“Excellent all the way around.”

Carmel Mission Inn & Fuse Lounge Cafe
Ranked #11 of 24 Hotels in Carmel
Reviewed 8 April 2014 via mobile

Cannot wait to stay again but next time I will be bringing my pup. Staff was excellent. Buffett in the morning was great. Very fresh with a great variety. My only complaint, if it is even a complaint, was we went out for dinner on the Saturday night we stayed there and when we came back to the hotel parking was very limited. Wish 1 spot would have been marked for the room we were staying in.

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank Lynette G
Write a ReviewReviews (1,729)

Reviewed 8 April 2014

We have been staying at this hotel off and on since the 1970's when the hotel opened. Through several changes it was always a little better. I think that what they are doing now has made an old location look and feel 'new'. We have enjoyed the stays there.

Reviewed 8 April 2014

We love staying at this hotel. It has a lovely relaxing feel to it surrounded by lush green hills and the rooms are spacious and well maintained. The pool and jacuzzi is lovely to relax by and shops and restaurants are within walking distance. Monterrey is just a short drive and Carmel right at the doorstep. This location is superb for visiting Point Lobos State Park, Carmel Valley and even Santa Cruz is an easy and pleasant drive.

The hotel staff are very warm and friendly and I found them very responsive if I needed anything such as extra pillows etc. We have stayed at this facility for 15 plus years and it feels like coming home each and every time. It is one of the nicer places to stay in the area but the Central Coast is known for its beauty and the hotels are not 'City luxurious' but it offers all the comforts of a well run facility, is clean,maid service is very good and location is excellent. It is also in a quiet location and I would definitely recommend this hotel if you are visiting the area.

Room Tip: All of the rooms are nice and well situated. I prefer higher floors and there is elevator access to...
1  Thank britgal2015
Reviewed 8 April 2014

On our 3-day-drive from LA to SFO we stayed the 2nd night in Carmel. When we arrived at Rio Road we were a bit shocked about the outside look of the 'Carmel Mission Inn'. It look a bit like a Motel from the 60's. But then it turned out to be a positive surprise!

Check-in was friendly and fast, got the instruction how to drive to our room. We had a room on the 3rd floor, with a nice balcony. The room itself was nicely renovated. Only when you open the curtains you see the old aluminum-framed windows and the older AC - but nothing to worry about.

The only two negative points are
- Internet very, very slow
- price a bit too high for what is offered

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 April 2014

This is such an enjoyable hotel. They have great deals which include breakfast unlike many hotels in the area. The rooms are decorated great and are a very good size. There are also many lovely golf course near by.

Reviewed 5 April 2014

My family and I recently spent three nights at the Carmel Mission Inn, our second time staying here. It's an older property, but has been nicely redecorated and is very well maintained. The hotel is conveniently located near a number of eating and shopping choices, and is mere steps away from The Barnyard shopping complex where we ate on two occasions. The swimming pool is nice and, although heated, it still not quite warm enough for a swim on a cool Carmel spring day.

I asked for a quiet room away from the elevators when I booked my room, and they delivered without me having to ask a second time. The rooms are standard-sized motel rooms, are in good condition and have obviously been revamped at some point. We had difficulty getting warm air from the heater, but they sent someone up quickly to fix this. My only complaint regarding the room has to do with the remodeled bathroom. First, the original door has been replaced with a sliding door that leaves a small gap even when closed, compromising privacy. Second, the original tub has been replaced by a shower stall with no door on it, so that if you point the showerhead in the wrong direction, the floor outside the shower gets soaked. Despite these issues, we slept well and found the room comfortable.

The in-room wifi is not terribly fast, and occasionally drops connections, but it wasn't as bad as some I've experienced. The kids were able to see each other's devices and play Minecraft PE over the network, so it was good enough for us. We paid for the breakfast buffet one of the mornings we were there. It was good, certainly better than the free breakfasts many hotels serve. I would recommend buying the breakfast voucher at check-in, however, because it gives you a discounted price and I would have been disappointed if I had paid more than the discounted price.

Overall, I would recommend the Carmel Mission Inn if you are okay with the caveats I've listed. We would stay there again if we return to Carmel.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 April 2014

The fact that this hotel is pet friendly may explain the strong smell of air freshener that is overwhelming in the room. Maybe there is a way to have some rooms that are not pet friendly. I have allergies and would prefer a non-pet friendly room.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
4  Thank Begic3
guestservicecarmel, Guest Relations Manager at Carmel Mission Inn & Fuse Lounge Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2014

Thank you for taking the time to comment on our hotel. I must correct the inaccuracy of your statement however. Yes we are a pet friendly hotel but these rooms are limited and restricted to certain areas only. Thus not all rooms are pet friendly. For anyone traveling to our hotel if you suffer from any allergies please let us know and we will make every effort to insure your comfort.