“Tickle Pink Inn Experience”
Review of Tickle Pink Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Tickle Pink Inn
Ranked #1 of 25 Hotels in Carmel
Reviewed 5 November 2012

This small hotel is just above a bed-n-breakfast in size but is is over the top in experience and service. The rooms are well appointed, neat, comfortable and I could go on BUT the view is just amazing! The balcony at sunset or late night stargazing over the dark Pacific night is truly an experience! Every afternoon they have a wine and cheese "get together" on a hotel balcony with the other guests and an atmosphere that "promotes" conversation...it is just so at ease it is hard to NOT put it on your daily schedule! Great hotel for a "honeymoon destination" AND it is right near Carmel By The Sea! The service personell are just fantastic...in our short stay we turned to the several times and their response is with the best of any hotel I've stayed. I will go back!

Room Tip: I did not see all of the room but there is NOT a bad view...you may want a fireplace if the time of...

Reviewed 4 November 2012

What a beautiful location perched across the street from the Pacific with spectacular views and situated near all the attractions one would want to be close to. The amenities of the Inn were extraordinary. Everyone was friendly and helpful and the guests shared a sense of camaraderie at breakfast and at the wine and cheese evening get together. Privacy was abundant if desired. Very romantic and well appointed rooms. Really enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 October 2012

If only all accommodation was like this. Travelling would always be a pleasure. In a fantastic setting overlooking the ocean it was sheer indulgence. Beautiful room with huge balcony, brilliant, helpful staff (especially Pamela), cheese and wine on the terrace each afternoon and cookies!
Treat yourself - you won't regret it. Carmel is a wonderful town and this unique Inn is the place to stay.

Room Tip: Higher the better. We had Room 14 which was brilliant.
Reviewed 28 October 2012

Booking a room at Tickle Pink Inn has always been a dream of mine and the hubby was so wonderful to book a room for us to celebrate a special occasion. We wanted a room with the jacuzzi and fireplace but the best room we could get in short notice was an ocean view room (Rm 19) with a balcony (we only called a month in advance to reserve). The view of the water is amazing especially during the sunset which is really what you are paying for- the views! However, the room is just ok and frankly was a bit underwhelming given the rate of the room ($400 with tax). The decor and furniture of the room felt either mish mash or outdated. I understand the room is suppose to have a classic traditional look but it doesn't have to be outdated. We have stayed at other less expensive hotels where the details of the rooms were more superior compared to Tickle Pink Inn's (i.e. The Fairmont in Sonoma).The room does provide you with toiletries, robes and slippers, and a bottle of champagne upon arrival - but for me that was not enough for the price. They do have the wine and cheese reception in the afternoon which was nice and the complimentary breakfast that you can have delivered in your room. Basically, without the balcony with the ocean view, I would have been really disappointed. I would recommend getting a room with the Rm #s 30 and up(i.e. Rm #33, 34, etc.) where you have better views. I also think the rooms with a cove view are better vs. the ocean view room. The cove gives you the view of the ocean with the rocks. Also, during our stay there was construction going on right across so that bothered us a bit. Overall, if you want to stay in Carmel and are willing to splurge I would still recommend Tickle Pink Inn to celebrate those special occasions. However, I suggest looking at other places and accommodations to get what you're paying for and to experience a true 5 star romantic luxury experience.

Room Tip: I would recommend getting a room with the Rm #s 30 and up (i.e. Rm 33, 34, etc.) where you have bett...
Reviewed 25 October 2012

When I booked our two night stay the Inn was almost fully booked, so as much as we had hoped for a suite or fireplace room, we were only able to secure an Ocean View Room. It was small but cozy. We had room number 5. The view was lovely once you got past the expansive roof directly under our room - I assume the views from those rooms would be unobstructed. The wine and cheese reception each night was a nice touch. We were pleasantly surprised to return to our room the first night to find a bottle of champagne chilling on ice along with a box of truffles. The slippers provided, which you can take home, were as cozy as the robes, and I'm grateful that both pairs of slippers were different sizes - a large pair for men and a size 7 for women. Still a little large for my size 6 feet, but sooo much better than wearing the skis that most hotels offer.

We ordered room service from The Highlands Inn our first night (burgers) and dined at the Pacific's Edge at the Highlands the following night. That Inn is within a short walking distance from Tickle Pink and the service and food are outstanding.

The breakfast provided is extensive and fresh. We did not take advantage of breakfast being delivered to our room, however if we had a larger room, we certainly would have.

The only snag in our stay was the constant sound of construction being carried out near the Inn. It started at 7 a.m. and lasted all day. The sounds of digging and trucks backing up took away from the peaceful view. When they took a short break, the sound of the birds and the surf was heaven, albeit short lived. I highly recommend the Inn, but would suggest a fireplace suite if you can afford it.

1  Thank YYZ_TOGO
Reviewed 22 October 2012

In fact, my parents stayed here one weekend when I was in high school. Now, many years later, my wife wanted to celebrate a milestone birthday here. I wanted a nice room (well, they all are) with huge, expansive view and did not need a jacuzzi or even a fireplace. But to get that expanse, one must have one or the other--or both. When I chose the room with fireplace, I should have asked about noise. There is the terrace right below us where guests can take breakfast and drinks at happy hour. One night, I had to call the desk as the happy hour became more of a drinks fest. To their credit, the staff promised to look into the matter if the noise continued much longer. It didn't. Breakfast is taken either out on the deck or in the little breakfast room in which the food is set up buffet style. The only problem with this is that there is very little space inside when it rains. And it did. Of course Carmel is reknown for some fine restaurants. The only problem are the roads at night after a drink or two and happy hour. We decided therefore to order from the room service menu from the Pacific Edge (Hyatt) just a block down the road. Appetizers and desserts are on offer at the same high prices as in the Highlands Inn. But be prepared to pay an 18% service charge plus room charge and tax. With wine from the happy hour, we could amortize our bill nicely. The following day we ate lunch at Roy's at the Inn at Spanish Bay on the 17-mile drive. The $9.75 is refunded from the bill. Very good food: superb tiger prawns on noodles and stir fried vegetables; and an outstanding crab-crusted halibut on Thai black rice, also with lots of vegetables. Naturally a day at the Monterey Bay Aquarium and at Point Lobos State Park complement the lounging at the inn. A very pleasant stay. Improvements? How about a shuttle that would go into town twice or three times a day?

Room Tip: Avoid rooms near office (i.e. 27)if bothered by noise.
Reviewed 18 October 2012

We stayed at room 30 in the Tickle Pink Inn. The room was clean, spacious and had an exceptional view of the ocean and the jagged Pacific coast. The jacuzzi tub was a great addition as well as the open wood burning fireplace. We loved the view so much we spent the next hour taking pictures :)

About 45 minutes upon arrival we got a complimentary bottle of sparkling cider and a box of chocolates. My wife and I really appreciated this unexpected gesture from the inn keepers and my wife really loved the chocolates!

We were also able to order room service from the nearby Hyatt. We were very happy about this as this allowed us to stay longer in the room and just relax at our balcony until the sun sets.

The only downside to the inn is the lack of air conditioning and its location relative to the Pacific Coast Highway (CA-1). The lack of A/C made the room a little bit uncomfortable at times (although it was October it was relatively warm in Carmel when we visited) and I`m not sure how hot it could get during the summer. Our room is also a little bit close to PCH and you can hear the cars as they passed by. It`s NOT terribly loud (in fact my wife really didn`t mind it) but, in my humble opinion, it took a bit away from the overall experience.

Overall, the great view, warm friendly service and beautiful grounds definitely outweigh the two minor issues this inn had. I would definitely come back and recommend this to my family and friends.

Room Tip: Room 30 has beautiful views of the ocean and the jagged cliffs of the Pacific Coast
1  Thank MKG16