“Great location for Legoland visit”

Sheraton Carlsbad Resort and Spa
Ranked #17 of 36 Hotels in Carlsbad
Reviewed 17 April 2014

Large clean room. 3 min walk across the parking lot was a separate entrance to Legoland. Ordered room service, the food was good however they forgot 2 of my items and I had to wait another 10 mins to get those.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Sheraton Carlsbad Resort and Spa

Reviewed 14 April 2014

I stayed here due to the Legoland access. One of the worst experiences ever. The access point is in a construction zone and very disorganized. Waited nearly 1 hour in a single line for people with or without tickets. If you have tickets you wait until all folks in front of you go through all their ticket options and select one. They also have Sheraton people in the line trying to sell you time shares. I tried to talk to someone at the hotel management and they told me it is a legoland problem. It is their problem as far as I am concerned since they advertise easy access to Legoland. The operator said she would pass me to the hotel manager but put me on hold for 10 min. Very disappointing.

• Stayed: April 2014
2  Thank JMan135
Reviewed 13 April 2014

Great for business and pleasure. Wonderful service and quality fit out. Next door to LEGOLAND for the kids and close to outlet mall and town/beach etc. Highly recommended. If travelling by car a really central spot and not far to San Diego for sea world etc.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 April 2014

I booked last minute while in Carlsbad on business. Booked via the Starwoods IPad app. I was expecting the run of the mill Sheraton. The hotel for sure exceeded my expectations. The guys at valet could tell that I had a long day and offered to pull my luggage out of the car for me as I checked in. I was in a handicap accessible room in a close to the lobby room 1304. Had a nice view, large room, large bathroom and a nice large bed.

Had a glass of wine at the Restaurant and received excellent service from Joey. I enjoyed breakfast in the room which was there on time and the poached eggs were excellent. The staff was excellent and I was very happy with my choice to stay here. I have been on the road for the past five days and this was my first good night sleep.

I was afraid with it being spring break and being so close to Lego land it would not be a good business hotel but I was completely wrong. This is a great place for families and business people. I highly recommend it. I will for sure stay here next time I am in Carlsbad.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 April 2014 via mobile

Spent 4 nights here in March for a conference. Nice rooms with well appointed finishes, courteous staff, and a pretty good bar! Great pool area, but could use more servers to look after the guests outside. Parking is a bit of a pain if you don't plan on using the valet service. Nice meeting rooms and conference facility

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 April 2014 via mobile

Saturday night and the hotel has blocked off all the parking close to the hotel. Dozens of empty spots nearest the hotel that actual paying hotel guests are not allowed to use. A small armada of cars circling around looking for spots.

Parked 10 minutes from room. Manager happened to be at front desk and when I complained, he offered to upgrade me to valet, a generous $6 value. Fantastic. 20 minutes looking for spot, 10 minute hike to my room. Now he offers to let me hike back to my car and drive it back so it can be valeted. Rather than thoughtfully digesting and addressing the issue, he tried to buy me off (cheaply, at that).

It's actually a nice place, but being treated shabbily leaves a very bad taste. Would not stay here again.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank SoCalifornian
Reviewed 31 March 2014

We arrived Saturday evening and stayed one night with our family. The room was very nice. We ate in the restaurant for dinner and the staff was very accommodating for our large group that included several young grandchildren. My favorite thing about this hotel is that they hire mature staff. They were very caring and made sure that we got everything we needed. On Sunday our family went to Legoland through the back gate. I don't recommend that you buy the tickets at the hotel. It doesn't save you any time because you still have to wait for the people ahead to buy their tickets. The gate will grant you special offers such as a AAA discount. We plan to stay at this hotel again.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Travellers also viewed these Carlsbad hotels
Hilton Garden Inn Carlsbad Beach
HYATT house San Diego/Carlsbad
Beach Terrace Inn
Beach Terrace Inn
#3 of 36 in Carlsbad

Been to Sheraton Carlsbad Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Sheraton Carlsbad Resort and Spa

Address: 5480 Grand Pacific Dr, Carlsbad, CA 92008-4723
Region: United States > California > Carlsbad
Bar / Lounge Beach Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Children Activities (Kid / Family Friendly) Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Room Service Shuttle Bus service Spa Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
#5 Business Hotel in Carlsbad
#5 Spa Hotel in Carlsbad
#9 On the Beach Hotel in Carlsbad
#10 Romantic Hotel in Carlsbad
#13 Family Hotel in Carlsbad
Price Range: £139 - £284 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:4 star — Sheraton Carlsbad Resort and Spa 4*
Situated close to the California coastline between Los Angeles and San Diego adjacent to Legoland California, providing a refreshing retreat in a charming coastal community with restaurants and shopping galore. Onsite we have over 30,000 sq ft of event space for weddings, corporate events and meetings. The perfect location for everything! ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Sheraton Carlsbad Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Sheraton Carlsbad Hotel Carlsbad