“Lived up to my expectations”
Review of Tickle Pink Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Tickle Pink Inn
Ranked #1 of 25 Hotels in Carmel
Suttons Bay, Michigan
“Lived up to my expectations”
Reviewed 17 October 2009

I surprised my sweetie by saving up and paying for this pricey room for a night's stay during our Northern California trip. We loved the room and everything about our stay, including the popcorn we ordered that night to add to the movie we saw late that evening. The view is phenomenal, the real fire was just like our cozy ones at home, the room was extremely comfortable, the soap and accessories were top notch......thank you also for our champagne on arrival! I'd love to do it again!

• Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (339)
Columbus, OH
Reviewed 12 October 2009

Beautiful Inn with beautiful views. Very convenient to Carmel. Simply Perfect. Cant wait to go back!

• Stayed September 2007, travelled as a couple
Texas
Reviewed 8 October 2009

From the moment you check in you feel special. There were warm cookies in the lobby and the staff is helpful and courteous.

The view from the balcony is simply breathtaking.

Amenities include a wine and cheese reception in the evening, breakfast in the morning, and complimentary champagne! Everything about this inn is luxurious and restful.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple
California
Reviewed 6 October 2009

After seeing the hotel online and reading reviews I must say i was disapointed. Most people writing must be accustomed to much less. I will say it was one of the cleanest rooms I have stayed in. The furnishings were very nice and the sheets were like butter but the room was tiny for the price. The mattress could be much better. The pictures online suggest the hotel is on the cliff above the ocean but in actuality the highway is in front of it. You cant leave the door open because of the loud traffic noise below. You can hear every foot step in a room above you. The balconies are not private beause there are only half walls. All in all a nice stay if a view is all you need. I have had much better for half the price. The water is free though.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple
Tulsa
Reviewed 5 October 2009

All the previous reviews were pretty accurate. The view (room #20) was spectacular. The rooms are a bit smaller than we thought. The fireplace is a nice touch for the night time and early monring chill. We used the Duraflames, but plenty of people use wood so the smell can be overwhelming at times. Noise can be an issue, but our experience was that it was very quiet at night. One thing that I haven't seen mentioned much are the number of seagulls that are very aggressive when you sit our on your patio. The gulls are well trained and are always around during breakfast and in the evening. One morning my wife was eating pretzels IN OUR ROOM looking out at the ocean. Two of the gulls walked on our patio, up to our sliding door and began to peck on the slider with their beaks. We were both weirded out and began to look around for Alfred Hitchcock. They didn't leave until after I closed our blinds. Not sure what the Inn can do but a major reason I paid the $$$$ I did to stay at TPI, was to relax on the patio.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple
2 Thank RoloT30
West Virginia
Reviewed 3 October 2009

An excellent, small inn with an amazing location that is slightly removed from the tourist bustle associated with downtown Carmel. Expensive...but you definitely get what you pay for. A very nice room, great service and staff, and the opportunity to watch the sun set over the ocean at Carmel with a bottle of wine on your own balcony.

This was our second stay at this inn and we would quickly return on any future trips!

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple
Fort Wayne, Indiana
Reviewed 28 September 2009

This is the first hotel that I picked off of the trip advisor website, and I'm a little late posting this since my husband and I visited Tickle Pink on our honeymoon in July 2008; however, I want everyone to know that it is absolutely worth the visit!!!(We forgot about the money while we were there, and I think it was worth it for the balcony and the breathtaking view that you get- especially with all of the wonderful amenities!)...It was amazing and an experience that we will never forget! I hope we go back someday. Make sure you check out Point Lobos State Park while you are there. We planned to do that last minute, and we really enjoyed it- wonderful hikes and majestic views out over the ocean...One of our favorite experiences!

• Stayed July 2008, travelled as a couple