Carmel Bay View Inn
US$389
US$265
US$158
Official Site
Comfort Inn Carmel By The Sea(Carmel)(Great Value!)
US$201
ComfortInn
La Playa Carmel(Carmel)(Great Value!)
US$447
US$432
  • Pool
Quail Lodge & Golf Club(Carmel)(Great Value!)
US$249
Carmel River Inn(Carmel)(Great Value!)
US$169
US$150
Carmel Valley Ranch(Carmel)
US$560
US$507
1,201 results
All reviewsgreat locationbest westernsbreakfast roomgas fireplacetop floorshops and restaurantswithin walking distancefree breakfastthird floornice poolwould stay here againstayed two nightsking bedroom was largean easy walkdowntown carmelpastries
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 18 May 2013

Our stay at this BW hotel was pleasant. The location is very convenient being able to take a short walk to Carmel town full of shops and restaurants and the ocean. We enjoyed walking around the neighborhood blocks to look at the cute storybook cottage homes. There is a nice market next door. The room was attractively furnished and decorated with pastel colors and clean, quiet and looked new. The green clay sea plaques and pictures on the walls were a nice touch. The gas FP was nice to have and the shutters on the windows were nice rather than curtains. The bathroom was exceptionally nicely designed and a good size with pretty tiles and glass shower doors and a frosted window. The breakfast was limited. I would suggest making coffee available in the lobby in the evening. I would recommend for others to stay there and I would stay there again.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 May 2013

The hotel is clean and well maintained and the staff are excellent. The gas fireplaces are a cool feature as it gets chilly at night. The refrigerators in the rooms were a nice plus. The location was very convenient to everything.

Room Tip: The rooms with king sized beds with refrigerators and fireplaces were great.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 May 2013

This is an older motel that has had some renovations. We stayed at a very busy time of year so we basically had a choice between the two Best Westerns in Carmel. We walked by the other Best Western, I don’t think you would have much of a view there. Our room on a higher floor had a distant ocean view and a large patio. Note: Some rooms on the lower level would only have a view of the parking lot/swimming pool area. I think that could be noisy.

The staff wasn’t overly friendly, border line rude, but the location is really great. Walking distance to stores, restaurants and the beach.

Room Tip: Some rooms on the lower level would only have a view of the parking lot/swimming pool area. I think that could be noisy.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 May 2013

This is our first experience of a Best Western hotel (or more accurate..motel). It was not a happy experience.
First. The Carmel Bay View is a motel, most certainly not a hotel.
If you ask to use the restrooms at the reception you will be directed to the public toilets at the local shopping mall. This is UNACCEPTABLE.
Second. The staff on duty when my wife and I arrived, 25-minutes prior to official checkin time of 3pm, was most unhelpful, although he did direct us to the nearest public toilet when we asked to use the restrooms.
I accept that he was unable to check my wife and I in until 3pm but I do not accept the fact that this was a SELECTIVE choice, as when we returned (from using the public loos) just before 14:55pm, he had just finished checking-in another guest, a procedure which presumably takes at least 5- minutes (conservative guess) to complete. This highly selective choice is UNACCEPTABLE.
Thirdly. When we originally arrived at 14:35pm, why did the checkin-clerk not just advise us to relax in the reception area lounge and enjoy a cup of coffee (available in flasks) and that he would check us in as soon as he could (or be when he could be bothered to)? It was obvious that I was just being a nuisance at this particular time. This is UNACCEPTABLE.
We did finally checkin at 3pm, it was not a pleasant experience. The atmosphere was very frosty to say the least.
Now for the facilities: The location of the motel is very good, but please remember this is a motel and, not as described in the literature, a hotel. So do not expect normal hotel facilities as they do not exist at this facility. The facilities which are available are OK, (except there are no restrooms outside your room) and are competitive with similar-type establishments.
The rooms are of a reasonable standard. Our room (Room 208) was a good size. The room was generally well presented and clean but........the coffee maker was located in the loo. How disgusting is that? Someone doing their business then touching the coffee maker. Yuk. This is not hygienic. This must violate some Californian food hygiene law.
The motel room was quite noisy. Most rooms effectively have doors accessible directly from the motel car park. The hard concrete floor surfaces amplify the comings and goings of guests on the same level. Noisy car park. Noise transmits between adjacent rooms, both on the same level and above. I can hear the guy in the next room snoring.
Overall: Service and checkin clerks - 1 star.
Location - 4 star.
Facilities - 2 - star (This is not a hotel).
Would we use this facility again? - Absolutely NOT. We would always elect to stay at a hotel with normal hotel facilities. We feel duped and short changed with the web-description of this facility. We feel that the "hotel" description is in effect very misleading.
(If you are in the Motel market then I think this place is probably OK, although some staffing issues / training needs to be urgently addressed).
Would we visit Carmel again? - Absolutely, it is a lovely location within California. We made a few Carmelite friends in the very short time we were there.
Unfortunately, we now have to endure the Best Western at Fisherman's Wharf in San Francisco tomorrow for the next 3- days. We are not looking forward to this at all. Too late and too expensive to change now. We hope that San Fran Best Western is a hotel and not a motel.

Room Tip: Difficult to say, but perhaps at the end of any given floor level so that you do not hear other guests come and go. Probably avoid 1st floor level (car park level). Most of all please realise that this is motel format and not hotel format.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ally00ps
Joanna N, General Manager at Carmel Bay View Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2017

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

If I can provide any assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me directly at 831-624-1831.

Joanna Napoli
General Manger
Best Western Plus Carmel Bay View Inn

Reviewed 6 May 2013

My husband was recovering from a Brain Injury fall so had to reschedule our original date. They were wonderful and helped me make reservations for a beautiful room with a walk in shower, just perfect!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple