“Once again, very very happy!”

Patisserie Boissiere Restaurant
Ranked #26 of 153 Restaurants in Carmel
Price range: US$12 - US$26
Cuisines: European, French
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: A relaxing and comforting venue modeled after a European chateau where tables are thoughtfully spaced and fresh flowers, fireplace, candles and soothing musical notes are integral part of the dining experience. The ambience sets the tone for French country food served with a great deal of care for detail, and pastries baked daily on premises. Dining room is available for private dinner parties.
Reviewed 20 June 2014

We chose to celebrate our tenth anniversary here, which is not unusual because we always seem to be celebrating special occasions at Patisserie Boissiere ... birthdays or anniversaries, or with friends who are visiting, etc. We are never disappointed.
I think this time, however, we may have had a new waiter/server. He wasn't as polished as the other servers we have had. One "picky" example is that he didn't understand that it's customary to remove the bread crumbs after the main course and before dessert is to be served. I'm sure the owners will get that corrected!!
Looking forward to more delightful evenings and scrumptious meals there.

2  Thank cabearcat

Reviewed 7 June 2014

We had been walking a round and stumbled on this small quaint restaurant, it was a little different from the normal menus that we had been looking at in carmel.
Staff very friendly, ordered the stuffed mushrooms, delicious
We were given complementary soup or salad. Husband had soup and I the salad, lovely.
Husband had beef bourguignonne & loved it, I the quiche ( wished pastry had been short crust ) but still very tasty.
We shared a chocolate baileys mousse that was define,
They don't sell spirits, but ended up with a glass of champagne .
Lovely fresh flowers on all tables, nice touch.
Would recommend

Reviewed 5 June 2014

We stopped in for breakfast and literally got the last table. It is like being in a French farmhouse. The food is good. The service was very good. The bread was fresh and good. I tried many things and the pastries were delicious. Overall a good meal but most of all great service. A nice, relaxed place.

Reviewed 18 May 2014

crab salad for me , chix caeser for my brother...both tasty . French bread was of course wonderful. it was an unususually hot day for carmel so no a/c . its a quaint cozy place so I love that vibe . sooooooo as we had salads we felt deserving of goodies. I had the chocolate mousse cake I asked for and received extra cream ...my weakness....perfect real whipped cream not canned or whipped cream killed with sugar...baby brother had the lemon tart it was as it should be ...first it makes you pucker then it makes you smile.....we also shared another dessert ...yes I know we are naughty but vacations do that me ...a strawberry and cream turnover ...our least fave but still had a clean plate..........I would like some of that mousse cake right now too....so in closing if your idea of yum is a supermarket bakery fake cream full of sugar cake pass this by...if you dream about desserts made with good chocolate and know that too sweet is not what the best desserts should be... head here ...it would be five stars if my hot flashes hadn't caused me to feel very warm in there..........

Reviewed 13 May 2014

This small restaurant has only 10 tables, a fireplace and the best dessert selection in Carmel! If you have a sweet tooth, leave some room for one of their treats. The menu is a nice mix of California cuisine, for omnivores and vegetarians alike!