“Lounging at the Carmel Mission Inn”

Carmel Mission Inn & Fuse Lounge Cafe
Ranked #10 of 25 Hotels in Carmel
Reviewed 22 January 2013

We just returned from a three day stay at lovely Carmel Mission Inn. The staff there were very cordial and helpful with my numerous questions about the wifi, local beaches and walking tours. The happy hours were super enjoyable with yummy drinks and a delicious buffet. The free breakfast were beyond delicious. The weather was perfect which I am sure was ordered just for us. We will be sure to stay here again on our next trip to Carmel.

Room Tip: We appreciated the quietness of room 326
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,711)

Reviewed 22 January 2013

This place is a great value for top notch appointments and service. Rooms look like they've been recently remodeled, and are very nice. Decent buffet breakfast, didn't try dinner and drinks at night...next time. Staff was very friendly.

• Stayed: January 2013
Reviewed 22 January 2013

What a great place to stay! I have tried many different places in Carmel over the years and this place has become my favorite. Clean, good prices but even more important and great staff! I also love the fact that there are two shopping centers within walking distance to pick up items you may have forgotten or snacks for watching the sunset on the best beach in California!

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 January 2013

Clean rooms, decent sized, lots of closet space. We had cats with us and the pet fees we reasonable. We walked across the street and ate at Rio Grill - a little pricy but the quality is there! Checkout was a breeze!

Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Karane P
Reviewed 12 January 2013

We stayed for two nights. The hotel is very nice. The rooms are modern and clean. My only complaint was that the room was freezing. The heater seemed liked it just pumped out cold air. I ordered extra blankets which were promptly delivered. But I didn't like how cold it was and noisy with the heater. I slept with a sweater, jacket, and tshirt. The hot tub was nice and clean. They provided robes which is a plus. Only 10-15 min away from Monterey cannery. The wifi was a bit spotty as some previous reviews mentioned. Overall I'd stay again but I'd bring warmer pajamas!

Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 January 2013

Wife and I stayed here for just one night on a recent road trip. We loved it. Very cool 50s or 60s building that has been totally redone in retro mod decor that fits the building well. Not my taste for decorating at home but it was cool in the hotel. Rooms are nice and big.

We had a room with a balcony overlooking the pool. It was chilly and raining when we there so not many people in the pool (there were some). If sitting outside is important to you, I'd probably make sure to ask for a room not by the pool. I could see it getting pretty noisy in warmer weather.

Room Tip: Ask for a room not overlooking the pool if you want to sit outside on your balcony and enjoy quiet t...
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 January 2013

We traveled here and stayed a couple nights while touring all of California last summer. The Carmel Mission Inn was a pleasant surprise. We got a very good deal on price and the rooms and grounds were quite nice. My only complaint was the breakfast buffet, which was slow and a bit unorganized. But otherwise I would recommend others to stay here while in the Carmel area.

Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family