“Very sweet stay” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Mission Ranch

We can't find prices for this hotel
Mission Ranch
Ranked #6 of 25 Hotels in Carmel
“Very sweet stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 November 2005

Stayed at Mission Ranch for one night with our 2 small children. We stayed in a 'bunkhouse' room which was nothing special -- clean, comfortable and very roomy, but very outdated in style. Breakfast was good -- nice variety of pastries, cereals, yogurt. The real charm of the Mission Ranch is the setting -- Nice views over the pasture to the ocean, very quiet location, and great spot for a morning run or walk around Scenic Drive, or an easy walk to the Mission. And the grounds are lovely -- beautiful landscaping with heavenly floral aromas. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed November 2005
10 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (124)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 October 2005

I can't believe the rating someone has given this wonderful spot. I just returned from a very memorable trip and a good part of the memory is this hotel. The room was charming, the decor very homey in a good way, and the veiw was so nice. The continetal breakfast was good. I didn't see any insects or filth of any kind. I would highly recommend this venue!

• Stayed October 2005
5 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Bronx, NY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 October 2005

My husband and I stayed here during the last week of September. We had a Meadowview room (right near where the sheep are). The room was very large, clean and bright, with a king bed, fireplace and jacuzzi tub. The furnishings are a little rustic, which really adds to the charm of the place. The cleaning staff was excellent - when we got back to the room in the afternoon, it looked just like the day we checked in. The sliding glass doors opened up onto a little deck with rocking chairs and we could watch the sheep being called in the evening to go back into their little pen for sleeping. The complimentary continental breakfast was very good - fresh fruit and pastries, special blend granola and plenty of good, strong coffee. We had dinner at the restaurant one night and enjoyed the locals who come up to the piano and sing (not a bad job, either!) We would recommend this place for its natural beauty, tranquility and quiet peacefulness. (Although on the weekends, the restaurant really hops which makes for a lot of cars and people around). All in all, a pretty nice place to hang your hat for a few days!

• Stayed September 2005
13 Thank Yanks1
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2005

I visited the Ranch in November and was blown away by the tranquility and overall charm. I read some of these reviews and find it very hard to believe anyone would not enjoy their stay. My fiance and I love it so much we plan on getting married there In June 2005. In my opinion it has some of the most beautiful views I've ever seen and I have traveled quite a bit.
If you do plan on going do not expect fancy first class, but rather beautiful country style atmosphere with a local feel to it. As some of these other reveiws have said Clint does frequent the restaurant and bar because we did see him as well one of the nights we were there. We were tempted to go say high but did not want to bother him.
I highly recommend this place and will be headed back every chance I get.

• Stayed November 2005
16 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Eureka Springs, Arkansas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2005

What a treat!! We stayed at Mission Ranch on Valentine's Day this year and it was terrific. We had dinner at the restaurant there and enjoyed the piano bar. Our room was very nice, homey and the grounds were beautiful. My daughter and I brought my mom here 5 years ago to celebrate Mother's 85th birthday. The people were terrific to us. I won't name names so she won't be flooded with requests, but a wonderful lady in the reservations office knew we were celebrating with Mother and she went a long way out of her way to make our stay especially nice. Now, at 90 years old, Mother still talks about staying there and how great everyone was to us. Her only regret was that she didn't get to meet Clint, but she still talks about the staff in the office, as well as the restaurant personnel.

It was nice to see nothing had changed and our stay this year was just as wonderful. Unfortunately, Mother isn't up to traveling that far from Arkansas, but she was glad we were getting to go. Again, she asked us to give Clint a hug for her.

Watching the Academy Awards Sunday ended up very special since "Million Dollar Baby" did so well. We thought it was especially nice of Clint to mention the staff at Mission Ranch. And well deserved!!! Thanks for providing a terrific escape. We appreciate you too!

10 Thank draxie
Mansfield, Ohio
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 January 2005

I have visited this venue over a dozen times, with 4 nights stay on each occasion. I have stayed in all classes of room, and have stayed there long enough to judge. "Rustic" means that the rooms are guaranteed to have insect life. I have not visited once where there were not numerous insects of one type or another in the room. I have even seen cochroaches in their restaurant, on many occasions. I would be the "first in line" when breakfast would start, and many times the food was "cold and greasy". As someone who is retired from the hospitality industry, for a major hotel chain, I would have fired a staff that allowed his site to be as poor of quality as it is. As someone who was also a former AAA "reviewer" who would investigate properties for "Diamond" ratings, this location barely deserves 2 diamonds, and that is only due to the close proximity of a restaurant. It barely meets the 2 star rating of most rating services. Even the less strict Mobil Travel Guide ratings, it does not deserve 2 stars using their system. The view is just beautiful. The residential neighborhood that the venue is located is "quaint". I have had complaints that were ignored both by staff and management. Their drop in rates, seems to be in line with the drop in service. The first year they were opened, I passed no judgement, since this was a "new location" (even AAA and Mobil do not rate an establishment in its first year, due to "growing pains"). But for the price you pay, the facilities, and the restaurant are very much below par. Many times, I have come into my room to find the bathroom absolutely filthy (toilet paper pieces on the floor, hair in the sink and bath area, shower stalls with black scum all over, and things that are just too disgusting to mention). I have been in rooms, and have found used "birth control" on the floor. This is supposedly after housekeeping has done their job. On about half the occasions I stayed there, I had to clean my room as much as I could, as soon as I checked in. I called for housekeeping, and called the front desk many times, with no response.
I have stayed so many times because the location is convenient to what I was doing in the Carmel area. I did not want to pre-judge them by just looking at a few visits, before I made a full judgement. But my money would have been better spent at one of the locations in Monterey, and commuting back to Carmel. As a fan of Mr. Eastwood, I wanted to give him even a bigger "benefit of the doubt", but even a fan can give only so many "mulligans" for a semi-premium priced property. I have had to call the sherrif's department a few times due to noise problems with other customers in other rooms well after 10pm and well before 6am. The front desk does not respond to complaints, and it was only after they refused to help, did I pick up the phone and call the Sheriff. I have spent a total of over a month and a half at this venue (staying a minimum of 4 nights, on at least a dozen separate occasions from when they first opened, to just a few weeks ago. Never again. Mr. Eastwood is going to have to find someone else to spend their money with him. I spent in both rooms and meals there, a minimum of $2000 per stay, and it could have been better spent anywhere else in the Monterey Peninsula.

• Stayed December 2005, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
27 Thank Rev Dr John Ben... T
Atlanta, GA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 December 2004

When we first arrived I was a little disappointed that the ranch was located in a residential neighborhood. Based on pictures from the web site I was expecting a little more seclusion. The saving grace was that the ranch was on the edge of the neighborhood and it had awesome views. I was also let down by the rather plain, not quaint, accommodations. We stayed in the barn house which was rather no-frills. Having a restaurant and piano bar on site was a nice plus, however I feel that we overpaid and the next time we will probably try Marina Dunes.

• Stayed December 2004