“Love this place..........”
Review of Tickle Pink Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Tickle Pink Inn
Ranked #1 of 25 Hotels in Carmel
Reviewed 15 April 2008

My girlfriend and I stayed her for two nights. We stayed in room 30 the1st night and 25 the second. I would definitely recommend 30. It has a hot tub next to your king bed in your room. It was very romantic. They really go all the way to make your stay comfortable. They even have a full selection of menus to look through, for various restaurants in town, near the front desk. Most of all, the view is amazing and you really feel like you are away from everything. One of the nicest hotels I have ever stayed at.

1  Thank scotta63
Write a ReviewReviews (1,166)

Reviewed 25 March 2008

My Husband and I drove from SF to SD and stayed over at the Tickle Pink. We booked the room called the crow’s nest. What a dream the view was wonderful, the room a Cape Code cottage. This place was a perfect get away. Any couple looking for the quite beauty of the cost nestled in the hills will fall in love. FYI ignore your GPS and go an extra .5 mile down Highway 1, to avoid being lost in the hills.

2  Thank glenhest
Reviewed 20 March 2008

We just returned from our first stay at the Tickle Pink and it's safe to say the inn lives up to it's name in every way, it's spectacular! We planned a 2 night stay there which we stretched out to 4 nights because the inn and Carmel / Monterey / Big Sur area are so wonderful! We had 3 rooms during our stay (our original room was booked the following nights and it's so wonderful there that we were more than happy to switch rooms the last 2 nights). We had the pleasure of staying in 2 of their ocean view rooms and 1 night in one of the suites. Wow. The views on all the rooms are absolutely outstanding.

The staff at the inn are equally amazing, giving great advice, recommendations and making reservations for dinner for us.

Be sure to go to the wine / cheese reception (nightly) for some great views, wine, cheese and comradery with other guests (or enjoy it all back at your patio with that special someone. The free breakfast is great as well. There is a heated patio that you can over look the waves crashing on the rocks and drink your juice/coffee in the am. Yogurt/cereal/muffins/turnovers/oatmeal ect.. Also, they have current and classic dvds which you can check out for free. The location was great because it was far enough away but close enough to run out 5miles and get any kind of food or hit the mall for anything you left at home. Close to Aquarium, state parks for hiking, pebble beach, and amazing pizza at "Pizza my heart".

All in all, we recommend this inn highly. Our next stay will be a when, not an if and we can only hope that it will be sooner than later.

2  Thank sd_foodies
Reviewed 18 March 2008

We would recommend the Tickle Pink Inn as a romantic getaway. They've done a good job transforming what used to be a 50's highway motel into a pretty place. Yes, the exterior still looks like a typical L-shaped motel strip, but they've put thought and $$ into the interiors, with nice furniture, yards of drapery, and nice little decorative touches like large planting urns. Be aware that no matter how much you gussy up a tiny motel bathroom, it will still be small. One thing to be aware of: if you're sensitive to noise, ask for an upstairs room. The walls are bare thin, and we could hear the neighbors a little too well.
Of course, the view of the Pacific ocean is stunning! Definitely the best feature of the inn. We loved making a crackling fire in the fireplace, and sipping on wine in bed while watching the azure sea. Wonderful! The inn also provides a nice wine & cheese reception each afternoon, and a pretty good breakfast, which can be served in the room. The pastries were out of this world, though what they call the "eggs florentine" was a one-inch-square of cold egg casserole. Overall, we had a wonderful time.

5  Thank wondrousworld
Reviewed 15 March 2008

I have been wanting to stay at the Tickle Pink for a while since I've read the Trip Advisor reviews and I have to admit, it did live up to most of them. The rooms are very cozy and the beds are very soft and fluffy, probably the best sleep I had during my whole week in California! When we first got to our room we had a chilled bucket of champagne and chocolates delivered which was a nice touch. We ordered room service from the near by Hyatt which arrived very quickly (I recommend the grilled artichokes). We arrived after dark so we couldn't enjoy the views too much that night but the following morning they were spectacular, even though it was March we had a clear sunny day and it was breath taking. I spent the morning sitting on the large balcony and reading while enjoying the in room starbucks coffee. When my husband woke up we called to have our breakfast brought up so we could enjoy it on the balcony in our bath robes. The pastries were fresh and hot and wonderful! We enjoyed sitting out there for a few hours until I was ready to go to the hot tub while my husband was taking photographs of the beautiful views.

I would have rated this hotel a 'Excellent' if it wasn't for one minor issue with my stay, they are in the process of building a new walk way at the inn and beginning around 9:00 you could hear hammering and saws right outside the rooms. It sort of ruined the serenity of the atmosphere but since I had woken up at 7 to begin enjoying it, it did not ruin it completely for me. When I mentioned it to the staff while checking out, they weren't aware the construction had started so early, they had requested for the work to begin around 11 after people had checked out. They offered a discount to compensate for the inconvenience and were very friendly about making up for it.

1  Thank Explore_CFE
Reviewed 2 March 2008

My girlfriend and I just spent three nights in two different suites at the Tickle Pink. Because a jacuzzi room was not available the first night, we ended up in room 14. The view was fantastic and the room was very clean and comfortable. I was a little suprised that there was only one sink in the bathroom of both rooms. The "living room" in suite 14 has a big, stone fireplace and they permit the burning of real wood. Unfortunately, there is no fireplace in the bedroom. Our second two nights were in suite 34. It is one large room (plus the bathroom) with a large jacuzzi (not a hot tub) in the middle. The view is very nice from this room but a little lower and closer to the highway than room 14 although, with the windows closed, there is essentially no road noise. Having the fireplace in the same room as the bed was not much of a plus because the fireplace is kind of "around the corner" of a wall so not visible from the bed. They only allow the burning of duraflame logs in this room, not real wood. There is a second sink, at a wet bar, in room 34. The noise from adjoining rooms that others have complained about was hardly noticeable to us. One other drawback to this room is the many, many steps that you travel up and down from the office and parking lot. There is virtually no radio reception (and spotty cell phone reception) at the Tickle Pink so it's nice to have CDs (unless you plan to watch TV). If a jacuzzi is not important, then room 14 is the better of the two because of the superior view. We would go back to the Tickle Pink in a heartbeat. It's romantic, private, clean and the suites are spacious.

4  Thank HopetobehotMomma
Reviewed 22 February 2008

As I walked in our room I did not notice the great ocean views like I did the first time I was there, but noticed that the carpet was new and that was not all! The windows-new, the bathroom-totally new. WOW!! What a nice surprise. The views still breathtaking. We saw whales spouting this stay. The room is perfect! Our favorite place to end getaways while visiting the Monterey Peninsula!

• Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank LoveCali4nia