Had a wonderful stay at the Tradewinds. Hubby and I were celebrating our anniversary and upon arrival they provided us with a lovely orchid. There were complimentary nuts, pretzels, and little grapefruit gummy candies as well. There were also 2 delicious chocolate covered strawberries (don't know if that's normal or just because it was our anniversary, but it made is feel so special! Thank you! ). They had a cooler (just like a refrigerator except didn't make noise). Which we used our entire trip! They had cookies every afternoon and a continental breakfast every morning (hard boiled eggs, pastries, cereal, bread choices, yogurt, etc. ). Everyone is so helpful and nice there. We came with reservations for dinner but opted to cancel those reservations and go with another restaurant (we didn't want to move the car. Parking can be an issue.). They gave us some wonderful ideas and we were so pleased.
The good news is it's a short walk to Ocean st. Lots of shopping and restaurants in between). Unfortunately, it is on a slight hill. Not bad though.
We stayed in room 19. It was ABSOLUTELY beautiful! Wonderful view of the ocean. Comfy bed, lovely fluffy pillows, wonderfully high thread count sheets and what I am guessing is a feather bed topper on the bed (it was so soft). Didn't use it, but there was a Jacuzzi tub (they said it was for 1 1/2 people? ). Soothing and relaxing outdoor landscaping. Beautifully maintained. I saw one of the ladies from the front office walking around the property picking up lint and bits of tiny paper accidentally dropped. Includes an outdoor fire pit. Loved it! Ended our relaxing getaway by leaving a wish at their Buddha fountain. From the moment we got there, until we left, it was nothing but relaxing and peaceful! Thank you so much for an amazing experience!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Contemporary, Mediterranean - 3 blocks from Ocean Ave. on a quiet residential street. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Agoda, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Tradewinds Carmel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tradewinds Carmel Hotel Carmel
- The Tradewinds Hotel Carmel
- The Tradewinds Carmel