“Outdated, rustic, quaint”
Review of Mission Ranch

We can't find prices for this hotel
Mission Ranch
Ranked #9 of 25 Hotels in Carmel
San Mateo, California
“Outdated, rustic, quaint”
Reviewed 7 June 2011

Do not get room 28 - it's a handicapped room - smells, dark, depressing. I was given another (more expensive) room. The sliding glass door in that room did not lock until I had them fix it. It's very cute when you drive in, quiet, but I think it is very outdated and not well maintained. I won't be back. Had Internet service but my iPad couldnt pick up wifi.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank margob1034

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (131)
Fleming Island, Florida
Reviewed 23 May 2011

The allure of the Mission Ranch is its location and its rescue by Clint Eastwood. The location is both quiet and beautiful - on the south side of Carmel, isolated from the activity of the town. One can gaze onto the Pacific from any number of vantage points. Of course, the heard of sheep provide a sense of serenity. To be honest, the rooms could stand to be upgraded. For the money, the Mission Ranch is a good value for Carmel, but I expected a bit more. Our room was large, but the fixtures - beds, chairs, bath - were a bit dated. A continental breakfast is included and is served at the Tennis Club. This was OK with us and the food selection was pretty good for a B&B type of establishment. By far, the hit of this property is the piano bar. The bar is frequented by locals from Carmel. When my wife and I went for a drink, I didn't think there were any guests from the B&B in attendance. The piano bar was dominated by locals who took turns singing their favorite songs. They were a hoot and really good singers! My wife and I felt fortunate to make an evening of this entertainment during one night of our stay. Bravo to Clint to provide a venue for his friends and Carmel residents to enjoy each others great company.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank K-Man-Jax
Hertfordshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 May 2011

Good hotel in excellent surroundings.
Friendly reception on arrival.
Stayed in Bunkhouse. Reasonable accommodation. Good master room but other bedroom rather small with no clothes storage or TV.
At 3.00am awakened by loud humming noise from outside of building.

Would stay there again but not in the Bunkhouse.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Ralph1940
Georgia
Reviewed 5 May 2011

Spent three nights at Mission Ranch. Great view room, (#20 looking out over the pasture and soccer field),the room was very comfortable with a great bed, fireplace, but has a strange "sewage" smell when its been closed up for awhile. The security lock was torn off the sliding door, but it could be locked but not secured. WiFI for internet access is spotty at best. I was able to connect one time with a laptop. The grounds are beautiful and well-maintained. We were disappointed with the restaurant. Of course the view is wonderful, but our food was way over cooked, and took at least 40 minutes to get the entrees. The halibut and scallops were salty and had the texture of food left under a heat lamp too long. Dinner cost $150 without drinks, which I'm willing to pay, but we decided to eat in other restaurants for the remaining days of the trip.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank pipercam
Plano, Texas, USA
Reviewed 15 April 2011

My wife and I stayed at Mission Ranch and we thoroughly enjoyed it. The restaurant was the highlight for us...great dinners two nights in a row. We only wish we were staying longer to enjoy more great dinners. The picturesque setting of the ranch is relaxing. We will definitely visit again.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
Sao Paulo, Brazil
Reviewed 12 April 2011

The ranch is very beatiful, the restaurant has an average food but a friendly and warm environment. The complimentary breakfast is nothing special (but was complimentary as I just said).

• Stayed April 2011
1 Thank edupc
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 31 March 2011

We spent 1 night in the barn room. This very much reminded me of a cabin type accommodation that you might find in the Ozarks. The decor was very 'homespun' like someone's Grandmother decorated 40 years ago. Our cabin had 2 rooms, 1 with a queen and the other had 2 twins so it accommodated my husband, son and I. There was no internet connection in the room but one can go to the 'conference center' a few steps away. I heard they are working on wireless now. The location is breathtakingly beautiful. We arrived just in time for Sunday brunch which was quite good. The other buildings and rooms on the property may be nicer. Really could use some sprucing up.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with family