“Beautiful, Clean, Stellar View, Resort”

Sheraton Carlsbad Resort and Spa
Ranked #17 of 36 Hotels in Carlsbad
Texas
“Beautiful, Clean, Stellar View, Resort”
Reviewed 24 March 2014

Very clean, quiet, and comfortable room. Views include the Pacific Ocean and the city of Carlsbad, Ca. The lobby is expansive and the pool and hot tub are large, clean, kid friendly. If you plan on visiting to LEGOLAND, there is a private entrance from the resort to LEGOLAND. Excellent perk. Would certainly return.

Room Tip: Ask for an ocean facing room in advance. We had a room that was over the parking garage and we hear...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (297)
  • Korean first
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed 8 March 2014

Steven, the valet and shuttle operator was great. He went above and beyond to make make stay awesome. He even found an item in the shuttle that fell out of my bag and returned it to me.
Thanks again!!!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Jessica P
New York City, New York
Reviewed 27 February 2014

The grounds, pool area are beautiful. The rooms are spacious and clean. The beds are so comfortable. It was nice and quiet at night. The staff was very accommodating. Enjoyed every minute of my stay here and would stay here again in a heartbeat.

Room Tip: There is no "coastal" view so it's worth it to stay in building one and forgo the &quo...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 27 February 2014 via mobile

Overall it was a nice enough hotel, staff were friendly and facilities were clean. Toilet overflowed first night and maintenance guy fixed up but it took two calls and a visit to the front desk to get someone to come clean up the floor. Next morning the toilet seemed blocked again but we were checking out so didn't worry. Great location for legoland and not to far to drive into town. Probably wouldn't go back.

Stayed February 2014
Richland, Washington
Reviewed 24 February 2014

Jennifer at the front desk was outstanding in finding us just the right room! We were pleasantly surprised at the nicely expanded restaurant and the highly upgraded pool area. I felt valued and important as an SPG Platinum member (for a change). We met some new friends at the pool also enjoying the beautiful weather. Underground parking wonderful. Jacuzzi hot with strong jets.
This property hit on all four cylinders for me and my wife this time. Great cheap drinks and friendy bartenders in the lounge.

Room Tip: Jennifer at the front desk was outstanding in finding us just the right room!
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank DRP126
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed 23 February 2014

As a frequent traveler and Starwood Platinum member, I have mixed feelings about the Sheraton brand. They are wildly inconsistent, you never know what you’re going to get. The photos on the website always look great…

In this case, I got way more than I imagined, especially at the $165 rate.

I was on a business trip and needed to stay near Encinitas, so I booked a night here, and one night at the dreadful Sheraton La Jolla, 10 miles south (see my other review). Talk about night and day differences.

The Carlsbad property is perched on a hill and is resort-like with beautiful grounds, a nice pool area and a nearby golf course. The rooms are spacious and modern. I got upgraded to a 2-room suite with a patio, which was exceptional.

The lobby, bar and restaurant have an open, airy feel and you can eat and drink outside. I witnessed a particularly beautiful sunset. Bar service (at the bar) was indifferent and not especially friendly. The 20-somethings seemed more interested in talking to themselves about their social lives than engaging customers.

I was a little wary of the location when I booked this stay because of its proximity to Lego Land, an amusement park, but it was an unfounded fear. The park is low profile and is set below the hotel surrounded by trees and is barely noticeable. It’s all pretty low-key by amusement park standards.

The Carlsbad area was nice surprise. It is open, modern clean and has a great little airport. In fact, if I return to this area, I’m going to check into flying here directly.

Of course, the beach is the big attraction and besides the huge, monolithic de-salinization plant, it is very nice. The village itself is pretty congested, so park where you can and walk.

Bottom line- if you are visiting this are I would highly recommend this hotel, even if you have to drive from La Jolla, Oceanside, Encinitas, etc. This is a no-brainer for families on vacation but even if you’re on a business trip, you’ll have a vacation-like experience at regular hotel prices.

Room Tip: Fly into Carlsbad directly if you can. It's small, close by and has Hertz and Avis.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank dupedtourist
Nj
Reviewed 18 February 2014

I recently had the please ure of staying at this beautiful hotel. We were planning a trip to legoland and it's close proximity made it a perfect choice. Some if the reviews I read were very discouraging and I was worried about what we would find. This hotel was absolutely stunning!! My kids had a great time playing in the huge pool. The view on both sides was breathtaking. My room had doors that opened to a small porch with gorgeous grounds beneath. The room itself was very new, fresh and clean. The bathroom was generously sized and modern. And last but not least our beds were the most comfortable I have slept on ever. It's been two weeks latter now and I'm still dreaming about those awesome beds. We greatly enjoyed our stay snd can't wait to return. This hotel was a two minute walk from legoland which was a great plus we did nit need are car and could even come back in middle of the day to refresh and eat lunch.

• Stayed February 2014