“Charming place”

Ranked #21 of 26 Carmel B&B and Inns
Ontario
“Charming place”
Reviewed 22 September 2013

We stayed here for three nights. We had a smaller room with a fireplace on the ground floor. It was quaint and lovely. The room is inviting and pleasant.
It was well kept. Not huge or luxurious but the bed was comfortable and the staff were very nice.
It is located close to the main areas of Carmel. The breakfast is very nice with muffins, coffee, tea, bagels, fruit etc. You can take a tray back to your room if you wish.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
San Diego, California
Reviewed 4 September 2013

I have stayed here several times. My mother seems to love this place, especially the fireplaces and it is a short walk to Ocean Avenue and the Carmel Plaza. However, for the price, there is much that can be improved. Let's start with the fact that they claim they are a bed and breakfast. The breakfast is continental from Costco. The muffins are seriously those huge sugar-laden bombs from Costco. We never eat it and go out to breakfast instead. Then there is the sherry and port happy hour. Really? We can't even get some cheap wine. I don't know if anybody actually drinks that stuff and there are no extra snacks or treats. Now, let's get to the rooms. The ROOMS ARE CLEAN AND COMFORTABLE, BUT the décor is quite dated or some might call shabby chic. They put in some newer flat screens a few years ago, but they still have vcrs and have free vhs rentals, so you can imagine your movie viewing choices. There is no Wi-Fi, so make sure you have good service or bring your own dvd and movie choices. The other POSITIVE I will say about this place is the customer service. They are friendly upon check-in and will give you advice about where to dine, etc. One last thing, we have stayed in the room that has 2 bedrooms, the second room has a 6 inch black and white tv. I don't think I have seen a t.v. that small since the 80's. As an adult kid, it is very disappointing, so I know that actual kids would freak out.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Humbe A
Wichita, Kansas
Reviewed 3 September 2013

Fireplace Inn was a perfect escape. It is exceptional. The rooms are quiet, the bed was one of the most comfortable I have ever slept in, Everything was very clean. The room space was perfect for two and quiet.
The location is ideal; within walking distance of shopping, restaurants and the beach.
I would highly recommend a stay here.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
San Jose, California, United States
Reviewed 16 July 2013

My boyfriend and I took a trip to Carmel and stayed at the Carmel Fireplace Inn on a Friday night. We stayed in the "Casanova" room upstairs with a distant view of the ocean. The gas fireplace was a nice touch and was easy to put on. The room was quite spacious and everything was clean and up to standard. Some of the decor and amenities seemed a bit outdated but we didn't care for them much (VCR, furniture, etc). The guest service was nice and friendly. A bit slow at check-in but the gentleman was very thorough and walked us to our room. Continental breakfast was adequate with fruits, pastries, bagels, juice, and coffee in the morning. Even though I'd prefer somewhere closer or even on the main ave, the location of the place was excellent (a few blocks from Ocean Ave). Parking was on property and can be limited but we had no problem getting a spot when we came. A small minor detail: I appreciated how garden-like and green this property looks. Overall, it was an enjoyable lodging experience for the price we paid.

Room Tip: The "Casanova" room is upstairs and features a distant view of the ocean. I didn't car...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Vinnieboy2510
Reviewed 7 July 2013 via mobile

The gardening around the inn smells absolutely wonderful. We got in late but we were still able to get into our rooms with no problems. The room was super cute with an electric fireplace and a comfy bed. The shower was a little small, even for being on the smaller side myself.

Clean, comfy, good breakfast, and only a couple blocks away from the beach!

Parking was a little tight and would possibly be complicated if the whole inn is full.

• Stayed April 2013
Santa Rosa, California
Reviewed 4 June 2013

I was tired, I needed a break. Carmel came to mind. Luckily the Fireplace Inn was having a special promotional rate that I grabbed, and I'm so glad I did.
The front desk clerk walked me to my room after checking in. As we entered, classical music was playing softly. She took time to show me how the fireplace worked (one in each room) and how to use the TV and DVD. My room was in a small courtyard with a table and several chairs. I read the local newspaper there. I love Dutch doors. It was such a lovely day that I opened the top part of the door to my room to let in the fresh air.
The Inn is a short walk from Ocean Avenue, the main part of Carmel. It's a bit of a walk to the ocean but I did it. Felt great to walk the beach. There's something magical about the stillness in Carmel.
My only complaint was the shower in my room. There was no place to put my toiletries. I had to balance them on the soap holder dish. The shower was strong and hot but having a place for toiletries would make it perfect.
The hotel has 18 rooms yet only 8 free parking places in its lot. You have to hit it just right to find a spot in the lot, although since the property is on a corner, parking can be found across the street too, which isn't so bad.
I'd return in a New York minute. I've been to a couple different inns in Carmel and I'm so glad to have made another great discovery.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
Turlock, ca
Reviewed 30 May 2013

We booked this reservation through Travel Zoo for the great price of $69.00 per night for their smallest room. Of course for Carmel this we thought was an unblievable deal. Please read below my experience with reservations. We didn't actually stay there but please read my WARNING below and I hope this helps my fellow Trip Advisor friends...Dave

Room Tip: We were scheduled to stay at the Fireplace Inn at Carmel in errly May. Due to a knee injury I called...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
5 Thank DaveTurlock_ca

Travellers are raving about these Carmel hotels