“Fantastic Christmas Getaway”

Ranked #4 of 25 Hotels in Carmel
Winter Park, Florida
“Fantastic Christmas Getaway”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2014

Checked in on Christmas day, great staff and property. Meticulously maintained and well laid out property. Large room for a single or a couple with an oversize bathroom and patio area overlooking the putting green.. Short drive to downtown Carmel close to shopping center with a supermarket. Staff was friendly and accommodating, the lobby and bar area were welcoming and service was attentive. Morning breakfast off of the lobby was well stocked and exceeded my expectations. Workout area and swimming pool were well kept though I did not take advantage of either on this trip. Edgars at the golf club have excellent food and cocktails; had the unforgettable Quinoa pasta macaroni and cheese.The only issues that I had was a small "pantry" near the lobby, the ash tray on my patio was not emptied (but it was during the busy holiday time) and the pro shop seemed to be eternally closed. Overall an excellently maintained and appointed property with an excellent restaurant and great service. Outstanding value, will stay again and have recommended to friends and family.

Room Tip: Any room would be a good room.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2014 via mobile

Stayed this property as part of a work conference. The property is beautifully landscaped and well-kept. The facilities are excellent. The pool area is small but nice. Unfortunately there was no sauna on property as I read online, though not on their site. The rooms seem spacious, very well-kept, and comfortable. My only real issue was my room being next to the main road. I certainly could hear traffic through the walls. I would try and avoid the rooms in the 180s.

The food provided was superb, with mostly organic products. Golf course is beautiful and well-kept, though I didn't play. Overall I would consider coming back here again.

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank svineviken
Riverside, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2014

Won a trip to Quail lodge at the Ellen show. My husband and I went for a quiet weekend without our 3 boys. We appreciated the friendly staff, clean rooms, and beautiful resort. We ate at Edgar's for dinner on our first night there. Yummy food just took a bit to long for our server to bring our food and it wasn't that crowded. The mattress on the bed was a bit lumpy, I think it was time to replace it. Happy that there was a fridge and wine glasses available in the rooms. Overall experience was great except for the mattress. FYI the deli across the road makes delicious sandwiches and the Baja cantina across the road makes crappy margaritas.

1 Thank Rachel D
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2014 via mobile

Friend had his 50th birthday weekend party at Quail Lodge. Having never been here before and not part of the planning we were SO pleased after arriving and settling in. The rooms are fantastic; large, well appointed and private. The continental breakfast is perfect and you can sit on the outside deck to enjoy. Our group had a blast playing the 9 hole putting course. Grounds are stunning with views of golf course.
I just can't say enough positives; staff also super helpful. We will be back!

Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Leslie R
Anaheim, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2014 via mobile

Having stayed in Carmel and Pebble Beach many times, this resort was very nice. Our first time in Carmel Valley. The hotel was recently renovated. We had a large room with a gas fire place with a view of the golf course. Very comfortable room and bed. Large bathroom. Hotel is dog friendly. Hotel is only 2 floors and spread out which is nice. Staff is friendly. We took advantage of their 50th anniversary special rate which was awesome. It's only a 10 minute drive to downtown Carmel. Some disappointing parts of our stay: no room service. You can order from Edgar's and drive to the golf course and pick up food. Food was excellent though! No elevator. If you are traveling with family, it's tiring dragging all of the luggage. Although the rooms and bathrooms were large, the shower water pressure was horrible! It takes forever to take a shower there. I'm all for a green planet, but low water pressure at a high end resort is not good. It was pretty warm and our AC was only blowing warm air so it was a bit warm at night, especially with the fire. I never brought it up to management. We had a great view, and the fireplace is great at night. You are walking distance to a little shopping center that has a deli/grocery, Mexican restaurant and breakfast place if you don't want to eat at the hotel. All in all, a great place. I wouldn't pay the regular rate though. I would give it 3.9 stars out of 5. Staff was very accommodating because I wanted to play golf on their course, it was closed and the staff made reservations down the road at Carmel Valley Ranch for a discounted rate. I would come back if the shower and AC is fixed.

Stayed March 2014
3 Thank petethegreek
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2014

My Wife and I returned to celebrate our 41st anniversary. We spent 2 days in mar 1973 for our honeymoon ( it was a wonderful gift from friends, to a couple who were originally staying our honeymoon in our apartment) WE LOVED OUR STAY IN 73 IN ONE OF THEIR HEXAGON ROOMS ( GONE NOW)
WE HAVE GREAT MEMORIES OF THOSE TWO DAYS..
What a great surprize when we were able to get a deluxe king fireplace room for about 350.00 total for two days (During week)as it was very expensive for years.The front desk were fantastic ,setting us up with a second story room overlooking lake (the balcony veiw is fantastic both day and night.) the sound of water is very soothing. The room was big well laid out and comfortable. The bathroom is one of the nicest we've been in. A leather couch was where i spent a great deal of time along with window seat. My wife said it is the best feeling room she's been in. Check out the pool at 80+ degrees. putting green course is great, they even vaccum it daily.Talk to the maintence staff and the rest of the crew around, they are very helpful and prompt if you need them ( fireplace wouldnt start my bad, Rafeal was there in about ten min fixed and gone. Walk around and you will meet a lot of really great people and enjoy the peace.Don't forget to visit the Baja Cantina and Grill and the Wagon Wheel Cafe half a block away., maybe less. We will be there in 2015 to celebrate 42,
Can't think of a better place to stay !!

Room Tip: There is a room for most everyone. second story room balconys are large and cmfortable
Kent UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2014

Spent two night here whilst driving Route 1 from San Francisco to Los Angeles, could not have been happier. The reception staff were outstanding.. The reception area is impressive. I loved our large room with comfortable beds and super pillows. The bathroom was fabulous too. We came in early March and the excellent swimming pool was extremely warm. We loved the nine hole putting course situated around the accommodation. Used the driving range at the course too. Only a ten minute easy drive into beautiful Carmel. Would easily have stayed longer in the area and at this lodge. The visit to Point Lobos a short drive was a highlight of our whole road trip, as was watching the sunset from Carmel beach. Highly recommend this lodge and area.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Carmel
La Playa Carmel
#20 of 25 in Carmel
Bernardus Lodge & Spa
Bernardus Lodge & Spa
#1 of 2 in Carmel Valley

Been to Quail Lodge & Golf Club? Share your experiences!