, etc. There was a young lady working at the front desk, I don't remember her name, but she went over and above giving us advice on fireworks viewing since we stayed there on the 4th of July.

The whole experience was like they treated us like family. Thanks for a great stay! We will be back!

Room Tip: All great rooms.