“Friendly staff and nice accommodations, easy parking and access to San Diego.”

Sheraton Carlsbad Resort and Spa
Ranked #18 of 37 Hotels in Carlsbad
Reviewed 18 May 2014

Although far from ocean, still a slight view but property well maintained and easy access to freeway. Was a comfortable stay. Staff accommodating and friendly. If looking for a place to stay in Carlsbad, this is it.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Like8s
mlconner, Manager at Sheraton Carlsbad Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 26 May 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review the Sheraton Carlsbad. We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed stay and that our staff took great car of you. We are 2 miles from the beach, with amazing sunsets all year round. We offer complementary shuttles to and from the beach. Let us take of that for you.
Warm Regards,
Hotel Manger

Write a ReviewReviews (1,316)

Reviewed 11 May 2014 via mobile

My company is based in Carlsbad so I stay here a lot! This property Is like no other Sheraton, it's way nicer! The staff are so friendly and always make you feel very comfortable. The rooms are big and no matter which way you face they are great. They really take great care of guests. I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Erikad1228

Thank you for the 5 STAR REVIEW!! We are delighted that we can be your home away from home. If there is anything we can do to make your stay more enjoyable or if you have preferences on your room location. Let us know next time you are here and we can be sure to add that to your future stays with us. We look forward to a lasting partnership.

Warm Regards,
Hotel Manager.

Reviewed 9 May 2014 via mobile

Our family has stayed here a couple times now and we love this place. It is very clean, well maintained, great location close to Carlsbad Outlets and next door to Legoland. The rooms are a little larger, to us anyways, compared to other hotels. The rooms feature a refrigerator which is nice with a young one in our family. The grounds are nice. Room service food has been great too. We will be back again.

• Stayed: April 2014
2  Thank nicknlinds

WE LOVE THAT YOU LOVE THIS PLACE!!!!! Thank you for your continued support of our hotel. We look forward to inviting the family back again soon. We just started our Summer Movies by the pool, every Friday and Saturday night from Memorial to Labor Day. We hope that you get to take advantage of all the fun this summer.
Cheers,

Reviewed 4 May 2014 via mobile

Celebrated son's birthday here. Enjoyed the amenities at the resort. Poolside food and drinks! Heated pool 24 hours! So convenient to legoland (Walking Distance)! Great Customer Service, friendly staff, easy access to self parking, beautiful grounds and amenities! Will recommend to family and friend's!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Happy Birthday! I have to stay that is one awesome way to spend your Birthday. I hope that we can become your birthday tradition and help to create the last memories.

All the Best,

Reviewed 3 May 2014

Stayed April 25-27 with two other couples and their kids along with my kids. The hotel grounds, rooms, and staff were great. Very attentive. Heated swimming pool was perfect since it was windy around 20 mph and it was cooler outside but the pool and jacuzzi were great. Jacuzzi was oversized so multiple families and guests could enjoy it without being overrun by too many kids, like ours. The morning buffet was perfect before heading to Legoland. Only thing I would warn people about is that, this is really the Sheraton Legoland and not just a resort and spa, so people need to realize that lots of kids will be there. After saying that, I didn't see kids running around wild since the parents staying at this place, have a better handle on herding their gang. I would advise that for romantic dinners in the hotel restaurant, that you sit in their outside eating area where they have fire pits and heated lamps. The entire restaurant's view is fantastic. there are plenty of lounge spaces around the hotel in case you want some privacy or you have a gang of friends that want a separate outside lounge area in the front of the hotel.

As for the restaurant's food - it was very good and priced reasonably for a hotel. Even though we had kids, many of us ordered from the bar, and I have to give the highest praise to Joey, the bartender for making us amazing drinks. This is the primary reason why i'm posting in the first place is because of him. I ordinarily do not make postings on a bar or bartender because i expect good service and properly prepared drinks, but he went over the top and making them perfect and with all the ridiculous demands we had. If you like Old Fashioneds, then he's the guy to make them. They also have a specialty drink called the Brown Maple Bourbon, which we had reservations about, but eventually ordered, and couldn't stop ordering. Sounds weird when you hear the description, but Knob Creek with a caramelized bacon strip put into it. They caramelized it using Brown sugar, and put a tad of Maple syrup in the drink and wow, absolutely delicious. I asked for double bacon strips and he'll know who we were. So Kudos to Joey, and definitely ask him to make the drink. We visited him two nights straight.

Room Tip: Nice views are those facing forward in the first building, Bldg 1.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Thanks for taking the time to write about the hotel. What a great way to spend your vacation but with family and friends at the Sheraton Carlsbad. Joey is definitely a top notch bartender; I will pass along your wonderful comments to him and the team. Have a great summer!
Hotel Manager.

Reviewed 1 May 2014

My stay at the Sheraton Carlsbad was for business, but the location is also close to Legoland and other North San Diego County attractions. I'm tempted to give the rating of "very good", and if I had the choice I would designate 3.5 stars, but am rating as average to not over-rate this hotel.

The rooms are generously sized, and the bathrooms are nicely appointed. However, each time I've stayed the rooms have been not as clean or in good condition as the initial impression. There have been bugs in the room and the halls, loose outlets, and terrible lighting. The beds are comfortable and the sheets and towels are clean, but overall room condition could use attention.

The property is relatively quiet, pool is quite lovely, and warm even on a colder day. There also is a large jacuzzi and workout room. Additionally, the restaurant and bar are very nice. Finally, the staff is always very nice and helpful.

The meeting rooms are also very nice, and the food is some of the best hotel meeting food I've ever had.

There is road construction outside the resort in 2014, so there may be noise in the morning.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay. I am sorry to hear about the conditions of your stay. We pride ourselves as leaders in the industry and are rated one of the top Sheraton’s for our cleanliness and conditions form the guest that have stayed with us. If you would have a free moment to contact me, I would love to have the opportunity to dive deeper into your concerns and be sure that we are able to address them appropriately. I can be reach at Mcnner@sheratoncarlsbad.com or 760-827-2437.

Reviewed 28 April 2014 via mobile

We again spent 4 1/2 days setting up and holding class in the conference center at the Sheraton Carlsbad. The banquet center staff could not have been better. Nick and Jason stopped by every day to see how things were going, Claudia made sure our room was well stocked with snacks and kept clean. Everyone was great as usual. The front desk staff would scan and email items I needed to finish my day. Everyone there is very accommodating and I appreciate them all! The rooms are also fabulous. The beds at the Sheraton are the most comfortable of any hotel I've stayed in. We'll be back in the fall for another event! Can't wait.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

The best part about having a conference at the Sheraton Carlsbad is that you are at the Sheraton Carlsbad. With Nick as the leader the Banquet team is a step above. Our Guest Service team is always ready to delight. The beds are so amazing I bought one for my home. You can buy them on line through Sheraton@home. We look forward to the program in the fall.
All the Best,