“Tops for coffee in Carmel”

Carmel Valley Coffee Roasting
Ranked #8 of 11 Coffee & Tea in Carmel
Reviewed 25 August 2013

Their Folifter is a great all round brew but I especially enjoy their various flavored coffees that change daily.

Their baked goods are in my opinion tops of all the Carmel coffee shops.

The staff are all young, pleasant ladies who greet everyone with a smile.

Reviewed 13 August 2013

I always enjoy supporting local roasters and coffee shops - Carmel Valley Roasting is no exception. Their foglifter is just what I need in the morning!

Reviewed 6 June 2013

This must be the most expensive coffee drinks ever disbursed. I mean even for Carmel, it's out of this world at $6 a pop. Now the atmosphere is outstanding, the service a little odd, the location great, but now that Starbucks is disbursing a consistent quality drink for over $2 less in the same neighborhood at the foot of the valley, how can they survive? Its a shame, because this area is desperate for a high quality independent coffee house, like the numerous good choices back in Monterey. The baked goods bring it up to a 3 star.

1  Thank ginger a
Reviewed 12 April 2013

As you probably know, it's hard to find good coffee in the US. This place promised a good cuppa, and at 6/10 was much better than the flavoured water most Americans drink. The atmosphere was kinda funky and it was popular for those wanting to sit and read.
We also bought a sandwich each and they must have been made some time before as they were not as fresh as they shoukd have been.

2  Thank smokyharry
Reviewed 27 March 2013

Carmel Valley Roasting company's Organic Fog Lifter coffee is delicious. I loved it so much that when I got home, I ordered a five pound bag for my freezer. It's my go-to favorite coffee every day: smooth, not bitter, full bodied, rich.