My guy and I enjoyed our stay at the tradewinds but not until we moved 2 times and had to pay an insulting additional $27.00. I booked online a partial ocean view king room with a fireplace. Upon our arrival we were given a room with no fireplace. When I questioned this they replied that since I booked on line they didn't know what I booked. After some shifting around we were taken to another room and told that we were being upgraded for free for our inconvenience. It sounded good until we got in the room to find it was an accessible room with all the necessary features if we required them. However the room was equipped differently, no shower only a tub with a very low hand held shower head, with the tv positioned to the side of the bed rather then in front. Totally unacceptable. My guy went to the desk and was charged an addition fee to move us to the room we had already paid for in full according to the website! Their website. This really spoiled my mood. We did however enjoy a fun walk to dinner, by some great shops and down to the beach. The location is within walking distance of all the sites. The front desk asked that we post to trip advisor when we checked out. Sure they regret that request!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Embrace your true Zen with a stay at Tradewinds Carmel. Featured as one of Architectural Digest’s most glamorous hotels, one of Forbes Travel Guide’s best small hotels, and voted as one of the world’s top inns by Coastal Living, our Carmel luxury hotel combines the elegant with the relaxing, offering tranquil surroundings and views of the Pacific Ocean. Indulge yourself in fine Egyptian cotton linens and luxurious goose down feather beds, pillows, and comforters. Experience spectacular ocean views, the luxury of spa tubs, fireplaces, Japanese tansu wetbars and vanities, antique and custom designed furniture from Bali and China, silk pillows, custom lighting, fine bath amenities, CD players, wireless high-speed internet access, fresh orchids and bamboo fountains. Pet friendly and dog friendly rooms available upon request. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Ebookers, Agoda, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Tradewinds Carmel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tradewinds Carmel Hotel Carmel
- The Tradewinds Hotel Carmel
- The Tradewinds Carmel