“Beautiful, but Noisy”
Review of Tickle Pink Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Tickle Pink Inn
Ranked #1 of 25 Hotels in Carmel
Reviewed 14 August 2010

Carmel Highlands (where Tickle Pink Inn is located) is a beautiful area, with picturesque views, landscapes, etc. The Inn does a great job of utilizing those views in their rooms, and the fixtures and rooms themselves are very nice. However, the Inn itself is very old (although, again, the rooms are updated nicely) and the walls are paper thin. Please understand that I really mean, 'paper thin'. YOU WILL HEAR EVERYTHING, including the maid service and their cart rolling up and down the sidewalk outside; or every time the unit next to you flushes their toilet; or every time a truck drives by on the road below; or every time your neighbor coughs, laughs or talks in anything more than a whisper!

After one night's stay, we called around immediately and found another hotel (the Intercontinental in Monterey). Though I prefer the town of Carmel, we couldn't dare spend another sleepless night at Tickle Pink.

4  Thank AlexnMelissa
There are newer reviews for Tickle Pink Inn

Reviewed 12 August 2010

The hotel has amazing views from everywhere and the service could not be more gracious. That said the decor is a bit tired and worn. Would go back but they should update to 2010. Beds very comfortable!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank dbeals
Reviewed 11 August 2010

We had chosen the Tickle Pink Inn to end a long and tiring trip in California.
We wanted just to take some good time, close to the sea, to read on our balcony with only the sound of the sea to disturb our quietness.

Looking at their webste and their photo gallery I thought I had found the perfect hotel with the Tickle Pink Inn, a nice hotel overlooking a rough sea, it seemed gorgeous.

Well the first disappointment came when we realized the hotel was not just overlooking the sea, but also the Pacific Coast Highway (highway 1) ... in fact the PCH is really at the foot steps of the hotel and of our balcony ... so long the sound of the waves ...

I thought I had found the solution with my recently bought noise cancelling Bose headset.
And indeed it helped with the noise of the highway ... but not with the smoke coming from the chimneys of the other apartments in front and below of our balcony ...and that smoke had more to see with gas than with wood unfortunately ...

So long the balcony ...
Inside our room was nice. A motel type of room, with no real entrance (we entered through the balcony) but the bathroom was large and great ... the problem came when our neighbours started their television and got worse when in the middle of the night they had to use their own large and spatious bathrooms ... and even worsein the morning with their showers, a shower being much longer ...

I really wished i could have come with a positive review because the management of this hotel is doing all they can to embellish the premises and bring services to their clients. But unfortunately the hotel is old (and the plumbing seems even older) and the PCH had the very bad idea to go right below the balconies ...

Too bad ...

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank eliacam
Reviewed 5 August 2010

My husband and I originally stayed at the Tickle Pink during our wedding weekend (married at Highlands next door) I couldn't be more impressed with the quality of the rooms, service and location. Nestled above the Carmel coast, this resort offers panoramic views of the roaring, deep-blue Pacific. Each room is carefully appointed; exceptionally immaculate, comfortable and with every amenity one expects from a fabulous Inn ( champagne upon arrival, soft and luxurious bedding, sunken tub with rose petals and both a morning and afternoon reception with plenty of tasty treats and delectable wines (room service for breakfast is available and complementary). The location is both secluded and near to points of interest (only 10 mins drive to Carmel-By-The-Sea). Staff has always been accommodating and friendly. We stayed for our wedding, our first anniversary and now, very soon, we will stay for our second. Yes, it is very expensive. But for the luxury, solitude and fabulousness I rate Tickle Pink 5 stars.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 July 2010

We have used tripadvisor on vacations over the last several years and have found many great places to stay that we might not otherwise have known about. In the case of the Tickle Pink Motor Inn (this is the exact wording on the credit card receipt), we were sorely disappointed. On a recent 10 day vacation through Napa, Carmel, Monterey and San Francisco, we stayed at the Tickle Pink Motor Inn for 3 nights. Location is amazing, but the rooms are very dated, the front office staff disinterested, and the service simply not up to par. Judging from the other guests (we are mid-30s and were the youngest couple by at least 20 years), this place is living on the fumes of its reputation. Anyone under the age of 40 who is familiar with upscale boutique hotels, unique bed and breakfasts, or even luxury hotel chains worldwide will find the Tickle Pink lacking. Room decor is circa 1980 and depressing. A wholescale renovation would be a decent first step to improve this property beyond a motor inn. We wish more people had written accurate reviews before we made our reservation.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple
3  Thank stethant
Kurtoff, Manager at Tickle Pink Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2010

We are disheartened and surprised to read that this guest found our rooms to be dated and depressing. We know of no other property on the Peninsula that has done more in the last 18 months to update rooms, improve services, and enhance amenities. During this time we have installed new carpets, drape assemblies, lamps, artwork, recessed lighting, chairs, couches, and curved shower rods throughout. For our in-room amenities, we have also added slippers, loofah sponges, Starbucks coffee, free local telephone calls, and free wireless Internet access. While we are deeply sorry that they did not find our rooms attractive, other guests find them charming, relaxing, and in keeping with the surroundings.

Our hope is that this guest will return and allow us another opportunity to show our updated rooms and share in our gracious hospitality and special Tickle Pink Inn experience.

Reviewed 25 July 2010

The views are what you're paying for, and they are breathtaking. We only stayed one night after driving all the way from Sonoma all day. We had hoped to hang out longer, but really had to get ready for dinner next door at Pacific's Edge at the Hyatt. It was nice. Don't miss the wine and cheese reception right after check-in at 4:30.

Reviewed 20 July 2010

All I want to know is how much the Panoramic Room with the jacuzzi costs. I emailed asking for a price, but all they told me was that it was a holiday and that I would need to book 3 nights.....Okay, fine. I emailed them again asking about the next weekend, and they tell me that if I want to book a Saturday night I would have to book 2 nights....

REALLY??! All I want to know is how much one night would cost! That's it! I am just trying to celebrate a 10 year anniversary. And furthermore, I find it disconcerting that they force you to book more than one night at their hotel. Judging by the prices stated by the people on Trip Advisor, it's super expensive! There are so many other hotels in the area with a nice view that is CHEAPER that will let you book only one night.

Sorry, Tickle Pink. I would've given you a better rating if you at least gave me the chance. (I'm trying to be nonsubjective with the individual hotel ratings, so I based those ratings on my research.)

5  Thank gdf84

We apologize for not appropriately responding to this reviewer’s email requests. We have reached out to the reviewer with a personal apology and hope that we can somehow make up for the inconvenience that this has caused.

As is typical in the area, and for our type of lodging, we require a two night minimum stay on weekends (and three for holidays and special events). While it is difficult for us at this time of year to find and/or offer a one night stay, we are occasionally able to accommodate this request when a specific date is provided.

And so, along with our apology, we ask that this guest contact our Manager and provide us with another opportunity to stay at our special place for their special Anniversary.