“for the love of cheese”
Review of The Cheese Shop

The Cheese Shop
Ranked #1 of 80 Shopping in Carmel
Reviewed 1 June 2014

if you love cheese you need to stop here. the shop has an amazing, HUGE selection with very knowledgeable staff. the staff starts offering you samples right when you walk in and then hone in on your preferences to introduce you to new cheeses. I delightful experience. they also sell beer/wine/champagne. we purchased several cheeses, crackers, and champagne and then walked down to the beach to enjoy both (glass is allowed on the beach).

There are newer reviews for The Cheese Shop

Reviewed 6 May 2014

It's funny that this small little cheese shop can become an "event" while visiting Carmel, but you really should visit this place. The staff is knowledgeable, friendly, and they are generous with the cheese samples. They have all sorts of interesting cheeses made from cow's, goat's and sheep's milk, and ranging from firm and crumbly to creamy and soft. As others have said, it is a dangerous place because I wanted to buy EVERYTHING in there. Forget the boutiques filled with scarves, artwork, clothing or sweets and come directly here. I went twice in 2 days because I could not get enough. They also have a wine section, but it can be a little hard to find things because of the random way the inventory is stacked up. Just ask the staff, and they are happy to help you find something to pair with all of the wonderful cheese. Caution - this place will turn you into a cheese fanatic!

Reviewed 10 April 2014

A cheese mountain with sophistication
In a plaza in the sunshine investigating the joys of chocolate box Carmel and Sue tells me there is a cheese shop, well of I head, just for a look you understand!! Well 5 samples later and the knowledge of a master and we leave with “lunch” a selection of spot on local cheeses (could have been from anywhere in the world, there was no shortage of choice, but we particularly wanted to try California’s best) and a sourdough baguette. Wonderful choice, a great learning experience and I was happy to part with the cash…… what a lunch we had!

Reviewed 8 January 2014

This is a fantastic little shop if you love cheese and wine! The staff are extremely knowledgeable and friendly.

Reviewed 31 December 2013

We walked into this shop just to browse. Before we knew what was happening we were tasting and comparing cheeses. While the clerk wrapped up our purchase, I asked him some questions and he shared some good information with me about cheese. I was impressed with how helpful they were.