“Agreeable”

Carmel Mission Inn & Fuse Lounge Cafe
Ranked #10 of 25 Hotels in Carmel
Reviewed 11 July 2013

I agree with my fellow reviewers about this Inn, its in a great location not far from Carmel River State Beach and Cabrillo Highway / Route 1 all local amenities are on your doorstep. The staff are very friendly and helpful, rooms are clean and tidy with plenty of room. A nice small pool in the centre of the inn. Unfortunately my stay was overshadowed by a poor nights sleep as my room was next to the car park and their was a wedding on during my stay. So I had to endure constant noise from the departing guests and banging of car doors etc: In the morning I went for breakfast as I had a voucher, the food was basic but was hot and tasty, plates a bit on the small side but overall food was quite nice. I found a local Subways in which to buy my lunch for the pleasant days trip down the Pacific coast highway.

Room Tip: Choose a room away from the car park if you want a peaceful nights sleep.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
guestservicecarmel, Guest Relations Manager at Carmel Mission Inn & Fuse Lounge Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2013

Thank you for the comments about our Carmel hotel. We are very pleased that you think we have a great location and an outstanding staff. They work extremely hard to make sure our guests have a good experience while visiting Carmel. We truly appreciate your business and hope you will stay with us again. Please remember to contact the hotel direct or visit our website for the best rates, packages and service.

There are newer reviews for Carmel Mission Inn & Fuse Lounge Cafe

Reviewed 10 July 2013

You will read that this is a refurbished hotel, and that is true, but what a great makeover it must have had! Rooms were spacious and quiet, nicely decorated in blues and greens. On checkin, you can lock in a daily breakfast buffet for $9.95, and we're glad we did! This was the perfect launching pad for exploring Carmel, Pebble Beach and 17-Mile Drive, Monterey, and Big Sur! The upscale shopping and dining of the Barnyard is right next door! We would stay here again!

Room Tip: If you are in the wing closest to the Barnyard, you will have a very short walk to some fine shops a...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple

We thank you for your review and kind words about our hotel. I’m glad you enjoyed our hotel rooms and also your statement that you would stay with us again. We are very proud of our hard-working and dedicated staff and in our mind that is what makes this hotel a gem. We appreciate your business and hope you will come and stay with us again soon. Please remember to contact the hotel direct for our best rates and packages.

Reviewed 8 July 2013

Great location and great value. A newly updated interior of the hotel. The staff is excellent, especially Kemi and Rana. They could not have been more friendly or professional. For location, price and service, this property delivers on all.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for your review of our Carmel hotel and the comments about our friendly and professional staff. Your recognition of Kemi and Rana will be shared with them as they are true hard-working, industry professionals. We are also glad that you enjoyed our convenient location combined with our great value. We truly appreciate your business and hope you will stay with us again. Please remember to contact the hotel direct or visit our website for the best rates and packages.

Reviewed 8 July 2013

I chose this hotel based on the good reviews, and now I believe all good reviews are legit :)

Location is excellent! Easy access to Hwy 1, Ocean Ave and all major attractions. The only tricky part is the entrance sign is easy to miss on the Rio Road, it's actually next to Chervon gas station. The exterior of the inn doesn't look fancy at all, but the interior has been renovated nicely. I loved the ocean themed wall art and matching curtain, and even the beautiful table lamp.

We got there around 2pm but our room wasn't ready. The front desk lady was really nice and friendly, she spent time talking to me and gave me a map and some restaurant coupons, as well as the direction to Ocean Ave. When I came back later a gentleman gave me the room key, no lines at all. All staff I talked to were extremely friendly.

Our room was on the 2nd floor, Rm 243, the gentleman told me that I need to use stairs in the back, but still it took me a while to find the correct stairs. I'd suggest the hotel provide a simple drawing to help us locate the stairs.

The bed was very comfy, free wi-fi, and even an extra folding bed. Everything seems very new!

The breakfast was good. I've got complimentary breakfast since it's the room of 2. Otherwise it's $9 per person. Orange juice costs extra $3.50 sounds a bit strange.

Overall I had a fantastic stay here, and would recommend it to anyone visiting Carmel.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank 1sttimeincancun

We are pleased at your description of our cozy hotel. We are also glad that you enjoyed our convenient location and renovated guestrooms. As you have noted we have a very friendly staff that is mentioned throughout many reviews of our property. We are very proud of our staff and the job they do in representing our community. We truly appreciate your business and hope you will stay with us again. Just remember to contact the hotel direct or visit our website for the best rates and service

Reviewed 8 July 2013

I stayed here 4th of July weekend with my husband and 1 year old son. The hotel was nice enough and had a good vibe to it. When we checked in, we were given two breakfast vouchers (which we were promised because when we booked the staff incorrectly quoted us a price - nice way to fix the error) and in addition were given two free drink tickets which was a nice surprise. That evening after our son went to sleep, we figured we could sit on the balcony and enjoy a drink with our surprise drink vouchers. I ordered a rum and coke for my husband and a rose' for myself. I had the tickets clearly on the bar for him to see but after he poured, he told me the rose' didn't qualify and pointed out restrictions on the back of the tickets. It would've been nice had he mentioned that before pouring since I obviously had intended to use the vouchers. I apologized that I hadn't read the find print clearly enough and he rudely shamed me. I honestly expected him to let it slide but he didn't and I ordered a rum and coke for myself - afraid that I would order another thing that was not "voucher approved". He took the already poured glass of rose' and put it in the bar fridge and after pouring my rum and coke ignored me. I tried to get his attention but he quickly rushed to the only other person at the bar. I waited until he was done with their transaction to show him the $10 bill in my pocket that I had intended to give him had he not been so rude and turned a nice gesture by the hotel into an unpleasant experience. I left him $1.
I told the man at the front desk about my experience and he was nice enough about it but ultimately didn't do anything about it to my knowledge. The rest of our experience was good but because of this experience it's not definite that we would stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to review our Carmel hotel. We are pleased that you enjoyed our accommodations but are concerned about your comments regarding a staff member who works in the bar. Rest assured that your comments will be addressed with the manager of our food and beverage operation and we will have a discussion with the employee concerning this situation. As you will note from many of our reviews we receive many positive comments about the friendly and professional staff working here and it is our goal to insure a positive experience for all guests. We truly appreciate your business and hope you will stay with us again. Please remember to contact the hotel direct or visit our website for the best packages and rates.

Reviewed 8 July 2013

Rooms quiet and clean. Since we brought our dog (very dog friendly), we ate in for dinner and breakfast. Food and service very good. The only negative was the area to walk the dog appeared under repair or in shabby condition. Tons of foxtails. Those who have dogs know what problems that causes.

• Stayed: June 2013

Thanks for your review of our hotel and the positive comments about our operation. I’m glad you enjoyed our quiet and clean guestrooms along with the good food and service. We truly appreciate your business and hope we will see you again soon. Please remember to contact the hotel direct or visit our website for the best rates and packages.

Reviewed 8 July 2013

While the walls are very thin (to the point you can hear bathroom business), this pet friendly hotel is quite nice. The pool area and grounds are welcoming and the staff is super friendly. It was a grey and cold day, so the fire pits felt good! I had to pay $2 for a cup of coffee even though I didn't take advantage of the breakfast offer. I think a free cup of coffee would have been a nice gesture:(
Overall, nice place outside of downtown.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
guestservicecarmel, Guest Relations Manager at Carmel Mission Inn & Fuse Lounge Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2013

Thank you for the review of our Carmel CA hotel. We are very proud of our staff and as you noted they are very friendly and accommodating. We do have a limited number of pet friendly rooms and we are glad you were able to take advantage of that. We sincerely appreciated your business and hope you will stay with us again. Please remember to contact the hotel direct or visit our website for the best rates and packages.