“Transcending”
Review of Tickle Pink Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Tickle Pink Inn
Ranked #1 of 24 Hotels in Carmel
Reviewed 13 December 2013

Several months have passed since my retreat to the Tickle Pink Inn during that extended July 4th weekend; however after staying in numerous hotels since, it is this one that resonates with my heart the most. So perhaps this is why I felt somewhat compelled to save the best for last. First off, though I felt younger than the average patron, I didn't feel any less valued. The staff is very welcoming. Residing in the flat, landlocked city of Dallas for too many years, I longed to sleep beside the ocean, to savor the sounds of the waves crashing against the rocky Carmel cliffs. Each evening, I spent hours on my balcony perched above the trees, relaxing in the Adironack chair, snuggled in the complementary blanket, inhaling the crisp cool air, basking in the gentle cool breezes, all while sipping my champagne and savoring the cove view before me. Even in darkness, after the view fades into the abyss of night, your senses will be awakened, if not heightened. Once it becomes too cold, the cozy bed with all it's soft linens awaits to embrace you. No detail was overlooked: from a journal to record your thoughts, to the sound machine on the nightstand, to the robes and the slippers, to the champagne and chocolates, and to the extra blanket for immersing yourself in the arresting beauty of the view while you lie incessantly on the balcony, Indeed, I didn't have the most luxurious room at the Tickle Pink, but it seemed to enrich my spirit, nonetheless. It will enrich yours too. As much as I love to reflect, and as complacent as I am to be alone, this certainly is one place I wish I had someone special to share with. That is my only regret. I shall return.

Room Tip: Stunning Views!
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank Mark A
Krysty P, Manager at Tickle Pink Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 23 December 2013

We are pleased you had such a pleasant experience during your visit. Your review was very nice, I believe you may have heightened the awareness our natural beauty for future and past guests alike.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,171)

Reviewed 2 December 2013

Everything was exquisite from arrival to departure. Our top floor room was gorgeous with a commanding view of the cove. We were delighted to be welcomed with a bottle of champagne which we immediately enjoyed while taking in the breath-taking views. The room was nicely decorated and kudos for having a woodburning fireplace with plenty of dried wood available. The ambience was extraordinary and the staff was very friendly and professional. This was the "splurge" part of our 18 day trip but it was well worth it. Truly a romantic nirvana. We would most definitely return as the Tickle Pink was a great base from which to explore the Monterey/Carmel area. Most highly recommended for a couples' getaway!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank judrose182
Reviewed 1 December 2013 via mobile

I found this hotel from tripadvior's top romantic hotels in The United States, and, let me tell you, this hotel deserves it. Great and friendly staff, wonderful service, and excellent location will start off your experience. Once checked-in, you will be thrilled to see the view that welcomes you. My girlfriend and I stayed in the Deluxe Ocean view suite with a whirlpool. We were stunned by how big the room was, and all the amenities that came with the room. It was the perfect place to propose to my soon to be wife :) I highly recommend this hotel to couples who enjoy relaxing to one of the best views and locations.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Omeed M
Reviewed 19 November 2013

First things first, I cannot say enough good things about this place. If you're even slightly considering this hotel as an option, just book your stay already! If any of the slightly negative reviews are causing you to have doubt, ignore them, those people must be impossible to please.

I chose the Tickle Pink Inn for my boyfriend and I's one year anniversary last December on our way back from Disneyland. We would have loved to book it again this year, but we couldn't decide which city to visit until the last minute, so the rooms were all booked.

We booked the Deluxe Ocean View Suite a couple months in advance, and got room 32, if I remember correctly. It was a large, private room, with a king bed, fireplace, couch, tv, huge bathroom and shower, enormous private porch with ridiculous views, and best of all, a jacuzzi tub for two that looked right out into the ocean view.

We were the last to check in for the night, but still received a few tasty chocolate chip cookies from the lobby. We headed to the room, poured our glasses of champagne, lit a fire, slipped on our robes, and settled into pure relaxation. Before the lobby closed, we scoured the list of complimentary movies (all romantic classics of course...my favorites!) that they offer, and decided to run down and grab Adam's Rib to watch as it got later....and a few more cookies.

Breakfast the next morning was delivered to our room and consisted of eggs, potatoes, bacon, mini quiches, muffins, and I can't exactly remember what else...but it was DELICIOUS, I do remember that. We decided to eat our food out on the porch, and were accompanied by the friendly neighborhood seagull. We read the diary entries of previous guests, and made an entry of our own. That's always been one of my favorite touches at B&B's.

If all this room had going for it was the view, I would still pay what I did. But there isn't one single thing that went wrong or was even slightly off-putting. Service and amenities were outstanding, the view was more than I could ever have asked for, and my stay was the best yet.
Thank you for making anniversaries magical (:

Room Tip: Room 32 has an enormous, extremely private balcony and ridiculous views! Check out the pictures.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Katelynn S
Mike K, General Manager at Tickle Pink Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 28 November 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review. We are very happy you had such a memorable experience. We hope that you can make it back and enjoy another magical anniversary.
We will have the cookies waiting for you

Reviewed 10 November 2013

We actually got married in our room, which was on the second floor, and we had one of the nicest, largest suites. Lovely balcony and fantastic view of the cove. I can't say enough about how nice and professional and helpful the staff is. It was a lovely place to have a small wedding and be able to look out over the ocean without having to be on sand. We could have champagne in our room, I decorated it, and it was very nice.

The only issue we had, and why I only gave it four stars, is we had our wedding on September 25, when Carmel has the most amount of sunshine. Of course, I wanted a sunny day for my wedding. And the weather was indeed beautiful, but thank goodness it went down to 68 degrees on my wedding day. When we arrived on the Monday, there was a heat wave, and it was 80 degrees in Carmel. Because the suite rooms are one long expanse of glass, with no central air, they become literal greenhouses. When we arrived, we had to actually get into our swimsuits and sit out on the balcony. We actually could not stay in the room. There are no overhead fans, and there's only one window opening, a sliding door on one side of the room, opposite side of the bed. To be able to sleep at night we had to have little box fans that they provided blowing on us, and it was still uncomfortable. This room is so poorly designed for sunny weather. I guess it's meant to be enjoyed when Carmel is fogged in and really cold, as it so often is. But September is not so great, although the view then is at its optimum.

They really need to do something about the air circulation in those rooms. I don't think we'd return because of this reason, although it's a beautiful, lovely hotel. If they could just put in at least one more set of sliders, I think they could at least help this problem. Why doesn't the owner consider this?

Room Tip: Watch out for the large suites when it's warm and sunny. They heat up like greenhouses!
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Happywanderer
Mike K, Manager at Tickle Pink Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2013

We are so grateful that they chose our location for their special day...and so pleased that they appreciated and enjoyed our courteous staff. We are sorry, however, about the warm weather they experienced upon their arrival. While it rarely warms up to 80 degrees in our area (and should it ever do so, it will likely occur before the summer fog, and before cooler weather in the fall), we can appreciate how this might become unbearable...given the expansive windows in some of the suites. In fact, after more than 56 years as an establishment, we are just recently getting a number of comments from guests during these warm periods. Resultantly, we have been working on a remedy for this problem...and hope to have a "fix" for it in place soon.
Again, we thank them for their positive comments about our staff and property and congratulate them on their special occasion. When the weather "improves", or when we get this appropriately addressed, our hope is that they will wish to return. We thank them for their honest assessment.

Reviewed 8 November 2013

Like many, I suppose, it was the name that got me (the name, believe it or not is not a verb but a noun-read about it!) This is the former home of a politician, and it is located on a hill right off of route 1 in Carmel Highlands. Parking is indeed limited, however we had no problem The highlights-

The room was beautiful, and every amenity you could imagine was provided. Robe, slippers, ground starbucks coffee not in a filter bag, binoculars and dvd movies to borrow at the desk, gilchrist and soames toiletries, etc., etc.

Wine and cheese hour in the afternoon-local wines coffee tea, fruit, 3 delicious cheeses (try the camanzola.....a camembert/gorgonzola hybrid). Also try the chocolate covered cherries.

Continental breakfast included.......for this, and the wine and cheese you sit out on an enclosed patio overlooking the ocean.....could it be more relaxing?

THE VIEW! It is incredible! Ocean, and the beautiful rocky Northern California coast. Be mesmerized watching the waves break. Commune with the seagulls who will land on your deck. You get the picture.

If you can't unwind here you never will.

One tip.....the rooms are of many different sizes, views, fireplace or not, etc., etc. It is worthwhile spending some time when making the reservation to be sure you will get what you want to make it special.

Oh....and each room has a diary for the guests to record something about themselves........

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 October 2013

My first impression was WOW!.....the room is so nice (room 34), very large and very nice. Truly, very nice accommodations! Now, the downside....I called and made reservations months ahead of time. My main concern was I wanted THE best view I could get. Well, when we checked in, I was saddened to see that we were not on an upper level and our view was just ok. It was great if you were standing on the deck, but once you sat down, the trees were int the way. Again, I made the reservation so early that I would have thought our request of the best view/highest level floor would have been met.
Our other complaint was with some of the amenities you paid extra for....the wine/cheese reception in the afternoon was a nice touch. However, the wine wasn't even a local CA wine! It was an italian wine that you can go to the grocery store and get for $8/bottle. I would have expected more at such a luxurious hotel!
The Breakfast was better than I could get a Fairfield Inn, but nothing out of the ordinary. It wasn't what
I expected at a hotel that charges such a premium rate/night

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple