“tickle me pink!”
Review of Tickle Pink Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Tickle Pink Inn
Ranked #1 of 25 Hotels in Carmel
Reviewed 31 May 2012

What a gem this Inn is! I am the a bit demanding when it comes to accommodations and I have to say this Inn was uniquely special. The location, room, and staff are all charming! The little extras like champagne, afternoon wine & cheese and amazing breakfasts delighted all in our party. The views were to die for and at every turn everything was just right. In a heartbeat we would go back again. Our friends who joined us mentioned they stayed in the past at The Lodge at Pebble and Inn at Spanish Bay and neither compared to the specialness of The Tickle Pink Inn. I celebrated my 50th there and it was a wonderful homebase for all of Carmel, Wine tasting, dining and amazing golf.

Room Tip: We secured a suite with fireplace and wrap-around deck right off the terrace area accessed by a priv...
5  Thank Jean R

Reviewed 26 May 2012

Stayed there for 2 nights with my parents. I live in Chicago and my parents live in San Jose, CA. We had a nice room with an excellent view. Room size, bathroom, private balcony were all fantastic. It is nice waking up to the great view in the morning. The hotel staff were courteous and accommodating. My parents told me that was one of the best trips they have ever had!! Worth the experience..

Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Fred D
Reviewed 20 May 2012

Anyone that's traveling sown the west coast and reaches Carmel, should treat themselves to this hotel. We stayed because of the name! Walk into your room, and it's just "awesome". Everything you could possibly want is there and the views - wow. Loved the early evening drinks and nibbles as the sun set. Dinner in the room from the restaurant across the road was faultless. Only wish we could have stayed longer. You know how you say, " I'll be back", but there are so many places to visit. I definitely would return.

Room Tip: Top floor, can't remember the room number, just ask for the middle section
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
6  Thank russellalexandra
Reviewed 18 May 2012

My girlfriend and I just spent 3 glorious nights at the Tickle Pink Inn and it lived up to all of the other reviews. We were in suite #35 and when we walked in, all I could say was "wow"! The pictures posted on the website just do not do the view justice. The windows in the suite offer 180 degree view of the surrondings which was simply amazing. Our room had a jacuzzi tub which we used all three nights, while drinking red wine and enjoying the view.
Everything else in the room was great as well, the fireplace, bathroom and bed.
The TPI offers a little more than just a continental breakfast as there were hot items each morning served with fresh, delicious pastries. We sat outside to eat breakfast each morning while we enjoyed the view and stayed warm under the installed heating lamps.
All I can say is, we will definitely be back and highly, highly recommend this property!

4  Thank goldenram1
Reviewed 18 May 2012

We were travelling with our 3 adult children . We stayed at the Senators Cottage and it was wonderful. The cottage is beautiful and they had everything ready for the 5 of us. White wine and glasses, beautiful robes, fireplace. Everything was firs class and service was perfect. Thank you for the wonderful time we had.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view. The Senators cottage is beautiful for 2 couples or family.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Marisol S
Reviewed 18 May 2012

The hotel has insane views (that's why you stay in the hotel, right?) - out-of-this-world views of the waves and the ocean and the cliff. You just want to hang out in the balcony and sit and look at the ocean and let time pass. Each time you wake up in the morning and open the balcony door and breathe in that air, you feel re-energized. The bathroom is beautiful - with gold ornaments. And shower head features a relaxing water pressure. The location of the hotel is great - you're near Carmel to eat and just stroll. The breakfast selection was good - just right (quiche, bacon, ham, sausage, cereal, oatmeal, tea, coffee), and eating on the terrace every morning with hot coffee and tea and reading the newspaper was heavenly. The DirectTV was awesome. You had the option of renting free DVD movies (which we didn't avail of).

Parking is small and limited, so there is a chance that you could run out of parking or find some tight parking spaces if you come in late at night.

Now, my main purpose for this trip was to relax with my wife. However, sadly, our room was the corner room near the stairs by the vending and ice machine. And since the hotel didn't have elevators, you could hear the other guests dragging around their luggage in order to check-out (EVERY MORNING, before lunch). So, you could hear the noise from their luggage wheels bouncing up and down the stairs (the headboard of the bed was set on the wall that separates the room from the stairs, so you could definitely hear the luggage wheels smacking on the floor). And you could also hear the housekeeping staff cleaning and fixing the next room. The noise bothered my wife and I. And this went on every morning. Moreover, the last two mornings, we could hear drilling from another room - I'm assuming hotel maintenance was doing some repair work (no memo or warning from the hotel that there would be repair work). We couldn't sleep in and relax because of the noise. A shame really, because the bed and pillows were good, and they had DirectTV, and open the balcony door and have the sound of the waves and the birds filter in, so you could just lie in bed and watch or sleep the whole day. But then, with the noise and drilling, how could you relax?

Room Tip: Don't get the corner room near the parking lot (near the vending and ice machine) - very noisy f...
10  Thank JW1023
Reviewed 17 May 2012

This is one of the best places that I have ever stayed and I must add that I am very picky! You can not beat the ocean views from your balcony! If you can afford it, an ocean view room is a must! I think the views are one of the things that make this place as great as it is!

1  Thank tbtravel68