“Beautiful Views”
Review of Tickle Pink Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Tickle Pink Inn
Ranked #1 of 25 Hotels in Carmel
Reviewed 13 April 2009

We stayed here for 2 nights as a weekend getaway. We had an ocean view balcony room (no fireplace) on the top floor. The views of the ocean were spectacular and the most memorable part of our stay.

The room was on the small side (for the price) but was very clean and stocked with all the amenities. The welcome bottle of champagne and chocolates were a very nice touch, and we enjoyed the breakfast and afternoon wine/cheese reception on the outdoor terrace. Overall, the service was very good and the staff were friendly and responsive.

A couple of drawbacks:
1. The balcony furniture was worn and could use some updating.
2. Because of the fireplaces, there is the inevitable smoky smell when you sit out on the balcony.
3. There is road noise from highway 1, which is below the inn, but only when out on the balcony --- no road noise can be heard in the room.

Despite the minor drawbacks, we really enjoyed our stay and look forward to future visits.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank travel_blurbs

Reviewed 8 April 2009

My husband and I just returned from our trip to California. The tickle Pink Inn was one of 4 stops during our 10 day vacation and one of the most memorable stays. Our room was beautiful, clean, big, nice fireplace and to top it all off we had the best view of the ocean. Our patio was huge. The staff at the hotel brought us a complementary bottle of champaign on ice along with chocolates. We opened the champaign and spent most of the night on the patio just listening and looking at the waves crashing in from the ocean. We ordered room service from the Hyatt next door and the food was execellent. We will be back to this hotel next year but not only for one night. One night just wasn't long enough. What a beautiful place, you must see it.

Reviewed 3 April 2009

My wife and I stayed at the Tickle Pink Inn a few months before our wedding as a way to relax from all the planning. The room was fantastic with a great bed, nice amenities and an incredible view of the coast. We enjoyed the wine and cheese as well as breakfast.

Really, the main reason to come here is because of the incredible views that you can get. We had the partial ocean view and were able to lie in bed and watch the waves crashing on the coast...amazing.

• Stayed: May 2007, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ficusyou
Reviewed 29 March 2009

My wife and I stayed in room #31 for our honeymoon. The place did not disappoint. I would highly recommend Tickle Pink.

1  Thank TMarkham
Reviewed 27 March 2009

I walked in to our suite, and OH - the view - it's never to leave ! So, there was a seagull on our balcony railing. I thought, how delightful to have a seagull (statue) placed so neatly on the railing - until said seagull moved its head. Methinks the locals know when the guests arrive so the feeding ritual will begin, and boy can they eat. Wine and crackers for me - crackers, grapes, cheese for them.
It was such a beautiful way to celebrate my birthday. I'm so glad I noticed and made a mental note of TPI as we traveled to Pebble Beach last year. Then - on to Google to find out more and make our reservations. Happy, Happy time ! ! !

1  Thank annielikestotravel
Reviewed 14 March 2009

Almost all of the reviews of this hotel are great and there are a few who grumble. I’m one of those who are going to give this hotel a great review. We stayed here for the first night of our travel on our honeymoon trip and it was a great way to start our trip. The check in was very easy and the desk attendant was friendly and a cut above the standard chain service.
We stayed in room 18 and the view was incredible, sure there was a road in front of the hotel, down the hill and I couldn’t hear the road noise at all. We took in the view and the ultra comfortable bed with the soft comforter. The bathroom was great lots of hot water and nice towels as well of plenty of toiletries. Again, the view was awesome!
We ordered breakfast in the morning, no additional charge! This was a great service and the food was awesome. Another nice touch was that a bottle of champagne and chocolates were delivered after we checked in. A nice personal touch.

We would definitely stay here again.

1  Thank KingHuskey
Reviewed 22 February 2009

I stayed here because of the TA reviews and we were very pleased. We were only able to get the cheapest room in the place with a "garden view", which was a much better view than implied. I suppose we didn't quite have privacy others did, but it was not as if we ever saw anybody.

The room was actually very ordinary and the breakfast and afternoon wine and cheese good but nothing spectacular. But no complaints either.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled as a couple