Sheraton Carlsbad Resort and Spa
US$382
US$343
  • Restaurant
Ocean Palms Beach Resort(Carlsbad)(Great Value!)
US$299
US$361
US$337
US$265
Groupon.com
  • Pool
Hilton Garden Inn Carlsbad Beach(Carlsbad)(Great Value!)
US$194
US$182
  • Pool
Best Western Plus Beach View Lodge(Carlsbad)(Great Value!)
US$344
US$298
BestWestern.com
US$223
US$193
  • Pool
Carlsbad Inn Beach Resort(Carlsbad)(Great Value!)
US$270
US$252
  • Pool
Grand Pacific Palisades Resort and Hotel(Carlsbad)(Great Value!)
US$178
US$153
  • Pool
Omni La Costa Resort & Spa(Carlsbad)
US$380
US$359
1,343 results
All reviewsprivate entrance to legolandself parking feehotel restaurantlego landvisiting legolandprivate accesslarge poolping pongunderground parkingnice propertypool sideearly checkocean viewhotel guestsoutlet mallgreat poolshort drive
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Stayed here a single night, June 29. As SPG members we’ve stayed at numerous Sheraton properties and we’ve never been disappointed. We chose this property because of its proximity to the Crossings at Carlsbad golf course where my wife enjoys their Sunday brunch offerings.

We actually arrived around 10am and tried to check-in. Naturally, nothing was available at that time. So they took our information and credit card and said they’d call us when our room was ready. During our brunch at the golf course, the phone rang at about 12 noon advising us our room was ready.

We arrived back around 1pm, picked up our keys and went to our room. Typical Sheraton. Very comfortable beds, well appointed room. Large bathroom. Small balcony with chairs that gave us a view of the ocean.

Yes, Legoland is across the street, so there are more children here than normal. The grounds are very nice. Took an early evening stroll to their restaurant, Twenty/20 Grill. Enjoyed some drinks and appetizers during happy hour. Also noticed they had a $10 kids buffet, so that when you come back from the park, the kids don’t have to sit and wait for food. We don’t have kids, but plenty of nieces and nephews and we thought that was a great idea.

The pool area has a ping pong table, foosball and an outdoor pool table for all to enjoy.

We would definitely return to this property if we find ourselves in the area again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
mlconner, Manager at Sheraton Carlsbad Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2014

Thank you so much for your review! I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us look forward to welcoming you and your family back in the future. If you are bringing your niece and nephews we also offer daily youth activities and Dive In movies on the weekends during the summer months.

Reviewed 28 June 2014

We wanted to stay outside of San Diego and chose this Sheraton resort, hoping it would be relaxing and low-key. We were so pleased when driving up to this resort as the grounds are very attractive and the hotel is on a hill with a view of the ocean in the distance. We stopped in early to see if perhaps our room might be ready, and thankfully it was. We chose the underground parking for $12 a day instead of valeting. The underground parking is somewhat hard to find and its location is not clearly marked, but once we found it, it was just fine and close to elevators. Our room was perfect for us and had a nice view garden view. The room had everything we needed: wonderful bed, thick, fluffy towels, large flat-screen TV, area for laptop, comfortable chairs and good lighting. And, it was clean. I would have liked better lighting in the bathroom for applying make-up, but not a huge deal. The Starbucks coffee available in the room was also appreciated. We walked around the resort, noticing the huge pool area that was very inviting and the many lounge chairs and various sitting areas. We visited the fitness room and it is great - very clean, well equipped and it had herbal-scented wash cloths in a little refrigerator to cool off after working out. - nice touch. We didn't get an opportunity to check out their Twenty/20 restaurant, but it looked interesting. This hotel is practically next door to Legoland, so it seems like a good choice if you are going there. We would definitely stay here again when visiting near Carlsbad.

Room Tip: It looked as though there were rooms with more expansive views with the ocean in the distance, but I actually enjoyed our garden view very much.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tempe1Traveler

Thank you so much for your review! I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us. I’m sorry the lighting in the bathroom was not up to expectations. We are actually going to be scheduling a project to address just that in the future. Next time you stay with us you will have to check out Twenty-20 the views and sangria alone are fantastic and we have special events weekly such as Tapas Nights on Thursday and live music on Saturdays that are always a treat.

Reviewed 28 June 2014

Here is my compliant letter to the the managment
June 28th, 2014

Dear Sheraton Carlsbad management,

I am a Starwood Preferred Guest Member and have been a loyal customer of your hotel chain and have always appreciated the excellent customer service your chain offers. Yet a recent unpleasant experience with your hotel has shaken my belief in your ability to provide top notch customer care all the time.

I had a reservation for June 26, for a one night accommodation at your hotel. I had chose your hotel specifically because of it's private entrance into LEGOLAND. I was traveling with my spouse and my two young children. After a long drive and late night we were excited to finally arrive and get some sleep. We arrived at 11pm to your hotel and upon check in we were told that there was no room available for us, and that the hotel has been overbooked. The night manager had explained to us that the mix up had happened because we had booked through a third party. Your hotel had made complimentary accommodations for us at the West Inn & Suites and we would receive a full refund for the room booked with you. I explained to the hotel night night manager that this was unacceptable and that clearly the West Inn & Suites is not comparable to the Sheraton , also that the West Inn & Suites did not have a private entrance to LEGOLAND. She apologized again and claimed that this was all she was capable of doing. Having no choice we left and drove to the West Inn & Suites, only to find out that the room they were holding for us had a king bed , and I clearly needed accommodations for 4. Unfortunately the West Inn & Suites had no other rooms that could accommodate 4 guests at the time. The West Inn and Suites now had to make calls to all the surrounding hotels in the area to find a room that could accommodate us. We finally received a room at the Carlsbad by the sea resort, when we arrived at the Carlsbad by the sea resort it was obvious that, although the staff was very nice, the hotel was not nearly as nice as yours. I cannot begin to tell you how very disappointed this whole experience has been. Do to all of the chaos we did not get into the room until 12:30 at night which was completely catastrophic for my two children that were completely exhausted and upset.

I am writing to encourage you to improve your customer service as I don't want this experience to ruin my positive impressions about your hotel. If this is the kind of service that loyal customers receive, I can only imagine how worse is can get in the case of others, I just hope that these problems will be solved, because clearly according to your night manager this happens frequently.

Sincerely ,

Jennifer

7  Thank jen5360
mlconner, General Manager at Sheraton Carlsbad Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2014

It was a pleasure speaking with you Jennifer and we look forward to welcoming you back to the resort in the near future. As we discussed, the situation you encountered was not ideal, to say the least, and certainly not a regular practice at our resort. We had circumstances out of our control and had to make very tough decisions and for that I am sorry. I am certain you will find your return stay with us exceptional and be able to see what the Sheraton Carlsbad Resort & Spa can and does offer; outstanding customer service, relaxing, comfortable and spacious guest rooms and fantastic amenities.
-Chris Draper

Reviewed 27 June 2014

This really is a beautiful resort. Great pools. Nice staff. Close to Legoland and Carlsbad. I would like to give it four stars, but my guests had a stressful experience. Long story short, they checked out a day after us and accidentally left a valuable item in their room. Within a half hour of leaving they discovered the error and immediately called the hotel. As they made their way back to the Sheraton, the hotel called and said nothing was found. My guests were very upset. After four hours the valuable was found in the laundry chute. Was it an accident? Did someone steal it and have second thoughts? We will never know. I know my guests were relieved and the staff looked multiple times to find it, but there were some missteps in communicating with my guests during their four hour ordeal. After it was said and done, the manager did give my guests a free night with no restrictions so that was very nice. It had a good ending but I know my guests didn't like how some things were handled. As I read other reviews, I think there could be some training for the staff in how to deliver customer service that their guests truly find friendly and inviting. I think sometimes the staff can get too worried about being "right" and not enough about being understanding and flexible.

Room Tip: To really see the far off ocean you need an upper floor room. Balconies on bottom floors are bigger but more noisy from guests above you.
1  Thank katwave1
mlconner, Manager at Sheraton Carlsbad Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to post for Sheraton Carlsbad Resort & Spa. It was a pleasure speaking with your guests and I am happy we were able to get the valuables back to them and look forward to their return stay. Yes, it did take some time to locate as we exhausted all our possible options of where it could possibly be located in the resort, ultimately finding it in the laundry. We do have a beautiful resort and we pride ourselves on maintaining not only the aesthetics but our high customer service standards. I am sorry we did not meet your service expectations and we will use this situation and feedback for coaching opportunities.

Reviewed 23 June 2014

I had family here and they stayed at this hotel due to it being close to my home. I usually recommend this hotel or 2 competing resorts in the area for my business clients that come in as well.

This will be the LAST time I suggest this place.

Check in time is at 4pm and we called at 3 to see if we could check in early. I was given the standard "check in time is 4pm, but we could go in and pre-register". Upon asking questions what that means, it basically means that we can check in, but won't get a room # and would have to check in again to get a room # and leave credit card for charges. So its not really a pre-register.

I asked if the room is available right now, and if so, I will be there in 5 minutes and check in. They were not allowed to release that information until 4pm. (so much for accommodating guests).

After 4pm, we arrive and my aunt is handicapped and can't walk much. Upon check in, was told no luggage service available, and they had no golf carts to take guests to the rooms, which was very far. they wouldn't grant me access to drive to the building, as it is a "valet only" lot.

My aunt had to walk to her room. I also could not leave my car at the circle drive for a few minutes to help with luggage. I had to pay for the car to be valet, as it was an "active driveway". I asked if I could park on the side where other cars were parked and was presented with a rude "I told you what you need to do if you want in".

The treatment was the same every time we went to pick her up or drop her off. Absolutely ridiculous for a handicapped senior citizen to be put through this type of hurdles.

Aunt also experienced rude behavior by front desk staff when she asked questions. Also had to ask numerous times for towels as they were not in the room.

I called a few moments ago and asked for the manager to discuss the issues and was told there is no manager on site. I asked if there was a supervisor, and was given a "Sir, there are no managers here on site".

Oh, one more thing...watch out for the Coyote's on the property. Reported to them, and they could care less...

It's officials the The Inmates Are Running the Asylum!

DO NOT STAY HERE. Please check out Hyatt Aviara or La Costa Resort. I have never had an issue there, and I am a local.

6  Thank benzed1967

Thank you so much for taking the time to post for Sheraton Carlsbad Resort & Spa. It is disappointing to hear that we have not provided the level of service that not only you expect, but that we expect of ourselves. We pride ourselves on providing our guests an exceptional stay tailored to their specific needs and we clearly have fallen short for you and your aunt. I would like to speak with you in more detail regarding your stay if you would like. Please contact me, Megan Conner at 760-827-2437. In regards to the wildlife on the property, as a local, I’m sure you are all too aware of the fires that destroyed many wildlife habitats in the area. While we should have communicated this during the time of your call, we have been instructed by Animal Care and Control to not approach displaced wildlife. Rather, to let them move through, as they will, to avoid any aggressive encounters.