We live about an hour from Carmel and we take our dog to the dog beach all the time. I always walk past the Lamp Light Inn and it is so charming that I knew I wanted to stay here with my husband and dog. We stayed for 2 nights. The check in was easy and laid back. They put snacks and wine in your room for your arrival. We knew they took pets and we always bring our dogs kennel when we stay in hotels. We were surprised to find out that you cannot leave the dog in the room unattended. They said they would arrange someone to "watch" the dog if we needed to leave her. We didn't even bother we just put her in the car when we went to dinner (the cool weather easily allows for this). They serve breakfast from 8-10am and then happy hour is 5-8. They have awesome fire pits to sit around and it is fun to sit around talk with the other people staying at the Inn. We really wanted to sleep in on Saturday since we had a long work week but they start setting up breakfast at 7:30am and our room was right next to the breakfast station so we heard them setting up breakfast and then everyone coming to eat and all the talking. I would venture to say that most of the rooms have this issue. It is a small place and the rooms basically circle this community area. Since we were up so early we wanted to take an afternoon nap and had a hard time because the cleaning crew where vacuuming the rooms next to ours. Did I mention we could literally hear our neighbors peeing in their toilet??? I just don't understand why they don't put in real windows? The windows are shutters so all noise is heard. The place is really adorable and the breakfast is good + happy hour, they take dogs, it is very clean and the beds are pretty comfy. It is really the noise level that doesn't make it 5 star. If you are going to be up early and come back late then it is a great place to stay!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A small seaside Inn centrally located in downtown Carmel. We offer free parking, beach chairs and breakfast. On weekends we have wine and some other small dishes for our guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Lamp Lighter Inn & Sunset House Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lamp Lighter Inn And Sunset House Suites
- Lamp Lighter Inn & Sunset House Hotel Carmel