“$12000 worth of broken promises.”
Review of Conway of Asia

Conway of Asia
Ranked #66 of 112 things to do in Carmel
Reviewed 25 November 2013

While the collection is spectacular, the owner (Mr. Conway) told me a lie to get me to spend $12,000 on a Buddha. My wife and I were on the fence and Mr. Conway said that the price we negotiated was so low that if I purchased the Buddha, he would sign a receipt that he would buy it back after 6 months for the purchase price if we changed our minds. He stated that he will never be able to get another like that and went on selling and selling. We spent the $12,000 because it was virtually a 6 month test drive and this was a guarantee from Mr. Conway personally. We decided that we would sell it back to Mr. Conway for a myriad of reasons. He was traveling the world so we waited for his return. When he returned he sent me an email (did not even call) and said that he could not buy it back due to a downturn in business. He must have hundreds of thousands of dollars in inventory if not millions and he is on Ocean street in Carmel. We were lied to and feel manipulated. I am starting legal proceedings with the state and civil. Sad.

7  Thank joandkim