“hard to find, but worth it”

Carmel Coffee House
Ranked #5 of 11 Coffee & Tea in Carmel
Reviewed 28 November 2013

First, don't confuse this with the Carmel Coffee and Cocoa House. We started there, but got a weird mall vibe... kind of a move you in move you out thing going on. Went to the I and asked for good local coffee house suggestions and got this one (and another). When I asked if that was the above mentioned, I got a very quick NO. It was a bit hard to find, but once there, had great outdoor seating. You have to go into one of those "alleys" in the middle of the block. We tried the first alley/courtyard and found a place called Belle... it was the next alley where we found this!

Coffee was great! Wife had a decaf French Roast, which was excellent except had a lot of grounds in it. I had one of the ugliest cappacinos I've ever seen (foam just flung on), but the coffee was excellent. Side of pecan blueberry coffee cake heated up was perfect.

I strongly recommend the (minor) effort to find this place, but I think they need to teach the baristas how to make a real cap.

Reviewed 22 November 2013 via mobile

Nice little place, with good coffee compare to regular american filter coffee.

Also try there cakes - a slice is more than enough to share for two, but delicious :-)

Reviewed 7 November 2013

While visiting friends in Carmel, my husband and I stopped in to grab some sweets and coffee. Cozy place that was wonderful to sit down and enjoy our coffee, but the best part was the gingerbread man. We bought one originally for a friend, but decided to try one for ourselves... it was wonderful! Friendly staff and wonderful service as well!

Reviewed 14 September 2013

We stumbled on this place down an alleyway and decided to try the coffee. It was a good decision, great coffee, friendly staff and well worth a visit if you are in Carmel..

Reviewed 12 September 2013

My husband and I came here almost every morning during our week in Carmel. They have a nice peaceful courtyard to relax in and enjoy your coffee. We also tried the blueberry pecan coffee cake and it was yummy! The portion was very large, so we shared it, but I wished I had ordered my own. Great place to start the day.