“A wonderful place for cheese lovers or likers”
Review of The Cheese Shop

The Cheese Shop
Ranked #1 of 83 Shopping in Carmel
Reviewed 31 December 2013

We walked into this shop just to browse. Before we knew what was happening we were tasting and comparing cheeses. While the clerk wrapped up our purchase, I asked him some questions and he shared some good information with me about cheese. I was impressed with how helpful they were.

All reviews
"knowledge"
"strolling"
"courtyard"

Reviewed 3 December 2013 via mobile

I just copied what my hotel receptionist thinks about this place. It is indeed really dangerous, especially if you don't want to spend so much money on cheese.

We had the wine tasting option for $9.95. We got one glass of wine and cheese to pair it with. It was awesome. Kyle, the guy who helped us, was really informative and really helpful. I'm not usually a wine drinker, but that day I came home with a bottle of Pinot Noir and half a pound of cheese. Definitely worth a visit when you're in Carmel area!

Reviewed 9 October 2013

Just a great experience from start to finish. First of all the selection is simply ridiculous. Second of all the knowledge and friendliness will impress you. What a winning combination. Sample anything they offer you because it will be fantastic. Then they can help you put together a sampler of cheeses that are out of this world. Stop in, you will not be disappointed by these folks!

Reviewed 20 August 2013

Love cheese but difficult to find anything interesting in our area. This place was like an Aladdin's cave for us. Staff very informed about the cheese and samples to try. Vast selection of wine also. Try the wine and cheese tasting - good fun. I only wish this store was nearer home.

See more reviews
Reviewed 19 August 2013

I cannot have pasteurized dairy. I would ruin my day to just have a tiny bit. When we walked into the Cheese Shop I was hoping they would have 'something' I could taste for my passion for cheese runs deep- even with my Lactose challenge. We were greeted warmly and lead through numerous cheeses, all with education and personal opinion. We were greeted within minutes and led through our awesome journey of amazing tastes, history, and education by Dan- who seems more genuine and passionate about cheese than I've ever seen. He started by asking what we like, and asked about my lactose intolerance. Then he proceeded to bring on the cheese- he seemed so thrilled to share with us- when we would buy just a sliver of a slice he wrapped it as though we bought a whole pie/wheel. Dan recommended a banquette and salami (which he sliced for us) and we took our picnic back to our ocean-view porch where we savored each bite. If I am ever able to make it back to Carmel, I will not miss the Cheese Shop! Thank You!!!

1  Thank hannahbannana