“Great Location, Friendly Folks”
Review of Forest Lodge

Forest Lodge
Reviewed 6 November 2013 via mobile

Some friends and I stayed in the Garden and Ocean suites. Easy walking to great shops, restaurants, and the beach with a wonderful sunset view. Only problem is controlling the temp in the cold seasons. Still, the ocean suite has the ability to block off the two bedrooms and the benefit of space heaters and the garden suite has a gas fireplace.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank GK7
backincarmel, Guest Relations at Forest Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2014

With these old buildings, controlling the temperature can be challenging. We appreciate your understanding and patience. Thanks for choosing to stay with us and we're happy that you enjoyed stay.

Reviewed 4 October 2013

My wife and I spent 5 nights at the Forest Lodge and 3 nights at the Lamplighter Inn in late September as part of our Jazz Festival experience. We love Carmel and to stay at such a quaint and whimsical Inn made for a magical holiday that we will never forget. Thanks to Peggy, Melissa, Cindy and Heather for being so thoughful and fun. The cheese and wine get together is something that we look forward to every afternoon. The first class complimenary breakfast, the peaceful grounds, the wine, chairs and firewood you supplied for our beach fire on Carmel Beach...I have to stop this; I want to go back!! 'This is Carmel, and we hope it stays like this forever.' We love you guys (and you too Shadow) and look forward to our return visit. Alan & Rose, Surrey, B.C. The Great White North. P.S. The service ladies are super.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Alan N
backincarmel, Guest Relations at Forest Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2014

Thank you so much for the kind and thoughtful words. It's always awesome when guests come as strangers and leave as friends. Thank you for sharing your experience and we hope you come back to visit soon.

Reviewed 8 September 2013

We stayed at the Forest Lodge and it was great from beginning to end. It's calm, peaceful, quaint and having your own little cabin in the middle of Carmel it couldn't be any better.
The place has a very personal touch and we just found out that some of the cabins are named after famous people that have stayed there, so they have "The Einstein cabin", "Dali suite" etc.

We even got a bottle of their Lamplighter wine as a gift when attending one of their complimentary wine evenings.
They also bring a basket of breakfast to your doorstep in the morning.
Perfect place!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

We're glad you enjoyed your stay. I love sharing the history of the cottages with guests. I feel like it adds to the enchantment of the place. Thanks for staying with us and taking the time to write a review.

Reviewed 3 August 2013

Lamp Lighter Inn was booked, but they had room at their sister ship, Forest Lodge. It looked just as nice online as Lamp Lighter Inn and was "in town" walking distance to shops and resturaurant. We stayed at the Garden Room with our 2 1/2 year old and it could not have been any more perfect! Peggy, one of the owners could not have been any more welcoming with children and pets. If I had my dog, I am not sure who would have liked her more, my 2 1/2 yr old son, me or my dog!!!! Peggy made balloons & played ball with my son daily.... We were only there for 2 nights and it could not have been any more perfect... Wine & cheese to breakie in the mornings down at Lamp Lighter was F.U.N. (fun).... my son could play with the toys and sonny (the house cat) without any worries. The fire pit was lovely and the guest we met were too..... Friendly, Friendly ,Friendly is the name of this place. They could not have made you feel any more welcome.......STAY STAY STAY is what I SAY!!! we will definitely be back....

Room Tip: I am sure any of there rooms would be great.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 July 2013

This place is adorable. We stayed in the Garrett Loft as the first stop on our honeymoon and we could not have picked a sweeter, more romantic inn in Carmel. Great location that's just far enough away from the crowds but literally a stone's throw from Ocean Avenue. The decor and finishing touches in the bathroom were wonderful. Only reason i can't give it 5 stars, is that the bed was really not very comfortable. It's on the hard but bouncy side. I guess I would say it felt a bit "cheap" compared to the rest of the room. The Garrett Loft is also a good private spot. I would definitely come back.

Room Tip: Garrett Loft is romantic and private
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 June 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Forest Lodge last week to celebrate our eleven year wedding anniversary. We loved every minute of our stay! Our cottage room was very clean and the bed was comfortable. The attention to detail and service were above and beyond. The breakfast basket delivery to our door every morning was great. I'm a pretty big homebody so I'm generally ready to go home at the end of a vacation. I did not want to leave!! We're planning on making this our annual anniversary trip but I'm already planning another trip to take our kids. I can't wait to return!

Room Tip: Forest Lodge is a little farther away from the beach and a little more secluded and set back off the...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 May 2013

Hospitable, clean, light, roomy - good value. Just up the hill from all the shops - everything within walking distance. Relahtively quiet and out of the downtown bustle. Easily accessible to main road to Carmel Valley for wine tasting and to Monterey for whale watching. Will definitely return to stay with these properties.

• Stayed: May 2013