“Wow! What a place!”
Review of Tickle Pink Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Tickle Pink Inn
Ranked #1 of 25 Hotels in Carmel
Reviewed 21 January 2013

The staff at this hotel has thought of everything to make your stay not only comfortable, but relaxed and pampered. The lobby was cozy. We were greeted by a friendly staff member who clearly explained the amenities at the hotel and in our room. Our room had a private balcony with a sitting area. The room was beautifully decorated. The bathroom was large with a jacuzzi tub. The bed was comfortable with tons of soft pillows. Champagne and chocolates were waiting for us. The room was equipped with with everything needed: iPod dock, tv, refrigerator, safe, wine glasses, openers, coffee maker with coffee and teas, accessible outlets, iron and board, robes, slippers,hair dryer, and bathroom essentials. I could think of nothing else I needed that was not already in the room. We slept well hearing only a little noise from other guests. We woke up to the most incredible view of the Pacific Ocean. We opened our curtains and laid in bed watching the view. We later went to the hotel lounge area for a complimentary breakfast. The lounge area has awesome views as well. The breakfast was buffet style with a wide assortment of food, juices, coffee and tea. We spent the morning hiking around near by Point Lobos State Park where we could see the spouts of the gray whales and an occasional breeching of a whale along with beautiful scenery. In the afternoon, we went to Carmel by the Sea, which is a few miles north, and did some wine tasting. We came back to the hotel in time for a spectacular sunset. The hotel offers a wonderful, complementary wine and cheese reception, which is nicely done. There were three or four wines and several types of cheeses with crackers and bread to choose from. That evening we ate dinner at the restuarant at the Highlands Inn, next door. We checked out the next morning promising ourselves to come back again. It was truly relaxing and comfortable.

Room Tip: I believe that all the rooms have a ocean view, but ask for a top level room.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Zann O
Write a ReviewReviews (1,169)

Reviewed 14 January 2013

My husband and I stayed here in November sandwiched between a trip to San Francisco and Napa.
We spent two nights at the Tickle Pink Inn and wished it could have been longer.
The views are absolutely stunning and the overall atmosphere is cozy and serene.
The breakfast in the morning was nice, and the wine reception in the evening was exceptional.
We enjoyed the sunsets and socializing with fellow guests.
This is an absolutely beautiful place, and would highly recommend it.

Room Tip: Cove rooms give you the best of both worlds with the views.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Melissa G
Reviewed 31 December 2012

My husband and I visited the Tickle Pink Inn for five nights back in August, 2012. I'm writing in December because I haven't had a chance to write until now. My husband and I leave near the beach in South Florida, where there are many beautiful hotels and beaches, so I feel quite comfortable comparing this hotel. We have pretty high standards, generally five star hotels, and Tickle Pink Inn did not disappoint (with one exception below.) What Tickle Pink Inn provided for us was a feeling of really getting away and having a taste of luxury following the prior week in Alaska, where sometimes luxury wasn't even an option. The Alaska/Carmel vacation was a unique, two-part vacation, and I love the way it turned out. It was a great compromise for my husband and myself. I would also highly recommend Carmel as a destination in itself, and the Tickle Pink Inn made the whole stay so easy and pleasant. It was nothing like a hotel on a Florida beach, as we were up on a hill, and the area was not commercialized. Of course, it was too cold to swim in the water, but we saw plenty of seals and other animals that made the trip special in other ways.

We loved the view and the rooms at the Tickle Pink Inn, as well as the restaurant next door. The restaurant next door has a casual bar area, where you can order off a light menu, as well as a full sit-down five star dinner area with the same spectacular view as we had from our hotel rooms. Near the bar, there was lots of dancing and great music. It was a lively crowd of all ages. We wished we had some dancing shoes.

As far as the hotel rooms, it was one of the few hotels where it felt so clean that I didn't mind going barefoot in the hotel. The bedding was super fresh and changed regularly, and the bed itself was ultra-comfortable. We loved the gift of champagne and chocolates that we received at check in. Our suite had a lovely fireplace and two TV sets. We could only watch a movie that we borrowed from the front desk at the TV in the living room, however. We had a full ocean view, and it was spectacular. The location is great for visiting the nearby downtown Carmel, the local winery, as well as the beautiful parks nearby. We loved shopping in downtown Carmel. What a charming place, with so many great restaurants! On one perfectly blue sunny day, we took a drive down the Big Sur, and we took tons of fabulous photos. It's a great location for doing all of the above as long as you have a car.

The breakfast was nice, though offered few things in the gluten free category. I asked the servers if they had any cereals in the back, and they were not even open to checking. Later, in the check-in area, I asked the manager if they could get some Rice Crispies or other cereal for the breakfast, and he told me to go to a grocery store nearby. That response was a bit disconcerting for a hotel of this caliber, and really that was my only complaint about the experience.

The afternoon/evening wine and cheese was really nice.

Overall, we are left with very fond memories of Tickle Pink Inn, and we felt it was a very good value. I will recommend it to my friends and family as a top choice for visiting Carmel.

Room Tip: Try to get one of the rooms in the center with an amazing ocean view all the way around.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
7  Thank Details-R_Impt
Reviewed 30 December 2012

First time stay last August for four nights prior to traveling to Napa. Tickle Pink exceeded expectations. Great value for the money compared to other alternatives. Ocean views were breathtaking! We enjoyed the wine tastings and complementary breakfasts. Great jumping off spot for Big Sur excursions and plenty of good hiking options close by. We enjoyed discovering Carmel and Pacific Grove and the the many fine restaurant choices in the area. We plan to return next year but will book in advance to insure getting the preferred suites with the better views. For golfers visiting Carmel to play Pebble Beach, Spanish Bay, Shpyglass etc, you might want to try Pacific Grove Golf Course for a fine test of golf at a much more reasonable price. Thanks to all for the great reviews that helped us find this Carmel treasure. We recommend the Tickle Pink Inn highly.

Room Tip: Ask for suggestions from the reservation desk prior to booking. They are very helpful.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank rjgchase
Reviewed 30 December 2012

We stayed here for our 25th wedding anniversary and had a wonderful time. The inn is warm and inviting, the room was large with a fireplace and a stunning view of the ocean and crashing waves. The wine reception was good with different cheeses and good wine, the breakfast was delivered to our room at no extra charge, so we ate both mornings in our room with a fire in the fireplace and the ocean view. Delightful.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DSMcNamara
Reviewed 19 December 2012

Have stayed at the Tickle Pink more times than I can remember. A great value for the money. Always awesome. Can only truly be experienced in a suite. Caution: Stay away from the Pacific Edge restaurant next door at the Highlands. Better to take $300.00 and throw it in the ocean. Casanova's downtown Carmel is the best romantic restaurant in the Carmel area. Picnic at Point Lobos is a must. Other than that, grab the one you love, your favorite beverage, build a fire and enjoy the view.

Room Tip: Have stayed in suites at every level and the best room by far given view, ease of access is...
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
6  Thank daroberts_ent
Reviewed 13 December 2012

Stayed here for my anniversary and it was great. We had an ocean view fireplace room. It was gorgeous and the fireplace was great. The room was a little musty because it's a wood fireplace, but it wasn't a big deal to us. The bathroom had candles on hand, and each room has a journal of all previous guests to that room. It's really neat to read the previous comments, and to add your own. Oh, and the cookies upon arrival and champagne in our room after dinner were a great bonus! My only suggestion would be to request a cove room, so you might be able to hear the ocean a little better.

Room Tip: Stay in a cove room if you can, and if beware if you have allergies as the fireplace rooms can smell...
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple