“Road Trip Surprise!!!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #4 of 26 Carmel B&B and Inns
Carmel, California
“Road Trip Surprise!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 November 2013

While traveling to San Francisco on PCH1, I started researching hotels in the Carmel area. The Colonial Terrace stood out because trip advisor gave it a 4+ rating and the price was reasonable. I looked at the photos...they looked great. We called and received great service so we booked. It exceeded my expectations. Warm, cozy rooms...Immaculate! Real coffee cups and Keurig coffee pot.
A true hidden treasure;). It really is hidden. A little tough to find in the dark!

Room Tip: Don't wait until the last minute! I usually do and it doesn't work out like this!
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
ColonialTerrace, General Manager at The Colonial Terrace, responded to this review, 12 November 2013
Dear Dana P.: Wow, is all I can say after reading your review. I am very happy that you found us and enjoyed your stay with us. I am very glad that you found the rooms to be warm, cozy and immaculate. The staff does take great pride in their work and I will pass on your comments to them. Thank you again for staying with us and we look forward to your next visit.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
Los Angeles, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2013

My husband and I stayed at the The Colonial Terrace for a weekend while attending a wedding. We weren't expecting a 5-star property, and knew we were in a town with lots of bed and breakfast-type places and small, non-corporate properties. The hotel met our expectations of being clean, tidy, comfortable and in a stunning location. The hotel is set blocks apart from the main drag where there are quaint restaurants, cute stores and tons of other inns but it's just one block from the beach, and on such a lovely quiet, tree lined street. We stayed in a courtyard queen room, and while small, the room was functional. There isn't much space beyond the bed and chair, and the bathroom is rather tiny, but very clean and totally useable. There is a fireplace in the room, though we never used it was so warm the weekend we were there. Our room faced out onto a little courtyard with a table and chairs that any guests can use. Every morning, a continental-style breakfast buffet was served in the lobby as well as coffee, tea, and cookies in the evening. Leslie at the front desk was very nice and efficient. We would definitely go back and stay here again.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
ColonialTerrace, General Manager at The Colonial Terrace, responded to this review, 25 October 2013
Dear Alisa R.:
I am very glad that the hotel met your expectations of being clean, tidy, comfortable and in a stunning location. I am also happy that you found the continental breakfast and coffee bar to be to your liking. We strive for excellence at every opportunity and I thank you for your feedback on Leslie. We look forward to having you back soon.
Lancaster, California, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 October 2013

My wife and I stayed two nights for our 17th anniversary. The first thing that stood out to us was the very quiet and peaceful setting. The Colonial Terrace is nestled in a very nice neighborhood and really close to the beach. Next thing we noticed was the extremely friendly employees that made us feel at home. When we got in our room there was a nice bottle of wine and a Hallmark card wishing us a happy anniversary. This truly was a wounderfull expieriance. The front desk called us to make sure we were happy with the room and see if we needed anything. I forgot to close my car windows and they called to let me know. The maintenance staff was very friendly and helpfull to us. We were on our way to the beach and two of the staff gave us some suggestions on the area and gave us some water to take with us. They did not need to take time out of there busy day to stop and do that. It meant a lot to us that they did. We will be returning and would recomend The Colonial Terrace to anyone. We wish we could have stayed longer, next time we will.

Room Tip: Older building so stay on the upper floors if you can. If you have a special ocasion or request mak...
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
ColonialTerrace, General Manager at The Colonial Terrace, responded to this review, 10 October 2013
Dear Michael K.: I am happy that you decided to stay with us for your 17th anniversary and am elated that you had a truly wonderful experience with us. The staff and I do enjoy providing the environment for such wonderful experiences. Thank you for your feedback on all the staff and how helpful they were to you during your visit. Once again, I am very happy that you stayed with us during your special occasion and I am glad that we were able to make your anniversary a bit more special. We look forward to you staying with us again. I also hope that you can stay longer next time as well.
Bury St Edmunds, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 September 2013

We really enjoyed our stay. Staff were very friendly and helpful, just wished we had more of a view, no complaints otherwise and would recommend the Colonial Terrace to everyone. We found the Cyprus Inn which is owned by Doris Day, we had a few drinks and a lovely meal. Thank you :)

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Dear Kim E.: I am very happy that you enjoyed your stay here at The Colonial Terrace and found the staff to be very friendly. I am also glad that you were able to enjoy exploring Carmel and found a lovely meal. Carmel has lots of great things to offer and I am glad that you enjoyed your visit to Carmel. We look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to Carmel, California.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 September 2013

The location of the hotel is great. It is just one block from the beach. The room was nice and the breakfast was very nice. The staff were helpful to our requests for places to eat. The only complaint was the room we stayed in had little ventilation when the window was open. They had nice areas in the court yard where we could enjoy our breakfast.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
ColonialTerrace, General Manager at The Colonial Terrace, responded to this review, 26 September 2013
Dear Nikki S.: Thank you for your comments on your recent stay here at The Colonial Terrace. I am very happy that you found the staff to be helpful and you enjoyed the property. I apologize for the lack of ventilation in your room. Please know in the future that we do offer fans to assist with airing out the hotel’s rooms when needed. The weather has been unseasonably warm during the afternoon and I apologize if the room was a bit stuffy. Once again thank you for your comments and we look forward to having you stay with us again next time you visit Carmel.
Bountiful, Utah, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 September 2013

We have stayed in several places in Carmel but this was our first stay at Colonial Terrace. I have to tell you we were thrilled with our stay. The location by the beach couldn't have been more perfect. Our ocean view was spectacular and it was amazing to fall asleep listening to the ocean through our open windows at night. It is a little bit of a hike to the shops but the quick drive by car was not inconvenient at all. The staff were amazing to us and the continental breakfast was very satisfying. Our room was wonderful, it was spacious and very clean. I admit the wallpaper in the bathroom was very tired looking and may be off-putting for some, replacing it and painting the walls would give it a more luxurious feel, but it didn't detract from our satisfaction at all.
The location and the helpfulness of the staff make this our number 1 choice for when we return to Carmel in the future.

Room Tip: Choose a room with a king bed and an ocean view. These are the most spacious and the view is spectac...
Dear Trish B:
Thank you for your feedback on your first stay here at The Colonial Terrace. I am thrilled that you were thrilled with your stay and that you enjoyed the hotel’s location. I am also very happy that you found the staff to be amazing and the breakfast satisfying. Thank you for your suggestion on the wallpaper in the hotel’s bathrooms. We are currently working on removing all wallpaper and replacing it with fresh paint. Once again thank you for your comments and we hope to see you next time you visit from Utah.
Vail
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 September 2013 via mobile

Colonial Terrace is a small off the beaten path inn down by the beach and a few blocks from town

The rooms are basic but all we needed as we arrived late and went out each day by 9am. Breakfast was good and the lobby is very nice. Staff was also great Would return

• Stayed September 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
ColonialTerrace, General Manager at The Colonial Terrace, responded to this review, 23 September 2013
Dear Keith O: Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay here at The Colonial Terrace. I am very glad that you enjoyed the hotel’s location and friendly staff. I am also happy that you enjoyed the breakfast we provide for all our guests. Thank you once again for your comments and we look forward to having you stay with us again.