This was the second time we had stayed at the Lamplighters. It was good to share with our American friends this boutique hotel, they had never stayed here.
Words that describe Lamplighters are cool, cute, quiant, neat, friendly and welcoming.
It reminds me of a model village, with little cottages everywhere.
Free happy hour with cheese and wine is part of there daily ritual, served around a largo modern outside fire. Seating is placed all around the fire, so a chance to mingle with other guests.
Location is great, three minutes to the beach and three minutes into the delighted up market shopping areas. Carmel is not tatty and hotels and inns cater for the more discriminating traveller,
Lamplighters certainly falls into that catagory.
Breakfast is a buffet, and this was my only niggle, as the buffet is served like in a shed. Ok when the weather is sunny but not sure when it's raining or cold. ( perhaps it never gets cold in Carmel)
Bedrooms were cosy, clean and comfortable.
A must if staying in this area. Highly recomended.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A small seaside Inn centrally located in downtown Carmel. We offer free parking, beach chairs and breakfast. On weekends we have wine and some other small dishes for our guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Odigeo so you can book your Lamp Lighter Inn & Sunset House Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lamp Lighter Inn And Sunset House Suites
- Lamp Lighter Inn & Sunset House Hotel Carmel