“Great value”

Comfort Inn Carmel By The Sea
Ranked #12 of 24 Hotels in Carmel
Reviewed 25 November 2013

Comfortable, clean, good breakfast, convenient location, very friendly and helpful receptionist at the front desk - I believe Susie is her name. Excellent cost-benefit! We were orinally staying for only one night and then moving on to Monterey, but decided to take a day trip to Monterey and go back to Carmel for two more nights! Best thing we did!

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Paula M

Reviewed 24 November 2013

Checked many hotels in Carmel and this seemed to be the best value. Very limited cramped parking and upon our arrival we witnessed a jeep in the parking lot that backed right into an SUV parked on the street, quite a bit of damage and they just drove off! Hotel is within walking distance to shops and restaurants. Desk clerk was friendly but the main issue for us were the thin walls-our boisterous neighbors were swearing and having loud conversations till 1 a.m. when my husband pounded on the wall and asked them to quiet down (they did). Free Wifi and nice complimentary breakfast.

Room Tip: try many websites to find the best value in Carmel
1  Thank walloongirl
Reviewed 19 November 2013

Have often stayed in Comfort Inn's and knew what to expect. This one was quiet, clean, good beds, easy sleeping, and a short block off the downtown area. Parking was a little 'interesting' as they seem to have more rooms than parking stalls, which may require parking on the street.
It is an attractive setting, with lots of hanging flower baskets. Breakfasts were fine, and standard for motels which provide them.
We would stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 November 2013

I picked this hotel for a three-day stay to start my trip down the Pacific Coast Highway and see the Monterey Aquarium and the sights around Carmel. It looked to be highly rated, quiet and comfortable even if a little pricier than I planned to spend. Well, it looked good but the service from start to finish was terrible and the staff, starting with the manageress who greeted me was surly, arrogant and defensive. For instance, when I put in a wakeup call (I'd forgotten my travel alarm) so I could meet someone in town, they evidently misheard the room number. Then, when I called about it after missing my appointment, even though I had given it to them quite clearly the night before--and a paying guest--instead of an apology I got an accusation that I had given them the wrong room number. Nor were the willing or able to give me any directions, even to nearby places. In addition, their breakfast was the same old prepackaged stuff that you find at all the cheaper inns, and the building was old with thin walls so you heard your neighbor snoring. That said, the location is nice, but so are most places in Carmel.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Barbara D
ComfortCA845, Manager at Comfort Inn Carmel By The Sea, responded to this reviewResponded 19 November 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting your review about your stay at the Comfort Inn Carmel. We appreciate your compliments as it relates to our location and guest room comfort, We apologize that your experience was not up to your satisfaction and that we fell short in meeting your needs. Although I would not characterize our hotel as Overrated as seen by many of the positive reviews posted by previous guests, we will work hard to improve our already high customers service standards. We strive to provide the best customer experience from a service and guestroom standpoint. I will share your comments with our staff as we are always trying to improve.

Reviewed 18 November 2013

I want to tell everyone how much I loved this quaint little Comfort Inn. It was a small hotel. Very clean. The lady that runs the office was so helpful and sweet. The price was very reasonable. The bedding was exceptional. So comfy, crisp and clean. Very close to town. The grounds are beautiful with flowers everywhere. The little breakfast they offer was good too. Sausage, eggs, yogurt. The parking is limited but that's a given for Carmel. We went to a concert at the Sunset center while we were there. A very easy walk from the hotel. In fact you can walk to anything in Carmel from this hotel.

Dear Guest

Thank you sharing you experience about your stay at the Comfort Inn Carmel. We take great pride when we hear from a guest who found there total experience to be exemplary. I was so pleased to hear that you found your stay to be a great value and our guestrooms to be very comfortable. As you mentioned the Yours Truly breakfast is very popular among our guests offering eggs sausage, two types of fresh waffles, yogurt, hard boiled eggs, and assorted pastries and fruit. We look forward to your next stay at the Comfort Inn Carmel!

Reviewed 17 November 2013

We didn't quite no what to expect since we had just stayed at another Choice hotel in southern California and it wasn't so great, but this one, WOW! Quaint and Charming, one would never guess this was part of an international chain. The property was sweet and no detail overlooked from the freshly swept brick courtyard to the colorful poppies in the window box. It feel very European to my husband and I. The room was just as nice and very clean with a very very comfy bed. We were in town for the Big Sur Half Marathon and I got EXCELLENT sleep. Great location and just all around wonderful property. And, lastly the price! It was fantastic. $125 per night with our AAA card. Win Win Win!

Dear Guest,

We truly appreciate your glowing recommendation of the Comfort Inn Carmel. You are correct in your statement that our guestrooms have been recently renovated and the breakfast you described if Comfort Inns new "Your Truly" Breakfast which we re glad you enjoyed. I will pass along your compliments to our housekeeping staff as they take tremendous pride in room cleanliness. We hope you return to enjoy our hotel and the beautiful surroundings of Carmel!

Reviewed 12 November 2013

When we visit Carmel we always go to the Comfort Inn in Carmel by the Sea because of the exceptional service we receive there by Susie!! The location is excellent and we feel like we are at home there!! I would highly recommend it!! Love the area outside to sit and enjoy an afternoon!!

1  Thank Robin M

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience at the Comfort Inn Carmel. We always appreciate when a guest takes time to share their positive moments during there stay. I will pass along your compliments the Susi she does a tremendous job is taking care of each guest. We hope to see you soon at the Comfort Inn Carmel!