“order the grilled mahi mahi tacos”
Review of Island Tacos

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Island Tacos
Ranked #95 of 161 Restaurants in Carmel
Cuisines: Mexican
california
“order the grilled mahi mahi tacos”
Reviewed 2 January 2012

A friend told me about this place. He said, "Just order the grilled mahi mahi tacos and you can't go wrong." And he was right.

Every time I come here, I order the grilled mahi mahi tacos, each of which consists of chunks of fish served with an aioli sauce, pico de gallo, cabbage, and lime juice on two fresh corn tortillas. And they are consistently delicious. The veggies are fresh and plentiful. The mahi mahi tastes fresh. The tortillas are fresh. The sauce is terrific.

Last time we went, which was at the end of December 2011, two tacos filled me up. My son took three tacos.

The side salsas here are nice, but the tacos don't need them. If you must have salsa, I recommend the green sauce and the mild red sauce.

Five tacos, including tax, cost $24. For a tasty, nutritious, and filling meal for two in Carmel, that's a great deal. Service is always friendly and relatively quick. Atmosphere is tropical surfer, colorful and pleasant.

• Visited December 2011