“Relaxing, Romantic, and Beautiful!”
Review of Tickle Pink Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Tickle Pink Inn
Ranked #1 of 25 Hotels in Carmel
San Jose, California
“Relaxing, Romantic, and Beautiful!”
Reviewed 16 January 2014

I don't even know where to start with this place. It's a slice of heaven! My fiancé and I stayed for two nights in a Ocean front suite/hot tub room. We were in room 34. I requested a upstairs room, but they were all taken, but trust me if you get "stuck" with a lower room....it's still breathtaking!

The noise level for a lower room isn't bad. Yes, we heard the people upstairs, but only in our bathroom (and you can shut the door to the bathroom which decreased the sound even more) and only when they put their hot tub on. It was more of a "humming" sound....it wasn't ridiculously annoying or anything. I'm guessing we got lucky with the people above us? Because we didn't hear them at all....just the hot tub when they used it.

Breakfast was extremely nice and I enjoyed every bit of it!

I REALLY enjoyed the complementary wine, cheese, fruit, and crackers. The view was GORGEOUS! It was so nice to sit and enjoy wine and food while viewing the beautiful sunset.

Tickle Pink does have room service, but it's limited. They have a snack menu and an extensive wine list. My fiancé and I didn't want to drive anywhere for dinner, so on both nights, we ordered dinner from the Hyatt-- that was bought to us in our room --the Hyatt is literally next door, so service was quick. There is a Hyatt dinner menu in each room. The food was delicious. Room service for both places ends at 10pm.

This place really pays attention to the little details. I was bummed out because I had forgotten candles (to put by the hot tub), but to my surprise, there were some in the room that we could use. I thought that was a nice touch. The showers are nice and big and they even have a phone by the toilet.

The TV is not in a fixed place...which we really liked. You can swivel the TV to the living room area if you wanted to watch something on the couch) ,towards the bed, or even watch a movie/show while relaxing in the hot tub.

The view was PHENOMENAL from the balcony (and everywhere else in and around the Inn) and service was GREAT ---they really try to accommodate your every need and want.

For some, the price for this particular room could be an issue, but obviously they have other rooms that are cheaper. It was actually an issue for me, so that is why I waited until they had their WINTER rates (20% off a room) and we went on a weekDAY. It was considerably cheaper and worth it! The weather was extremely nice for the month of January and it was pretty warm.

I highly recommend this place.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank S E
Krysty P, Manager at Tickle Pink Inn, responded to this review, 20 January 2014
We are pleased you appreciated all the little details and were able to take advantage of our "Winter" rates. It is hard to believe it is winter with the spectacular weather we have be having. Hope to see you again.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (339)
Aurora, Ohio
Reviewed 13 January 2014

This is my favorite hotel in the Carmel area. It is quite, well managed, and offers a true sense of unity with the Big Sur environment. The rooms are excellent, and the staff is exceptional. The room décor is very appealing. I recommend this hotel highly, make reservations well in advance.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank IAM576
Krysty P, Manager at Tickle Pink Inn, responded to this review, 15 January 2014
The enviroment and views are indeed beautiful, and are a large reason why guests come to visit us. I believe the staff plays just as important of a role, if not more so, and I am very pleased that you found them exceptional. Thank you.
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Reviewed 10 January 2014

First, the setting of this lovely inn floats above the Pacific on the hillside of Carmel Heights, just at Heaven’s private entry. The inn itself is an unpretentious yet elegantly appointed and thoroughly spotless retreat. The sound of waves breaking a hundred feet or so below mixed with the sound of wood crackling in the fireplace soothed all the demons out of our souls, and enjoying that while drifting off to sleep on sumptuous bedding allowed us to at least dream we’d arrived in heaven. All the touches, from the pleasant, friendly, professional staff who attended us, to the room appointments and bath accoutrements, to the champagne, chocolates and firewood delivered to us, to the excellent continental breakfast and afternoon wine and cheese soiree, all of it lived up to our hopes for a sweet and romantic holiday. We certainly thank everyone at Tickle Pink Inn, and we’ll certainly be back!

Room Tip: Any room with an ocean view, balcony, and fireplace is superb.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Krysty P, Manager at Tickle Pink Inn, responded to this review, 14 January 2014
It sounds like you were able to enjoy all that the Inn has to offer. I am very glad it lived up to all of your expectations. Thank you for the wonderful review and we look forward to seeing you again.
Bogota, Colombia
Reviewed 7 January 2014

We booked the Tickle Pink Inn for 1 night before Christmas for 2 families. The location is breathtaking, a wonderful view over the ocean! We had the cheese and wine reception on the terrace and sipped our wine enjoying the excepcional view. Sitting on the terrace is very romantic with great scenery. The rooms were cozy and with a chimnea. One night was just not enough to enjoy the hotel and surrounding to the fullest! The next morning we ordered a breakfast in the suite we had booked and it was delivered without extra cost at the time we wanted it, fresh fruits, pastry, hot chocolate and coffee etc., it was more than enough!
The suite was just amazing in space and cozyness, big bathroom, big fluffy beds and a nice chimnea with a great view.

Room Tip: Ask for one of the suites, it's definitely worth it considering the extra space and the great vi...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank SusanneVIE
Krysty P, Manager at Tickle Pink Inn, responded to this review, 10 January 2014
There is definitely plenty to see in the area. We are glad you chose to spend part of your family vacation with us. Hope to see you again!
Stirling, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 January 2014

We travelled from Scotland to California for my wifes 50th birthday. We did not have a good start as the airline lost my bag ending up in a trip to the airport to collect the following day this upset our plans to arrive in Carmel and take our time to look at hotels to stay ..... along the way we also got lost and did not arrive until 10pm. We ended up phoning Tickle Pink which was our first choice and George saved the day booking us into a sea view room (no 2). He was pleasant and courteous and arranged for a bottle of sparkling wine and chocolates to be delivered to the room we had missed dinner however we ordered room service which was excellent. In the morning my wife opened her cards and we had the most wonderful breakfast you have to experience it for yourself words cannot describe we have stayed at 5 star hotels all over the world but this breakfast beats them all. Thank you everyone at Tickle Pink for a wonderful experience and to George for your assistance and thoughtfulness thankfully the trip improved from this point and we had a wonderful time in California .... why did we leave it so long.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Rod2015
Krysty P, Manager at Tickle Pink Inn, responded to this review, 4 January 2014
After what sounds like a hectic start to your vacation, I am glad we were able to accommodate you. I hope you were relaxed and rejuvenated after your stay so you could continue on your journey. Happy Birthday!
Singapore
Reviewed 2 January 2014

Having driven from LA to Tickle Pink Inn, we arrived just before sunset. We were pleasantly surprised when the reception staff gave us a warm welcome and invited our group of 7 to watch the sunset with champagne.

We booked 3 units, and 2 of which was interconnecting rooms. (Suite #14 interconnected with Room #12) . All the rooms are very beautifully furnished, and a balcony facing the Pacific Ocean. Simply awesome.

This Inn does not have a restaurant within their premises, but they have turn it to become an advantage for them. 1st, we were informed that we can dine at the next hotel, or drive to Carmel, or we can order for delivery to our rooms. We had pastas and pizzas delivered, where the reception made the delivery order for us. Breakfast was served in our suite, and we had a heartening and sumptuous breakfast. It also gave a bottle of champagne and a bottle of sparkling juice for this children as complementary.

I would recommend the suite as it has a big hall for great conversation and enjoyment of the ambience!

Though the rate in Tickle Pink Inn is much higher as compare to those hotels in Carmel, it is very value for money. The scenery from the room/ balcony, to the ambience of the room, and the great breakfast, and last but not the least, the superb service from the staff rendered gave us a wonderful experience and beautiful moments as well.

Simply Awesome, Simple the Best!

Room Tip: Get a Suite with interconnecting room if you have children with you.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Krysty P, Manager at Tickle Pink Inn, responded to this review, 3 January 2014
It is difficult to get away with the family sometimes. We are glad you found us and were able to enjoy the Inn and the surrounding area together.
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed 1 January 2014

This Inn was recommended to me by someone who stayed here on their honeymoon close to 40 years ago. I checked it out online and determined that the next time we traveled through California I would put it on our itinerary. This is our first stay in Carmel and we can see that there are many attractive accommodation choices, but we are very pleased with our selection. We arrived after dark on our first night. The next morning we awoke to a magnificent view. I should point out that we are staying in their least expensive room. The room is very well appointed. We have stayed in top hotels the world over and this definitely stands among them. I don't know why anyone would stay in a chain hotel when there are lovely personable Inns like this available. Their extended continental breakfast is phenomenal. We were also here for their wine and cheese tasting yesterday. We do not drink alcohol, so we were pleased to see that sparkling cranberry and apple juice was available. The room where this and breakfast are served is comfortably and beautifully decorated. There was a fire in the fireplace. This is heaven! After breakfast yesterday morning I asked the front desk if they could help with a dinner reservation. They were very happy to do this. We planned to spend most of the day out and about. Several hours later my husband's mobile phone rang. It was the person from the Inn calling to tell us that they had made the reservation and giving us the name of the restaurant. What makes this so remarkable to us is that they had to call an overseas mobile number. The bed in our room is better than what we have at home. The room has good lighting, a flat screen TV, a refrigerator, a desk, two comfortable chairs, and a large balcony with low reclining wood chairs. The closet is big and there are lots of hangers. The bathroom is up-to-date and clean.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Krysty P, Manager at Tickle Pink Inn, responded to this review, 3 January 2014
We are glad you enjoyed your stay and were able to partake in, and enjoy, all the extra amenities that we offer. The sparkling cider is one of my favorites.