“Sensational Spot”

Sheraton Carlsbad Resort and Spa
Ranked #18 of 37 Hotels in Carlsbad
Reviewed 13 April 2014

Great for business and pleasure. Wonderful service and quality fit out. Next door to LEGOLAND for the kids and close to outlet mall and town/beach etc. Highly recommended. If travelling by car a really central spot and not far to San Diego for sea world etc.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (1,316)

Reviewed 9 April 2014

I booked last minute while in Carlsbad on business. Booked via the Starwoods IPad app. I was expecting the run of the mill Sheraton. The hotel for sure exceeded my expectations. The guys at valet could tell that I had a long day and offered to pull my luggage out of the car for me as I checked in. I was in a handicap accessible room in a close to the lobby room 1304. Had a nice view, large room, large bathroom and a nice large bed.

Had a glass of wine at the Restaurant and received excellent service from Joey. I enjoyed breakfast in the room which was there on time and the poached eggs were excellent. The staff was excellent and I was very happy with my choice to stay here. I have been on the road for the past five days and this was my first good night sleep.

I was afraid with it being spring break and being so close to Lego land it would not be a good business hotel but I was completely wrong. This is a great place for families and business people. I highly recommend it. I will for sure stay here next time I am in Carlsbad.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 April 2014 via mobile

Spent 4 nights here in March for a conference. Nice rooms with well appointed finishes, courteous staff, and a pretty good bar! Great pool area, but could use more servers to look after the guests outside. Parking is a bit of a pain if you don't plan on using the valet service. Nice meeting rooms and conference facility

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 April 2014 via mobile

Saturday night and the hotel has blocked off all the parking close to the hotel. Dozens of empty spots nearest the hotel that actual paying hotel guests are not allowed to use. A small armada of cars circling around looking for spots.

Parked 10 minutes from room. Manager happened to be at front desk and when I complained, he offered to upgrade me to valet, a generous $6 value. Fantastic. 20 minutes looking for spot, 10 minute hike to my room. Now he offers to let me hike back to my car and drive it back so it can be valeted. Rather than thoughtfully digesting and addressing the issue, he tried to buy me off (cheaply, at that).

It's actually a nice place, but being treated shabbily leaves a very bad taste. Would not stay here again.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank SoCalifornian
Reviewed 31 March 2014

We arrived Saturday evening and stayed one night with our family. The room was very nice. We ate in the restaurant for dinner and the staff was very accommodating for our large group that included several young grandchildren. My favorite thing about this hotel is that they hire mature staff. They were very caring and made sure that we got everything we needed. On Sunday our family went to Legoland through the back gate. I don't recommend that you buy the tickets at the hotel. It doesn't save you any time because you still have to wait for the people ahead to buy their tickets. The gate will grant you special offers such as a AAA discount. We plan to stay at this hotel again.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 March 2014

I travelled to Lego Land with my toddler and chose this hotel because of its proximity to Lego Land and the pool area.

Location: Fantastic location. Less than 5 minute walk to Legoland. Unfortunately, there were no restaurants within walking distance.

Rooms: Rooms were great with very comfortable beds. Big plus that our room had a mini fridge for drinks and snacks.

Pool area: Pool water was cold so we spent most of our time in the hot tub, which was a good temperature for hanging out.

Staff: The front desk staff was friendly. However, the bell staff was not helpful at all. Upon arrival, the airport shuttle dropped us off at the front door. I had hand luggage, a car seat and my toddler. Not one of the three bell staff offered to help me even though they were all standing at the desk with nothing to do. On my way home, the airport shuttle came to pick me up and the bell hop would not let the driver pick me up from the front. They were very busy that evening but it was completely unreasonable not to allow us to load for 5 minutes. Also, don't depend on the courtesy shuttle. It is sparsely available.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Cecilia C
Reviewed 26 March 2014

The Sheraton is situate with its own entrance to Lego Land a plus for those families making the trip to Lego Land, there is also a golf course next door so lots to do at the Sheraton. A short drive will get you to an outlet mall so no one can complain. The hotel pool and fitness facilities are excellent. The hotel guest have a garage to keep their car out of the sun. The room we had had a view toward the ocean and was superior, clean and well equipped. We enjoyed dinner in the dining room and found it hard to leave the hotel.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family