“Great pizza”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 20 June 2014 via mobile

We wanted pizza so I looked at a few places & decided on La Dolce Vita. We walked in and it was empty. Oh well, it's only 6 PM. A little early for California people! We ordered their meat pizza. The crust was thin & crispy, savory sauce & fresh toppings! I would definitely go back. They have been in business for 25 years, that should tell you something!

Reviewed 16 January 2014

I can't review the food because we left without ordering. I should have know there was a problem when I called for a reservation and they answered "Hello?" We walked into a completely empty restaurant. I think we woke them up. No liquor license. They have some kind of beer of wine based fake Vodka & Tequila. The wine list was terrible and the menu was very strange. Didn't waste any time in getting up and walking out. How this restaurant is open is a mystery to me.

1  Thank mayorshinn
Reviewed 11 December 2013

The pizza was very good, prices are reasonable for the area. A very good dining experience. The calamari appetizer was great.

Reviewed 28 October 2013

First, this restaurant has moved to a new location - on 5th Avenue, across from the Carmel post office. I had been to the former location several times and always found the food to be delicious and the service excellent. In this regard, nothing has changed. We recently visited the new location with out-of-town friends, who happen to love Italian food. They both ordered the veal chop and loved it. I ordered the seafood pasta, which was generous and served with all fresh seafood, very tasty. The manager, Miguel, is very eager to please and is trying to build business in the new location. So, please do go - you won't be sorry!

Reviewed 29 September 2013

We spent one night in Carmel-by-the-Sea, a beautiful area that we plan to return to. My husband wanted pizza and, while going thru a stack of menus at our B&B, came across La Dolce Vita which featured “gourmet pizza”. After stumbling around in the dark, and getting redirected after a stop at a gallery, we finally found the restaurant. Our first clue should have been that there was only one other couple in the restaurant. We were tired and hungry, so we ordered a pizza to share. The pizza crust was burned around the edges, toppings were sparse and the sauce was bland. The only thing gourmet about the pizza was the price. Table service was slow and the waiter never checked back with us or refilled our water glasses. I would not return or recommend this restaurant.