“Warm welcome and great breakfast”
Review of Sea View Inn

Sea View Inn
Ranked #17 of 25 Carmel B&B and Inns
Reviewed 5 October 2013 via mobile

You can't actually view the sea but it's a five minute walk away. The main shopping area and Mission Ranch are a 15min walk on opposite sides of the inn. This is a bit of a challenge after sunset as streets are unlit but that makes the stars more beautiful.
We prefer this intimate atmosphere with shared breakfast tables to the impersonal hotels.

• Stayed: September 2013
There are newer reviews for Sea View Inn

Reviewed 3 October 2013

This review is late, I know, but we were going through our pictures and I was reminded of what a great experience this B&B was. And I didn't even get to have breakfast, due to a super early departure.
What you need to know:
Worth it. Especially the room with attached bathroom. Love the no t.v in the room,rule, along with heated bathroom floors and nook to curl up and read
Hospitable: Tracy was amazing. And I can say that- my credit card was compromised and she didn't bat a lash. We were on route to Vegas, she took cash and called me to make sure we were all sorted out after we left- which was completely unnecessary as e had paid our due. Best phone call I have ever received in Fresno.
Clean: No worries. I am A-type and I couldn't find a speck of anything.
Comfort: beds - super comfy. Quiet. Free wine and cheese- do you need more? I am sure the breakfast would have blown my mind if I actually had the time to try it.

All the romance, excitement and mystique of Carmel is right here. Can't imagine staying anywhere else. Book it...promise- it is beyond what you think. And the short walk down to the beach or into charming downtown, is perfect.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 October 2013

My daughter and I stayed for two nights, and Margo and the staff couldn't have been more gracious and welcoming. We had a lovely room on the top floor with a brand new, well appointed bathroom. Breakfast was included and served in the inn's lovely common rooms. The coffee was fantastic. If I every come back to Carmel, the Sea View Inn is my go-to place to stay.

Thank you, Margo.
From, Ann and Lily in Newburyport.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 September 2013

In a town of very quaint cute properties sea view inn fits right in...the property is very pretty both inside and out. Both the owner Tracy and all her staff are friendly welcoming and full of useful info..they cannot do enough for you. Our room no5 was right at the top of the house..it was very small but beautifully finished with a lovely en suite shower room. THe breakfasts are excellent and there is also complimentary daily cheese fruit and wine and plenty of sweets and chocolates around.

The inn is 10 mins walk from the main part of town, and Tracy supplies a torch for you to walk back as Carmel has no street lights, and 2 mins walk from the beach..but don't let the name fool you there is no proper sea view from the inn ..

It's not cheap at c $200 a night but Carmel is not a cheap town and well worth a visit

Room Tip: A room on 1st floor may be bigger
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 September 2013

Stay at sea view inn was one of the best experiences ever! The rooms are comfortable and carefully decorated! The breakfast was perfect!

The owner and her employees were perfect to us!

I do recommend this awesome hotel!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Danjaps
Reviewed 22 September 2013

Just returned from a road trip to California and the Sea view Inn was one of our stops. Lovely old house well located for carmel centre and the beach which are both a pleasant stroll away. Margot took great care of us during the morning mothering us over breakfast and giving us advice and both Kate and Mary did the same in the evenings. The cheese and wine every evening is a great idea and helps everyone to get to know each
other. Carmel is beautiful and a great base for the surrounding area. Monterey and Point Lobos are a must. Kate thank you for recommending The flying fish restaurant. The meal was stunning and Mary thank you for Terry's room is was amazing and we had such a great time with the other couple. This is a Lovely old Inn and a very pretty place

Room Tip: Room number 6 is very nice
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank lostsoul64
Reviewed 8 September 2013

We did a lot of research for our trip to California and were excited about our upcoming stay here. We were en route from our B&B in Monterey to this one when we got a phone call telling us they overbooked and we could only have one of our two nights. The innkeeper was very nice to offer to help us find accommodations for the second night - however, having to move from one spot to another would have been too much of an inconvenience for us. Was disappointing that things could get overbooked when it's such a small spot. Too bad really... Took an hour+ of our vacation to scramble and try to find another inn/B&B.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple