“Great View & Excellent Service”
Review of Tickle Pink Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Tickle Pink Inn
Ranked #1 of 24 Hotels in Carmel
Reviewed 22 December 2013

My husband knows that I love the Tickle Pink Inn and he surprised me with a get away here for my birthday. From the minute you arrive you're doing a mental "ahhh" as your body starts to relax and let go. Our room was very comfortable and the bed was perfect.

If the cookies at check in don't get you or the champagne and chocolates while you're taking in the view from your room will. Not enough, enjoy the sunset while enjoying the daily complimentary wine and cheese offering. Honestly, The staff is friendly, professional and responsive to your needs. Tickle Pink is everything they advertise and more, trust me I am VERY picky.

This is a special place that delivers on all points and we highly recommend it.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Krysty P, Manager at Tickle Pink Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 23 December 2013

So glad you were able to get away for your birthday and partake in the wine and cheese reception (and the other amenities as well). It is a nice way to unwind , relax and get to know some of the other guests. Here is to many more happy birthdays!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,171)

Reviewed 18 December 2013

We recently did the PCH and stopped at this hotel. In making reservations, the staff was exceptionally friendly. We were put in room 34 which overlooks the bay just south of Carmel. There is a large balcony and the view is gorgeous. Also, the room is long with picture windows to take advantage of the view. However, the room is like a Hilton. There is a heavy old time steel entry door. It is one large room. There is a fireplace with a firelog instead of real wood. The living area is pleasantly decorated but the couch is uncomfortable and cheaply covered. There is a flat screen tv and an ipod docking station. The front desk has some dvd's. There is a small desk and small closet. The bed and pillows were comfortable. For some reason they put a jacuzzi in the middle of the room. The bathroom glass shower was nicely done. Apparantly the room is taken by many honeymooners- it is definitely Pocono kitschy if that is your thing. The hotel is partially under construction. There was a small room for a minor continental buffet breakfast but the items were definitely store bought. You can walk next door to the Hyatt for restaurant meals and the hotels are so close to one another it is no big deal. If upscale is your thing, I would not stay here. If you love views and don't mind kitsch, it is okay.

Room Tip: It is only worth staying here if you have a nice view of the bay
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank cbreezedad
Mike K, Manager at Tickle Pink Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 20 December 2013

While we are happy that this guest enjoyed many aspects of our property, such as the views and our friendly staff, we are saddened that some were not to their liking. The rooms were recently renovated and appointed by a local designer and most of our guests seem to like the style and enjoy the accouterments provided in them. The breakfast items are in fact baked on-site, except for the specialty bread loaves that are delivered from a local bakery. We are hopeful that this guest might consider staying with us again, and perhaps choose a different type of room that is more to their liking.

Reviewed 17 December 2013

What a wonderful find in the Carmel Highlands, just south of Carmel-by-the-Sea and overlooking the sea near Point Lobos. The staff could not have been more welcoming, and they had Cava and chocolates in our room upon arrival. We enjoyed wine and cheese at sunset with other guests. Breakfast was ample. Our room was spacious, well-appointed, and clean. I would have given the sleep quality a five rating, but we could hear a bit of noise from Highway 1, certainly nothing to worry about. Truly loved the views and the sunsets. Will return.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 December 2013

Several months have passed since my retreat to the Tickle Pink Inn during that extended July 4th weekend; however after staying in numerous hotels since, it is this one that resonates with my heart the most. So perhaps this is why I felt somewhat compelled to save the best for last. First off, though I felt younger than the average patron, I didn't feel any less valued. The staff is very welcoming. Residing in the flat, landlocked city of Dallas for too many years, I longed to sleep beside the ocean, to savor the sounds of the waves crashing against the rocky Carmel cliffs. Each evening, I spent hours on my balcony perched above the trees, relaxing in the Adironack chair, snuggled in the complementary blanket, inhaling the crisp cool air, basking in the gentle cool breezes, all while sipping my champagne and savoring the cove view before me. Even in darkness, after the view fades into the abyss of night, your senses will be awakened, if not heightened. Once it becomes too cold, the cozy bed with all it's soft linens awaits to embrace you. No detail was overlooked: from a journal to record your thoughts, to the sound machine on the nightstand, to the robes and the slippers, to the champagne and chocolates, and to the extra blanket for immersing yourself in the arresting beauty of the view while you lie incessantly on the balcony, Indeed, I didn't have the most luxurious room at the Tickle Pink, but it seemed to enrich my spirit, nonetheless. It will enrich yours too. As much as I love to reflect, and as complacent as I am to be alone, this certainly is one place I wish I had someone special to share with. That is my only regret. I shall return.

Room Tip: Stunning Views!
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank Mark A

We are pleased you had such a pleasant experience during your visit. Your review was very nice, I believe you may have heightened the awareness our natural beauty for future and past guests alike.

Reviewed 2 December 2013

Everything was exquisite from arrival to departure. Our top floor room was gorgeous with a commanding view of the cove. We were delighted to be welcomed with a bottle of champagne which we immediately enjoyed while taking in the breath-taking views. The room was nicely decorated and kudos for having a woodburning fireplace with plenty of dried wood available. The ambience was extraordinary and the staff was very friendly and professional. This was the "splurge" part of our 18 day trip but it was well worth it. Truly a romantic nirvana. We would most definitely return as the Tickle Pink was a great base from which to explore the Monterey/Carmel area. Most highly recommended for a couples' getaway!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank judrose182
Reviewed 1 December 2013 via mobile

I found this hotel from tripadvior's top romantic hotels in The United States, and, let me tell you, this hotel deserves it. Great and friendly staff, wonderful service, and excellent location will start off your experience. Once checked-in, you will be thrilled to see the view that welcomes you. My girlfriend and I stayed in the Deluxe Ocean view suite with a whirlpool. We were stunned by how big the room was, and all the amenities that came with the room. It was the perfect place to propose to my soon to be wife :) I highly recommend this hotel to couples who enjoy relaxing to one of the best views and locations.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Omeed M
Reviewed 19 November 2013

First things first, I cannot say enough good things about this place. If you're even slightly considering this hotel as an option, just book your stay already! If any of the slightly negative reviews are causing you to have doubt, ignore them, those people must be impossible to please.

I chose the Tickle Pink Inn for my boyfriend and I's one year anniversary last December on our way back from Disneyland. We would have loved to book it again this year, but we couldn't decide which city to visit until the last minute, so the rooms were all booked.

We booked the Deluxe Ocean View Suite a couple months in advance, and got room 32, if I remember correctly. It was a large, private room, with a king bed, fireplace, couch, tv, huge bathroom and shower, enormous private porch with ridiculous views, and best of all, a jacuzzi tub for two that looked right out into the ocean view.

We were the last to check in for the night, but still received a few tasty chocolate chip cookies from the lobby. We headed to the room, poured our glasses of champagne, lit a fire, slipped on our robes, and settled into pure relaxation. Before the lobby closed, we scoured the list of complimentary movies (all romantic classics of course...my favorites!) that they offer, and decided to run down and grab Adam's Rib to watch as it got later....and a few more cookies.

Breakfast the next morning was delivered to our room and consisted of eggs, potatoes, bacon, mini quiches, muffins, and I can't exactly remember what else...but it was DELICIOUS, I do remember that. We decided to eat our food out on the porch, and were accompanied by the friendly neighborhood seagull. We read the diary entries of previous guests, and made an entry of our own. That's always been one of my favorite touches at B&B's.

If all this room had going for it was the view, I would still pay what I did. But there isn't one single thing that went wrong or was even slightly off-putting. Service and amenities were outstanding, the view was more than I could ever have asked for, and my stay was the best yet.
Thank you for making anniversaries magical (:

Room Tip: Room 32 has an enormous, extremely private balcony and ridiculous views! Check out the pictures.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Katelynn S
Mike K, General Manager at Tickle Pink Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 28 November 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review. We are very happy you had such a memorable experience. We hope that you can make it back and enjoy another magical anniversary.
We will have the cookies waiting for you