This hotel was built just after the turn of the century on what I believe to be THE best location anywhere in the U.S. Hyatt bought the Highlands Inn maybe 10 or so years ago and branded it, so there are some changes (I stayed when it was the Highlands Inn) but there has been a successful effort to retain the amazing charm of this great hotel.
I highly recommend renting either an ocean view one bedroom suite or a two bedroom townhome with ocean view so that you can enjoy a small (lovely, newly remodeled, granite, stainless steel type) kitchenette as well as a huge jacuzzi tub that offers view of the Pacific Ocean while soaking :)
Endless firewood sits your door; days of hiking Point Lobos and exploring the coast can end with a glass of wine on your own ocean view deck and a fire waiting to be lit (completely ready for you by your housekeeper) as soon as the post sunset chill beckons you inside.
Room service is wonderful with full fine dining options you can enjoy in your suite by the fire...The hotel dining restaurant is special occasion worthy with some of the best views imaginable. The bar is great with imaginative cocktails and there is no need to dress up if you prefer to spend your day outside and also enjoy cocktails and snacks in the large bar lounge.
Housekeeping goes above and beyond to take great care of guests. Everyone is helpful for whatever you desire; bicycles await for free for those who wish to explore on bikes; and the fitness center is state of the art and very very clean.
I have a special place in my heart for this hotel and will always visit at least twice a year. Sometimes I stay a week but even a weekend can restore even the most tired individual.
This hotel is special because of its location but it's an excellent hotel because of the staff who work hard to ensure that all guests enjoy everything Carmel has to offer.
Honeymooners, anniversary couples will especially enjoy the romantic suites in this very very special location.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Indulge yourself. Hyatt Carmel Highlands is a picturesque retreat overlooking the Big Sur coast with epic views of the Pacific Ocean, and a stunning natural environment made even more special by our impeccable staff. Our Carmel by-the-Sea hotel is an oceanfront retreat that seamlessly blends the amenities of a large hotel with the refined charm of a boutique hideaway. Dine at the award-winning California Market at Pacific's Edge restaurant. After a morning of yoga, take a dip in our heated outdoor pool or unwind with a relaxing spa experience. If it's outdoor activity you crave, we offer mountain bike rentals and maps for hikes, jogs and bike rides around the stunning Carmel area. Let the Les Clefs d'Or Concierge arrange a day trip to explore Big Sur or a round at legendary Pebble Beach. Host an intimate sunset wedding ceremony or intimate reception on our redwood deck. Feel inspired by the breathtaking vistas that surround our Carmel hotel. Your experience is limited only by your imagination. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Hyatt Carmel Highlands reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Carmel Highlands Hotel Carmel
- Highlands Hotel Hyatt Carmel
- Carmel Highland Inn
- Carmel Hyatt