This place could possibly be a 4, I was marginal on the 3.
Fact is, this place is quaint. it's nice, it's just nothing special. It has the Carmel quirky layout, which is a nice touch.
Here are some things to consider:
- when we got to the room (Knotty Pine) it was REALLY hot. The room has limited opening windows, and on the other hand, has a pretty big window pointing west so am assuming that warmed up the room real nice. It slowly got cooler as we opened all the windows, turned on the fan that was in the closet, and evening came... For starters, the windows/ door could have been kept open before we arrived, or the fan turned on.
- if you're interested in TV (we weren't) - it's one of those big old tube tvs, and the room is built in a way that you'd have to turn the tv to face the bed every time you wanted to watch.
- the room does have a mini refrigerator, which is nice if you needed one.
- the mattress is so-so. the pillows a bit under so-so.
- The breakfast is ok. a few options, including some home cooked casserole and that motel/ hotel make-it-yourself waffle maker you now see everywhere.
- the gardens are nice.
- staff is very cheerful and nice.
- good location, short walk to Ocean Ave. and the beach.
A major point to consider is price - there are B&Bs in Carmel you need to pay a fortune for a night in. This one does NOT break the bank. And, overall, even though I guess it sounds like we didn't like the place, we did have a really nice time, just nothing too fancy.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in a garden setting, Carmel Green Lantern Inn offers a convenient central location: 177 steps from famous Carmel beach, 1 block to historic Carmel by the Sea downtown featuring boutique shops, a variety of restaurants and one-of-a-kind art galleries and less than 1 mile to Pebble Beach and 17-Mile drive. Nearby attractions include Monterey Bay Aquarium, historic Carmel Mission, Cannery Row, Fisherman's Wharf and Big Sur. Stay at this Inn includes complimentary expanded breakfast, free Wi-Fi, free guest parking and freshly baked cookies daily. The daily breakfast includes waffles, casseroles, yogurt parfait, fresh fruits and gourmet coffee. Guests can enjoy breakfast in the fireside dining room or outdoors with a view of the lush gardens surrounding the property. Individually decorated rooms include cable TV, refrigerator, private bathrooms, complimentary internet access and free local calls. Select rooms feature fireplaces and small private decks where you can relax, listen to sound of the waves and views of the ocean. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your Carmel Green Lantern Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Green Lantern Inn b&b
- Green Lantern Hotel Carmel