“Very Romantic”
Review of Tickle Pink Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Tickle Pink Inn
Ranked #1 of 25 Hotels in Carmel
Reviewed 22 October 2013

We went here to celebrate my wife's birthday. It's a neat little place. For what it is, it is very worth it. We got the Ocean View Suite with a Jacuzzi Tub and it was a nice room with a great view, but unfortunately it was cloudy so we didn't see much. They had a wine and cheese reception and none of it suited our tastes, but it was a nice touch. Breakfast was good. My wife enjoyed it so much that we'll be going again in December for our anniversary.

Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Justin L
Write a ReviewReviews (1,166)

Reviewed 20 October 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here for one night on our drive up the PCH from Santa Monica to San Fran. The view from our room was gorgeous. The inn is small and has difficult parking. The staff was very helpful in making restaurant and shopping recommendations. The room was spotless and the breakfast was delicious. The evening wine and cheese was a perfect snack to hold us over until dinner. After dinner we came back to a nice surprise of free champagne and chocolates. Our one complaint aside from the difficulty of parking is that the hot tub was only warm, not hot. Would definitely stay here again though.

• Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed 18 October 2013

Tickle Pink in was everything I expected and more. My husband and I were very impressed. The rooms are beautiful, the staff is wonderful and helpful. It is expensive, but worth it. The place is wonderful!!! And we would go back.
The only complaint I can even think of is that the parking is limited and can be tricky. But the staff does thier best to assure you are able to park in a good spot. The other complaint I have seen here on tripadvisor is the noise coming from other rooms.
Yes, at times I could hear the footsteps of the floor above us, but to be honest, its no more then I've noticed at other 4 and 5 star rated hotels. This place is on the side of a cliff afterall.

Now, on the to beauty of the rooms. We stayed in room 25 or 26 (forgive me, I forgot) anyway, It is large room a with a fireplace and private balcony. This room was a little less priced then some of the others because the ocean view is slightly obstructed by the roof of another set of rooms. I was not bothered by this at all and still was able to see whales and dolphins from our balcony. They also do a nice job with the landscaping that was in front of our room. We had so much fun watching the hummingbirds feed from the flowers planted in front of the balcony.
We had a great time during our visit to California and Tickle Pink Inn.

Reviewed 13 October 2013

Wasn't sure what to expect when my husband informed me our last couple of nights of our holiday were to be the Tickle Pink Inn. I had visions of a romantic novel property, all pink and frilly! Not so! We were impressed with the set up and although the outside of the building looked a bit tired and 60's (not in a funky retro way) the room we had was lovely. The decor and furnishings were good quality and tasteful. The bathroom was a good size and nice and clean. Champagne on arrival was a nice surprise. We really enjoyed the wine and cheese on the terrace each evening and we chatted with some lovely people. Breakfast was plentiful and delicious and set us up beautifully each morning. We had a room with a fantastic view, and as with most properties with a view I know you have to book these room specifically (and pay a bit more). It is well worth it at this property. Perfect property for couples with no children in tow. Because of the location (out of township) and siting (steep hill setting) it is not perfect for all travellers. However, I would have no hesitation recommending the Tickle Pink Inn to specific friends and family and to couples looking for something a little different. It was a good surprise and we have taken very happy memories back to Australia with us.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view when booking
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank RedDogDreamz
Reviewed 10 October 2013

My wife and I stayed here for two nights in July and we just loved it. The rooms have amazing views. And the rooms are so nice and comfortable- absolutely wonderful bedding. First class all around. The breakfasts are excellent as well. I highly recommend this as a place for couples.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank AParkhillHand
Reviewed 10 October 2013

We were celebrating our 27th wedding anniversary. We were greeted with wonderful views and champagne on arrival. Our stay went downhill after that. Never stay on a lower floor. We were awaken at 4:30 am one day and 7:00 am the next as the guests directly above us were packing to check out or just being loud. We brought this to managements attention and they said we should have called the night manager at 4:30 am. Then one of the housekeepers decided to to peek over the side wall into our room from the patio to see my wife applying sunscreen to her unclothed body. When we brought this to managements attention, they replied that the housekeepers shouldn't do that!. Finally, we checked out and left our jewelery bags in the safe. While the hotel called us and returned them to us by Fed ex overnight, we learned that our $3,000 diamond sapphire ring was not in the bag. When we brought this to managements attention and asked what they intended to do about this, they replied that they are not responsible for items left in the room. Upon my urging, they said they would check with the owner, search the room and the safe and maybe they would speak with the housekeeper. The manager said he would get back to me. He hasn't and doubt that he ever will (although this review might prompt a response). Bottom line is management did not care, never offered to comp a night or the 2 night stay due to the many inconveniences mentioned above. This is my first ever review. I am not one of those chronic complainers looking for a freebee. I'm sorry, you do not misplace a $3,000 ring, we didn't lose it, it was stolen. Management doesn't care, refuses to do anything about it and you should be made aware of this treatment before you ever consider staying an the Tickle Pink Inn.

14  Thank Disney5
Mike K, Manager at Tickle Pink Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2013

This review is very unfair…we have been making every attempt to ascertain the details/whereabouts of his reported ring, we did whatever we could to keep the inconsiderate guests near his room quiet, and it was never reported to us that one of our housekeepers inadvertently glanced over the balcony partition. We can assure everyone and this guest that all of these issues will be resolved and dealt with appropriately. As for the reportedly missing ring, bags of jewelry were found by our housekeeping supervisor and immediately put into our property safe. After having called and questioning the contents of the found items, the guest felt assured that it was all there…whereupon we shipped them to him overnight (as he anticipated his wife might need the jewelry for an upcoming trip). We have spent the last few days questioning staff members (and awaiting the return of others that were on duty that day).When all of our due diligence is done, we can assure you that we will do whatever it takes to professionally resolve the circumstances surrounding this event (it is disconcerting, however, that he chose to use TripAdvisor in this manner). Nevertheless, we are of course very sorry and apologize to this guest that this regrettable incident even occurred. In the meantime, we suggest that he a file a police report so that we might receive some assistance in resolving this matter.

Reviewed 9 October 2013

This is a difficult review to write, because it was our own fault that we did not read certain things before booking here.

PROS:
View is fantastic from the Inn
Senator's cottage has a nice large terrace outside it
Price is good
Everyone was friendly and helpful

CONS:
No Air Conditioning. This is an issue for us, even when it cools at night. It was too hot during the day and not cool enough at night not to have AC.
Senator's cottage is "cute" but not worth the extra $$. It is difficult to drive up to it, and it is isolated from the rest of the inn, so nothing delivered to your cottage. Queen beds only sharing one bathroom that is from the 70's or 80's. Needs updating.

No room service, only from the Hyatt next door, but if you are staying at the Senator's Cottage, they won't deliver to you...

We would have been better off at the Hyatt next door. Same view, more updated rooms, amenities, etc.

Coming from the Ventana Inn in Big Sur to this Inn was a big let down, but then again, we did not read about the lack of amenities. Not an issue for most, but for us it was.

Nice place but not for everyone.

Would we return? No. Was it terrible? No, just not for us.

1  Thank Trvlchnnl