We stayed here for 2 nights as a weekend getaway. We had an ocean view balcony room (no fireplace) on the top floor. The views of the ocean were spectacular and the most memorable part of our stay.
The room was on the small side (for the price) but was very clean and stocked with all the amenities. The welcome bottle of champagne and chocolates were a very nice touch, and we enjoyed the breakfast and afternoon wine/cheese reception on the outdoor terrace. Overall, the service was very good and the staff were friendly and responsive.
A couple of drawbacks:
1. The balcony furniture was worn and could use some updating.
2. Because of the fireplaces, there is the inevitable smoky smell when you sit out on the balcony.
3. There is road noise from highway 1, which is below the inn, but only when out on the balcony --- no road noise can be heard in the room.
Despite the minor drawbacks, we really enjoyed our stay and look forward to future visits.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A Carmel oceanfront hotel dramatically situated above the rocky coastline that stands at the gateway to world-famous Big Sur. Let yourself be pampered with every amenity…from cozy European bedding and private decks with sweeping views to homemade breakfast pastries and an evening wine & cheese reception with soothing classical music. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Tickle Pink Carmel
- Tickle Pink Bed Breakfast